Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Interesting:

Why is that interesting?
  • WelshBluebirdWelshBluebird Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll only be a contract if they make me aware of the terms and I agree to them.

Which will probably have to happen for you to actually get a power bar from them in the first place!
  • Synthetic42Synthetic42 Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you have to return it after 18 months or if you leave them before that, not a massive deal as you're getting to use it for free anyway (minus the 35p text) they'll probably make quite a bit from people sending the texts anyway
    Forum Member
    Just got mine.

No mention of contracts, minimum term, £5 charge, etc.

Gave him my code, he typed it in, a received a "Congrats on getting your power bar" type message and he handed me the bar and said "there you go mate".
  • Mark CMark C Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got mine.

No mention of contracts, minimum term, £5 charge, etc.

It's unenforceable, and in any case the 'book' price of the chargers (as far as EE's bean counters are concerned) will be bugger all after 18 months. Cost of collection won't make it worthwhile.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha,

So its a rent-a-blob.
    Forum Member
    Mark C wrote: »
    It's unenforceable, and in any case the 'book' price of the chargers (as far as EE's bean counters are concerned) will be bugger all after 18 months. Cost of collection won't make it worthwhile.

I completely agree.

Anyway, for anyone that's interested:

http://tinypic.com/r/2nuo9ok/8
  • ZebbZebb Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theporter wrote: »
    It's an 18 month contract and if you don't return it they will take a fiver from your account so not free

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/EE%20Power_terms%20and%20conditions_300315.pdf

When this agreement expires or terminates (for mobile or broadband customer this will happen automatically if you chose to cancel your agreement with us for mobile or broadband services), you must return the Power Bar to an EE store within 60 days. If you don’t you’ll have to pay a charge to compensate us for replacing the Power Bar. Currently this is £5. For mobile and broadband customers, this will be applied to your bill. If you’re not an existing customer, we’ll contact you using the information supplied to us when you joined EE Power and we’ll issue a bill for the cost of replacing the Power Bar that has not been returned

Win, win, win for EE. All this publicity, millions of 35p texts, plus £5 charge after 18 months. :o Funny how they claimed it's worth £20 for basically a single AA rechargeable battery.

And now this morning; email and text spam from EE, not such a bargain after all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sent my text at half 8 and still no reply....

EDIT: Got it just after I posted this.
  • metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sent my text at 8:59, still no reply.

Just seeing if EE are monitoring this forum and it will magically arrive as I post this as per the poster above.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    metanoia wrote: »
    Sent my text at 8:59, still no reply.

Just seeing if EE are monitoring this forum and it will magically arrive as I post this as per the poster above.

It did seem a bit coincidental haha, It's probably just the system catching up with the backlog
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comments on other forums are that POWER has to be in capitals?
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zebb wrote: »

Tried it twice and no reply and no change to my balance so ive given up. on EE Dan and Phil promotional sim.
  • a4704a4704 Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Got my reply an hour ago and I've just collected it from my local EE store.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Zebb wrote: »

Mine wasnt in caps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither was mine, I think the system is just swamped and taking forever to generate the codes and send out the replies
  • metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got my reply, a mere 5 hours that took.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I finally got my power bar. First try 9.10am then second try at 11.50am. Come 1.04pm I got the message with the code. I pop down to my local EE store about 1.30pm. There is a queue outside the door. After 5 mins a crabbit lassie comes over to us and says. "Can you all come inside the shop I have a footfall counter that's counting you a million times (I had made a thread about this shops obsession with footfall counter recently). If you are in for a Power Bar you must have the text message, you must be the account holder and you must have ID!"

I was hoping I didn't have to be served by her! Thankfully a guy severed me. I gave him my phone with and showed him the text. All he asked is "Are you the account holder?" Started processing it and the phone got a text saying "You've got your Power Bar..." I said to the guy I didn't think it would be so busy. He said "That's it getting quiet now!"

When I got home I got another text saying "We can only send 1 code per customer..." Yes their system must be overloaded!

Footfall counter thread if anyone's interested:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2059499&highlight=
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snip... Thankfully a guy severed me.

Ouch! Sorry, in a silly mood at the moment. :kitty:
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally have the code but in two minds now. So its not our charger but on contact and we have to hand it back after 18 months or pay £5? Seems ridiculous for something you can buy on Amazon for £3 including delivery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    I finally have the code but in two minds now. So its not our charger but on contact and we have to hand it back after 18 months or pay £5? Seems ridiculous for something you can buy on Amazon for £3 including delivery.

While they may not hold you to these terms and conditions do be aware they exist. Worst thing that can happen is they charge you £5 in 18 months time if you don't hand it back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    metanoia wrote: »
    Got my reply, a mere 5 hours that took.

Sent my text at 10:00hrs, still waiting.......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

3 quid ? The Anker models (which this one seems to be an OEM version of) are about a tenner. 3 quid might get you some crappy one, that could explode, but your choice.....
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got my code after texting at about 8am.
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's still a better deal - you pay 35p instead of a few quid, you can get it replaced at any time with a fully charged one, and in 3 years' time the one you bought from Amazon will likely have a totally dead battery anyway (so it will be worthless), whereas the EE one might not (if they still do replacements by then)