"Queens of British Pop" on BBC Two

Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
Forum Member
Anyone else watching this? It's very interesting. So far we've convered Dusty Springfield, Sandie Shaw, Marianne Faithful and currently Suzi Quatro. Interesting to see them in later life and where they went with their careers, like Sandie Shaw appearing with The Smiths on TOTP.

Comments

• CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am now. Thanks for the heads up.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Bush - brilliant
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drat, missed it. Hope it's on I-PLayer later.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drat, missed it. Hope it's on I-PLayer later.

it was was quite quisquilian
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,047
    Forum Member
    It was a repeat, it was on last year I think. The second part is on next Sunday but it's from post-punk to The X Factor.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kate Bush. The weather presenter Sian Lloyd with her penchant for over expressive hand and arm movements always reminded me of this performance by Kate, the first line being suitably "weather related."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3gKKiTvjs
  • porkpieporkpie Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recorded this to dvd last time it was on and its very good.
    All they need to do now is repeat the other ones I have that were on afew years back .
    2 one hour documentaries - Kings of Glam /Queens of Disco.

Nice companion pieces to the one on tonight

Not sure if it was directly connected to the original screening but they aired some actual 60's / 70's shows on BBC4 with one episode from each of the Dusty Springfield show aswell as the half hour series presented by Lulu and Sandie Shaw.
    There was also a 4th one but I can't recall what it was and my dvd is out of reach .
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a repeat, it was on last year I think. The second part is on next Sunday but it's from post-punk to The X Factor.

Oh right. Didn't have an R for repeat in our TV guide so assumed it was new. Don't think I've seen it anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was OK until they showed a picture of Geri Haliwell.
  • DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only caught the Siouxsie Sioux and Kate Bush bit - but still well worth the watch.

Kate Bush is one amazing woman :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I had forgotten how innovative Kate Bush was. Cloudbusting is one of my favourite tracks of all time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had forgotten how innovative Kate Bush was. Cloudbusting is one of my favourite tracks of all time.

Mine too along with Hounds of Love and Running up That Hill. :)
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Just watched tonight's edition on iPlayer. Interesting to see how rebellious the likes of Alison Moyet, Annie Lennox and Kylie Mingoue were, and heartbreaking to see Amy Winehouse being referred to in the present tense, what w the show being a repeat of a couple of years ago.