Ipad not downloading iPlayer programs

WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
Forum Member
Hi all,

Just noticed a load of the programmes I usually download on iPlayer for ipad for later viewing, are now not downloadable - the link just isn't there.

Anyone got similar issues or is it just a bug? Wondering if they've got some DRM issues so have pulled some downloads.

:(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a look at some programmes on the Featured pages.

The Thick of It, Hebburn, The Choir had download links. But Strictly, Graham Norton, Merlin and Harry & Paul didn't.

Perhaps a glitch?
  • WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Glad its not just me, thanks for that :)
  • LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    If someone finds out what's going on can they let me know also :-) been like this for a few days booo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Likewise not happy. I usually download stuff to watch on the train to work!:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    I am having trouble accessing iTunes, Apps Store and Music Store on my iPad 2

When I select the apps I get a "loading" screen and then a blank white screen!

Anyone having a similar problem...iTunes is fine on my PC?
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am having trouble accessing iTunes, Apps Store and Music Store on my iPad 2

When I select the apps I get a "loading" screen and then a blank white screen!

Anyone having a similar problem...iTunes is fine on my PC?

Yes I have the same problem .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Can't find anything about this on the net but there must be a problem at Apple!
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,594
    Forum Member
    It must be rectified now, I have just tested it and downloaded Hebburn without any problem. 160MB downloaded in around 1 min. Program tested and playing off line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It hasn't been rectified for me. Not one of the ten programmes on the Featured page has a download button.
    Forum Member
    It hasn't been rectified for me. Not one of the ten programmes on the Featured page has a download button.

Get you now, if I go via the featured page, the download button is missing, strangely, some of the programs if you search and click them do give the download option.

Have you emailed the BBC?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't. I wonder if anyone has reported it.
    Forum Member
    I haven't. I wonder if anyone has reported it.

I've just reported it from within the app.

Direct link
    https://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/templates/bbciplayer/emailForms/emailPage
  • LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I have managed to download some shows like cuckoo and breakaway but dragons den and a few others are missing the button still, maybe they are working on a fix
    Forum Member
    Should be fixed now, had an email reply to my report.
    Thank you for contacting the BBC iPlayer Support Team.

We understand that you reported that you were not able to download any new content on iOS devices via the BBC iPlayer app.

The problem is now resolved and was due to technical issue. The underlying fault was resolved on Wednesday afternoon (31 October 2012), but it would have taken a while for the system to work through its backlog of programmes to be published as a download.

BBC iPlayer would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and to thank all of those who took the time to report this issue to us.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards