The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    They ARE in a way. What they're doing is getting more hits on their site. Hits bring advertisers who pay good money.

Ah - OK.

But you could argue that if the poll shows them how popular Jedward are, next time they decide to write about them to get hits, they might write something more positive.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no1clothes wrote: »
    Ah - OK.

But you could argue that if the poll shows them how popular Jedward are, next time they decide to write about them to get hits, they might write something more positive.

Come that glorious day. :)

Btw I don't see a poll on The Sentinel.
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop Press: The Count has mentioned The Sentinel has responded because they're running a marketing campaign and I see how it is now. :rolleyes:

They want hits on their site and slagging of Jedward will do it. Same with Joe.ie. I've stopped commenting on his pathetic page.

This is how the media works.

The twins get mentioned good/bad if they bring traffic to the sites they are mentioned in or sales of the publication they are in. We diligently leave comments/buy it to leave evidence of such traffic/interest so they will write about the twins again good/bad doesn't really matter.
    The only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being talked about.

Every bad article is an opportunity to leave comments/more traffic or email resulting in possible follow up articles being written/more traffic.
    Proof that Jedward generate traffic is always of interest to advertisers.
    The twins like doing commercials, good money, short hours, loads of exposure.
    We can play them at their own game, everybody wins. Except maybe Declan who is gonna end up looking like the humourless dweeb he probably is, unless he's on a bonus based on website hits and email complaints.
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come that glorious day. :)

Btw I don't see a poll on The Sentinel.

It is a separate link at the bottom of page the article is on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River tam - I agree with u. The media is fascinated with j and e because they can't work them out.

The twins are on the exclusives tomorrow I hope they get painted in a good light.

It's the way for the world the media uses popular singers or celebs by either writing stuff and then to boost adverting revenue for their sites. I think how much a site hits for adverting depending on how many hits a day, week or year it's gets similar tv ads in between tv the higher ratings the tv show gets the higher the adverts are
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    It is a separate link at the bottom of page the article is on.

You make good points about good or bad stories still means they're being discussed. I can't get into the poll due to "Voting temporarily closed for your remote address." It is delayed and I can't even see results.

Okay. Now I have seen the results. Probably the busiest day the site has had for a long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Floh - the media should.learn not to get on the wrong side of a godhead because we will get angry and turn green and into the incredible godhead hulk lol

The Finland flashmob is so cute with their hearts like at the concert in Finland
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry my hand slipped previous post should say jedheads
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    River tam - I agree with u. The media is fascinated with j and e because they can't work them out.

The twins are on the exclusives tomorrow I hope they get painted in a good light.

It's the way for the world the media uses popular singers or celebs by either writing stuff and then to boost adverting revenue for their sites. I think how much a site hits for adverting depending on how many hits a day, week or year it's gets similar tv ads in between tv the higher ratings the tv show gets the higher the adverts are

I'm looking forward to seeing them on 'The Exclusives'. I've been watching it from the beginning of the series and I think it's great. However, I really don't like Stuart who the twins are paired up with in tomorrow's episode. He seems really self-absorbed, and in the preview it looks as if he dislikes John and Edward. They also seem really hyper in the preview! I just hope they are portrayed well.
  • metal boxmetal box Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a good catch up (so much to read!) and i think i might be in the minority with Young Love. I love the chorus...and the bit before it (sorry not sure what the technical term is for it lol) but the verses themselves seem to go on a bit too long. Dont get me wrong, i think the song as a whole sounds great, and J&E do sound amazing, but im just worried its not instantly catchy enough for the average listener. The chorus obviously is - you only have to look at the youtube figures to see that... but if i turn my 'jedward fan' ears off the inbetween bits do sound a bit dull and if i was to hear it in the background, i doubt if i would pay any attention to it.

That is just my opinion though, and i would love to be wrong and for it to storm the charts!! I'll be downloading anyway :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zm90 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing them on 'The Exclusives'. I've been watching it from the beginning of the series and I think it's great. However, I really don't like Stuart who the twins are paired up with in tomorrow's episode. He seems really self-absorbed, and in the preview it looks as if he dislikes John and Edward. They also seem really hyper in the preview! I just hope they are portrayed well.
    What's this show about?

Metal box I know what you mean, maybe the song is a bit boring for the non fans, but also it has a more "universal appeal" if we can call it like that, it's less of a marmite song so maybe it's not a hit in the charts (it surely won't as its release is digital only) but it may help them to gain some respect and new fans. Let's cross our fingers ;)

I kinda see why they are doing this. All their previous singles have been all up-tempo songs and they know what to expect about a similar song. This time they're trying something new. Maybe it's a success, maybe a flop, but they'll get an idea of what the public wants to hear.

