Options

Hollyoaks - Newt & Anita

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Tonight's Channel 4 Hollyoaks saw Newt & Anita sharing a kiss.

What do you think of them as a couple?

Personally, I think they would be really good together, I think Anita will be alot better for Newt than Lauren.

Thoughts? :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like Newt & Anita they look so cute
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    They looked really sweet together. I think Anita will be a good influence on Newt.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like them as a couple. I don't like Anita - she annoys me
  • Options
    KiskinKiskin Posts: 6,280
    Forum Member
    I like them together! they are both really sweet and shy, I think it works :) but he'll eventually get back together with Lauren I think. I used to like Lauren but now i just don't!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I LOVE THEM!!
    I hate Newt & Lauren together so Anita is amazing :)
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    ian2439 wrote: »
    i like Newt & Anita they look so cute

It's very hard to forget Anita's about 26 in real life! lol :D
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »

Is she that old? :eek:
  • Options
    FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    No freaking way! I thought she'd be around 19/20 in real life. Newt's better of with Anita tbh, she doesn't force him into uncomfrotable situations and lets him be his own person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Is she that old? :eek:

Honest. Though I can't remember where I saw it, I definitely remember seeing somewhere not long after she arrived, that she's actually 26 in real life. It's the sort of thing you remember about someone playing a 16 year old! lol

She's clearly not a teenager, she has an older face. When I first saw her I thought she was about 24, cos she looks it.

In fact to me she looks older than Jess Fox - Nancy - whose 25.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    At least Nancy plays an adult at 25, so it's not that bad but for an adult to play a kid is kinda weird.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At least Nancy plays an adult at 25, so it's not that bad but for an adult to play a kid is kinda weird.

Well .... Nancy's 19, Jessica's 25.

I remember being surprised last year to read that Jess was 24, but then, 18 year old JP was played by 24 year old James and 19 year old Craig was played by 24 year old Guy.

It's rare for a 19 year old to be played by a 19 year old in HO or for someone to play someone their own age! :)

But yes, for a teenage schoolgirl to be played by someone 10 years older than that age, is an odd choice of casting, specially as to me she does LOOK in her early to mid 20's and I thought that when I first saw her.

She certainly looks years older than Leila who is supposed to be about 2 years older than her.
  • Options
    FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Well .... Nancy's 19, Jessica's 25.

I remember being surprised last year to read that Jess was 24, but then, 18 year old JP was played by 24 year old James and 19 year old Craig was played by 24 year old Guy.

It's rare for a 19 year old to be played by a 19 year old in HO or for someone to play someone their own age! :)

But yes, for a teenage schoolgirl to be played by someone 10 years older than that age, is an odd choice of casting, specially as to me she does LOOK in her early to mid 20's and I thought that when I first saw her.

She certainly looks years older than Leila who is supposed to be about 2 years older than her.
    Although can't it depend also on how a person's dressed, like when Anita's dressed casually she looks the age she's playing- to me anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They usually pick older people to play teens.

I like Anita and I like her and Newt. I think they'd make a kindred type of couple. There's more realism there than Newt and Lauren, who lately as turned nasty. But Anita needs to find her own way and stop kowtowing to Theresa's man-trap methods because Anita's stye is what will win Newt. She needs to stop listening to Theresa. So yes, I hope they hit it off. They're defintiely deep, soulful types.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would never have guessed she was 26. She looks much younger. Then again, the "girl" that played the Moaning Myrtle ghost in the Harry Potter films was about 38 when she did that part!
  • Options
    Auds77Auds77 Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Anita and Newt could be sweet but have the feeling the story might be more about Lauren's anger and possibly revenge rather than Anita and Newt's relationship.

Also on the age thing
    Nicole Barber Lane who plays Myra is only 7 years older than Claire Cooper (Jacqui)
  • Options
    soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG :eek:
    i would have thought she's about 18 !

i really like newt and anita as a couple, they're both sweet people and suit well.
  • Options
    soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wulfrun wrote: »
    I would never have guessed she was 26. She looks much younger. Then again, the "girl" that played the Moaning Myrtle ghost in the Harry Potter films was about 38 when she did that part!

gosh !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Auds77 wrote: »
    I think Anita and Newt could be sweet but have the feeling the story might be more about Lauren's anger and possibly revenge rather than Anita and Newt's relationship.

Also on the age thing
    Nicole Barber Lane who plays Myra is only 7 years older than Claire Cooper (Jacqui)

It's not that shocking with Nicole. After all, Myra started getting pregnant when she was only 13! lol :D

In Corrie, Sue Nicholls (Audrey) is only 7 years older than Helen Worth (Gail). Though Audrey had Gail when she was 18
    That's been a famous one down the years! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they bore me to death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wulfrun wrote: »
    They usually pick older people to play teens.

I like Anita and I like her and Newt. I think they'd make a kindred type of couple. There's more realism there than Newt and Lauren, who lately as turned nasty. But Anita needs to find her own way and stop kowtowing to Theresa's man-trap methods because Anita's stye is what will win Newt. She needs to stop listening to Theresa. So yes, I hope they hit it off. They're defintiely deep, soulful types.

True. But usually an 18 year old might be played by someone about 5 years older. This woman is nearer 30 than her teens! lol :D