I'm ashamed to admit to watching this

benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This has become a monstrous travesty of the original .
The manipulation of the viewers and the calibre of the housemates has made this all rather sick. The BB forum was the reason I joined DS. It's now a pretty horrible place. The whole project has been turned on its head not to cause conflict in the house but to create conflict with the public. It's the public who are being manipulated.

Comments

• RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are right Benjamini.

I haven't watched any BB for a while. I don't know why I'm doing this one really, boredom I think, and I'm ashamed.:blush:

The forum was always a bear pit though, but the arguments are much less interesting now.
  • WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And flounce! :p
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never understand the point of posts like this....the manipulation, the favouritism, the fixing of scenarios, the breaking of rules to suit certain agendas...it's been like this for at least the past 10 years, in my opinion even longer than that. You just have to watch the show and accept it for what it is now.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And flounce! :p

Never flounced in my life, don't have the legs for it. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never understand the point of posts like this....the manipulation, the favouritism, the fixing of scenarios, the breaking of rules to suit certain agendas...it's been like this for at least the past 10 years, in my opinion even longer than that. You just have to watch the show and accept it for what it is now.

Yeah yeah , but when it becomes more ugly than entertaining it begs the question ?
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    The manipulation of the viewers and the calibre of the housemates has made this all rather sick. The BB forum was the reason I joined DS. It's now a pretty horrible place. The whole project has been turned on its head not to cause conflict in the house but to create conflict with the public. It's the public who are being manipulated.

Maybe you should turn off, I have for all the reasons you have stated.
  • WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh, come on, it's a DS tradition. And you don't have to actually go anywhere, stop watching BB or posting on DS! ;-)
  • Stan_BStan_B Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all now geared up to keeping what BB regards as the "most entertaining housemates" in there. I would prefer to call them the most obnoxious housemates. May as well pick a house full of arrogant bully types as the genuine nice normal people are not going to get a look-in.
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We should start a club. :D

I haven't watched BB for years now. I would choose this series to come back to. :eek::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should turn off, I have for all the reasons you have stated.

You were one of the stars on this forum many years ago , loved the camaraderie and the WHATM threads.
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi Benji,

I entirely agree with you, I came here because of BB, it used to be such a giggle on Channel 4 with what I called the scroll chat, we'd be in fits laughing and having fun.

I truly hope I've put opinions and responses without insulting anyone, there is no need for that at all yet I do see it happening on here. Such a shame :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I haven't watched any BB for a while. I don't know why I'm doing this one really, boredom I think, and I'm ashamed.:blush:

The forum was always a bear pit though, but the arguments are much less interesting now.

Your a bloody trouble maker :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi Rhumba, just having a moan. Being entertained by so many vile people makes me a bit sick. Bit like watching freak show or bear baiting . It appeals to our base in stinks.,
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always seem to be at odds with the public favourites these days.

Jim Davidson. Helen Wood. Katie Hopkins.

It is frustrating because when I come to a forum such as this one it is with the certainty that most people will disagree with my opinion and I wish this were not the case.

I'm not ashamed. Just frustrated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    Your a bloody trouble maker :D

Got to have a bit of fun Mrs T. As well as expand consciousnesses, of course.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    Hi Benji,

I entirely agree with you, I came here because of BB, it used to be such a giggle on Channel 4 with what I called the scroll chat, we'd be in fits laughing and having fun.

I truly hope I've put opinions and responses without insulting anyone, there is no need for that at all yet I do see it happening on here. Such a shame :(

Haha Mrs T you are a star on every thread you tread. I mean that :D
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree it has become a farce and a pantomime with seemingly manipulation at its core. ;-):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got to have a bit of fun Mrs T. As well as expand consciousnesses, of course.:D

I'll put you unconscious if you don't behave :D

At the end of the day, they are the ones making some dosh out of this not us :p mad eh
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    You were one of the stars on this forum many years ago , loved the camaraderie and the WHATM threads.

I would not say I was a star:D many of the stars have left. I still enjoy the forum, there are some great posters on here and although I am not a great debater, like you I have enjoyed the camaraderie but enough is enough as far BB is concerned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Rhumba, just having a moan. Being entertained by so many vile people makes me a bit sick. Bit like watching freak show or bear baiting . It appeals to our base in stinks.,

I don't know if I'm even entertained much, just oddly, sickly fascinated.

Time to get a hobby.

(That sounds like hard work, I'm still recovering - fourth lot of antibiotics in three months, fat as a pig and all I do is sleep and work, and eat. might leave it for a bit:blush:)
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't admit publically to watching BB do you? I learnt not to do that about a decade ago :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always seem to be at odds with the public favourites these days.

Jim Davidson. Helen Wood. Katie Hopkins.

It is frustrating because when I come to a forum such as this one it is with the certainty that most people will disagree with my opinion and I wish this were not the case.

I'm not ashamed. Just frustrated.

I'm happy to disagree, but angry and rude over a game show is nuts. But it's ramped up by the producers and we all fall into the trap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha Mrs T you are a star on every thread you tread. I mean that :D

I'm best when I've had one too many :D, Hey you're a wicked poster on here

I once got a question answered off Kemal, I am still in awe years after
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My arse could flounce itself out of the room and me still be in it. It can't be arsed though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if I'm even entertained much, just oddly, sickly fascinated.

Time to get a hobby.

(That sounds like hard work, I'm still recovering - fourth lot of antibiotics in three months, fat as a pig and all I do is sleep and work, and eat. might leave it for a bit:blush:)

You take care, miss the banter . X