Options

Audio bleed from Freeview or Analogue

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
Forum Member
Have noticed just recently that in quiter parts of Sky transmissions on any channel I get bleed through of whatever the TV is tuned to in the background, either Freeview or analogue. Everything is laced up in the straight way with decent scart leads. Not using HDMI as although by box is HD my TV isn't....any answers?

Comments

• Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,745
    Forum Member
    I've only ever known faulty SCART leads or connections cause this.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,630
    Forum Member
    Have you tried switching the TV to an untuned analogue channel?

I used to get this with my old CRT and switching SCART leads around made no difference which led me to think the bleed-through was happening in the TV's internal circuitry.

The other workaround is to feed the audio from Sky and other external sources (eg DVD player) through a separate sound system.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    your TV is outputting always TV tuner from one of the scart sockets on the TV. Usually happens when you have a peripheral piece of equipment connected to AV2 via scart and also connected to the Sky box via the VCR scart. What have you got connected and what make is your TV. Worst case scenario you can create a one way scart lead for the audio by snipping the L/R on the scart. Give us a bit more detail as above. This is easy to cure once we have the detail.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,526
    Forum Member
    As already suggested, this is almost always caused by poorly screened SCART leads.