Jordan as Myra Hindley

gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
Forum Member
✭✭
I know it was done a few years ago but as a loving mother and icon to Essex chavs even this is beyond contempt in getting publicity.

From no taste to bad taste!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jordan-as-myra-hindley-is-meant-to-make-670047

Comments

• Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Just appalling!:mad:
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not one to stick up for Katie but she didn't pose for the photograph. The "artist" took a photograph of her face and merged it with the photograph of Myra Hindley. It says in the article. So it didn't have anything to do with her.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just appalling!:mad:

I agree. Cant see the point of posting something like this .....its over 3 years old. :confused::(
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    I agree. Cant see the point of posting something like this .....its over 3 years old. :confused::(

...and nothing actually to do with Kp apart from the fact someone used her image.

Silly thread.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    OP always likes to post WUM threads, again it pointless thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna38 wrote: »
    I'm not one to stick up for Katie but she didn't pose for the photograph. The "artist" took a photograph of her face and merged it with the photograph of Myra Hindley. It says in the article. So it didn't have anything to do with her.

Whoever is responsible for that is a despicable piece of shit. What a rotten individual.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I thought the artist had a good point here:
    "I am not a huge fan of Jordan but I've got nothing against her and I don't think she deserves the 'Most Hated' label," explains Kev. "I got the idea for this piece when I read a newspaper headline that shocked me. The article described Katie as 'The most hated woman in Britain'. I couldn't believe that people could really feel that strongly about her when there's so much evil in the world. When I think of 'hated' women, the first person who comes to mind is the Moors Murderer Myra Hindley. I think the macabre black and white police photograph of her from the 60s is the epitome of evil. So I set about merging that iconic image with Katie's face, and I hope when people look at it they will immediately realise the two women are poles apart. I'm not looking to defend Jordan, but I hope I can make people think more seriously about the way they react to celebrities."
    Controversially done,and definitely not tasteful, but he makes a fair point. I'm not a fan of Katie either, to put it mildly, but blaming her for this is daft.

Anyway this is ancient news.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    I thought the artist had a good point here:

Controversially done,and definitely not tasteful, but he makes a fair point.

Anyway this is ancient news.

Quite. Amazing that 3 years later, people still totally miss the message he was trying to get across.

But yeah, ancient 'news' - and pointlessly resurrected. :yawn:
    Forum Member
    I've always understood the message he was trying to get across but it the whole thing has never sat comfortably with me, even less so, 2nd time around.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the artist allowed to do this? I'd be raging if someone did this to me. This is really insulting her and making her out to be some sort of heartless and nasty bitch.
  • CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Is the artist allowed to do this? I'd be raging if someone did this to me. This is really insulting her and making her out to be some sort of heartless and nasty bitch.

I thought the idea was the opposite of that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Quite. Amazing that 3 years later, people still totally miss the message he was trying to get across.

Oh, I see - is this some sort of intellectual's effort to make those of us who don't instantly "get" his work feel stupid? They sound like an attention seeker...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I see - is this some sort of intellectual's effort to make those of us who don't instantly "get" his work feel stupid? They sound like an attention seeker...

:confused: Intellectual's effort?? There's no intellectual effort required to understand the guy's intentions which were, as per his own explanation, not to denigrate KP, merely to hold what he sees as genuine evil up to the light to put the 'hate' directed at KP into perspective.

As a piece of art, I don't think it's particularly interesting or inspiring but there's nothing offensive about it imo.

I'm more confused as to why the OP thought this was worth resurrecting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I rest my case.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always understood the message he was trying to get across but it the whole thing has never sat comfortably with me, even less so, 2nd time around.

It seems odd that KP will criticse people for being overweight/shagging someone she once shagged/breathing, yet she seems to have said nothing about an artist using a photo of her in this way. No matter what he claims (and I've yet to come across anyone who would equate KP to Hindley), this smacks of a publicity stunt on the artist's part, and an unpleasant one at that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :confused: Intellectual's effort?? There's no intellectual effort required to understand the guy's intentions which were, as per his own explanation, not to denigrate KP, merely to hold what he sees as genuine evil up to the light to put the 'hate' directed at KP into perspective.

Fair enough - it still comes across as attention seeking to me though, and in exceptionally poor taste even when it becomes clear what the intentions were. I wonder if the artist took the time to consider how the families of the victims of Hindley and Brady would feel?
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    I would be appalled if somebody did this to a photograph of me, no matter what sort of message they were hoping to put across.

It's not as bad as a picture one artist did that depicted Myra Hindley as an angel surrounded by children that had flocked to see her :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be appalled if somebody did this to a photograph of me, no matter what sort of message they were hoping to put across.

It's not as bad as a picture one artist did that depicted Myra Hindley as an angel surrounded by children that had flocked to see her :mad:

As much as I dislike Katie Price, I totally agree. If I were her, I would do everything I could to sue the artist and distance myself from such a horrible act (whatever his intentions, it seems awful and ill-thoughtout).

As for the second paragraph, I don't think I've heard of that before. Words fail me. Some of the people in this world have a screw loose no matter what "message" they are supposedly trying to get across.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin Sharkey.

Wasnt he the guy that copresented The Roxy with Kid Jensen?
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone would think he was making the point after reading some of the more unpleasant posts in the KP threads in Showbiz. Both the extreme vitriol written about her and his attempt to portray it are way OTT. She is one of hundreds of attention seeking zelebs, no more no less.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    OP always likes to post WUM threads, again it pointless thread.

Every other post from you is wanting a posting removed or criticizing it! Dear oh dear! :rolleyes:

IF this image was not with her consent she should have sued - she didn't as it gave her huge publicity; that is her craving!
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll probably sue.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    As much as I dislike Katie Price, I totally agree. If I were her, I would do everything I could to sue the artist and distance myself from such a horrible act (whatever his intentions, it seems awful and ill-thoughtout).

As for the second paragraph, I don't think I've heard of that before. Words fail me. Some of the people in this world have a screw loose no matter what "message" they are supposedly trying to get across.

The artist is portraying Price in a sympathetic light , she would be mocked if she took this to court. Especially 3 years after the event.
    Forum Member

The thing is he's not insulting Jordan in the slightest, quite the opposite in fact, if you read the article, you'll see this.
    Personally speaking I just found the whole thing very tasteless.
  • Laptop LilLaptop Lil Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of Katie's at all, but that is tasteless, degrading and uncalled for. This so called artist needs a good talking to :mad: