Jordan as Myra Hindley

13»

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe people are making assumptions about my character or motives for hating something to do with Myra Hindley. You lot are as twisted as the artist and this forum is a joke. I'm sorry I ever started posted again.

Even when understanding the art, I can still think it vile.

The way I'm being sneered at and tarnished because I dare not think the art anything more than disgusting and pointless is insane.

As someone who hasn't commenting on this thread, I have to say I think you're massively overreacting and taking what has been said out of context.

I agree with the post above that says sometimes you need to be less sensitive, take disagreement on the chin and not take people disagreeing with you as a personal attack, which this certainly wasn't

I haven't seen any sneering and tarnishing towards you, only others responding to your accusation of others trying to feel superior. You really made this personal and then appear to be getting even more rude and personal when other FMs have defended themselves
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe people are making assumptions about my character or motives for hating something to do with Myra Hindley. You lot are as twisted as the artist and this forum is a joke. I'm sorry I ever started posted again.

Even when understanding the art, I can still think it vile.

The way I'm being sneered at and tarnished because I dare not think the art anything more than disgusting and pointless is insane.

If part of this was in reference to my post, which was directly above yours, the two points (namely, 'understanding' the art and also thinking it 'vile') are not mutually exclusive and I didn't intend to suggest that they were. For my part, I was definitely not defending the artist, was certainly not sneering at you and am far from 'twisted' (well, no more than the average person!!!) :) I'm sorry if you've taken anything I wrote personally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    I wander how you'd cope with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_Innocents_(Rubens)

Observe the nude on the right hand side lifting the baby in to the air ready to thrash its body against a marble post.

Far more tasteless and distressing than this Hyndly / Price pic - but one of the greatest paintings ever created.

There's a big difference between the two. The Rubens one depicts a biblical event.
    This Hindley one was produced when Keith Bennets mother was still alive, other relatives also. And the child killers themselves.
    It's akin to superimposing Andre's face onto one of the Bulger killers' to make the same point.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    Hi :)

I think it would be a shame if you stopped posting just because people disagree with your point of view. It is inevitable on a public forum that there will be a conflict of opinions but just bear in mind that you are entitled to your opinion even if others don't agree with it.

I can see both sides of the argument here, I get where you are coming from because the photograph is hideous and I can fully understand why some would find it offensive. On the other hand I understand the point the artist was making.

I don't like KP, I think she is a very unpleasant individual but being referred to as the "most hated woman in Britain" is way OTT. Sometimes people need to put things in perspective, which is the point the artist was making.
    Bits in bold............I agree to a certain extent but if you're going to post on a forum, you need to learn to accept that there are times not everyone is going to agree with your point & just take it on the chin without feeling victimised.

The artist is (as I pointed out previously) not portraying KP as the most hated woman in Britain, he is showing us what a real hate figure is ie Myra Hindley, subsequently explaining why it is ridiculous to class KP as this.
    Well said.