I can't access my data right now but I think "Wow oh wow", that it was also released as a digital only single, didn't chart well even in Ireland. I'm not expecting the same with Young Love as it's the first single of the new album that it's not released yet, but it could be a bit more like Waterline that didn't reach the #1 but did fairly well.
    My prediction is that Young Love single will chart around #10 in Ireland if the fans don't wait for the album to come out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they had To go with young love to promote the album because it's the same name. I love pov, happens in the dark all of what I've heard so far. This album is so good and deserves to chart well. I hope signings everywhere have been arranged because in the uk they will not get AirPlay the songs are great but just because it's Jedward. I really think it's a great sounding album I also love what's your name what's your numbers. What the he'll is universal Ireland playing at.

As for them people who send.they are just going to get it from YouTube and not download it and wait for the album I have no words yes I do why j ane e need u now think of what they do for all godhead 100 times more than any other singer or celeb does. People need to remember that this is j and e last album on their current deal so it needs to do well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone download j ane single and album music is their first love
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More Eurovision votings revealed. Belgium's Jury liked Waterline: 6 points in the semi and 5 in the final: http://escxtra.com/2012/06/jury-votes-presented/
    Forum Member
    What's this show about?

Metal box I know what you mean, maybe the song is a bit boring for the non fans, but also it has a more "universal appeal" if we can call it like that, it's less of a marmite song so maybe it's not a hit in the charts (it surely won't as its release is digital only) but it may help them to gain some respect and new fans. Let's cross our fingers ;)

I kinda see why they are doing this. All their previous singles have been all up-tempo songs and they know what to expect about a similar song. This time they're trying something new. Maybe it's a success, maybe a flop, but they'll get an idea of what the public wants to hear.

I can't access my data right now but I think "Wow oh wow", that it was also released as a digital only single, didn't chart well even in Ireland. I'm not expecting the same with Young Love as it's the first single of the new album that it's not released yet, but it could be a bit more like Waterline that didn't reach the #1 but did fairly well.
    My prediction is that Young Love single will chart around #10 in Ireland if the fans don't wait for the album to come out.

It's a show where six aspiring journalists are given different tasks and at the end one will be hired. A bit like 'The Apprentice' I suppose. So far they've worked for Kerrang magazine and FHM and tomorrow it's Heat magazine which features Jedward. I'm not sure what it involves but it most probably will be Stuart (the wannabe reporter) interviewing Jedward, doing a photo shoot, and then having to write it up and experts give their opinion on what he has produced. It's when John and Edward were at Madame Tussauds a few months ago if you remember? That's when they were filming for this show :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lOve it I know what u mean it might be a grower and after a few listens. Universal haven t give them much time to shoot a video like in Japan The video was fantastic but it was slightly out of sync in parts but fantastic video. I hope universal send the video to all the music station this times unlike the waterline video
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John and Edward have just tweeted to say young love video coming todAy the countdown is on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zm90 wrote: »
    It's a show where six aspiring journalists are given different tasks and at the end one will be hired. A bit like 'The Apprentice' I suppose. So far they've worked for Kerrang magazine and FHM and tomorrow it's Heat magazine which features Jedward. I'm not sure what it involves but it most probably will be Stuart (the wannabe reporter) interviewing Jedward, doing a photo shoot, and then having to write it up and experts give their opinion on what he has produced. It's when John and Edward were at Madame Tussauds a few months ago if you remember? That's when they were filming for this show :)
    Oh yeah, I remember. Thank you! :)

They just tweeted:
    World Exclusive The Premiere of Jedward's Young Love Music Video! Coming Today to JedwardTv The Countdown is on!

So Disnae (I think it was her) was totally right when she mentioned yesterday that the lack of tweets would be because of them recording the Young Love video. I wasn't expecting it this soon
    Forum Member

They just tweeted:
    World Exclusive The Premiere of Jedward's Young Love Music Video! Coming Today to JedwardTv The Countdown is on!

So Disnae (I think it was her) was totally right when she mentioned yesterday that the lack of tweets would be because of them recording the Young Love video. I wasn't expecting it this soon

So exciting! They kept that one quiet!:D I hope it's of high quality :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do u think it was shot in the studio where they posted those Facebook pics from they looked stunning it that. That might be what they wore in the video
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do u think it was shot in the studio where they posted those Facebook pics from they looked stunning it that. That might be what they wore in the video
    I don't know but I can't wait to watch the finished result. They've had so little time these days I'm curious if they're recorded it all the last couple of days of they have recorded bits somewhere else before
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait oh yeah
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member

They just tweeted:

I think i did say something yesterday about they might be making a video and I'm really pleased to hear that there is actually a video ready in time for the single release. I was thinking earlier about how hard it is for the twins to chart in Uk with just negligible airplay . If the twins do one of their chat sessions we will need to try to get the video onto youtubes most viewed/talked about and hopefully it'll go viral like the sample did and people outside the fanbase will hear it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disnae - I agree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the leslie kee special edition magazines look amazing. i have just sent an e mail asking how much it is and how can we order it?

one of the covers looks lovely half naked john i think

@jedwardgenius re-tweeted leslie kee tweet so look their is a pic too
This discussion has been closed.