Options

Will The X Factor maintain a Monopoly on the #1 spot until Christmas?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So the last 4 number 1s have been...

- Alexandra
- Cheryl
- Cheryl
- JLS

No. 5 is set to be Leona with a slight chance of BEP stealing the top spot at the last minute... either way, it's all been determined by The X Factor, and let's not forget the charity single they're releasing this week (which could stay there for a number of weeks). After that, there might just be one or two that The X Factor might determine in some form or other, then there's the guaranteed Christmas number 1 of course.

Nevermind just the Christmas number 1, it's pretty much taking the fun out of the charts full stop... maybe soon it'll be all year round :eek:

Make it stop...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you could all try downloading "Chartjackers" - my personal mission of the day. Would be nice to see the hard work of those lot come to something.

They do not have the publicity machine going for them on National TV but its all for CIN and they got a lot of people to donate their time/resources to make sure all money goes to the charity.

See, for me, that is a worthwhile song to buy if you really don't want another X Factor no 1 - but it won't happen because its word of mouth and internet only getting that song around.

Having said that, GOSH will benefit from the X Factor charity single, so its all good.
  • Options
    kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leaby wrote: »
    So the last 4 number 1s have been...

- Alexandra
    - Cheryl
    - Cheryl
    - JLS

No. 5 is set to be Leona with a slight chance of BEP stealing the top spot at the last minute... either way, it's all been determined by The X Factor, and let's not forget the charity single they're releasing this week (which could stay there for a number of weeks). After that, there might just be one or two that The X Factor might determine in some form or other, then there's the guaranteed Christmas number 1 of course.

Nevermind just the Christmas number 1, it's pretty much taking the fun out of the charts full stop... maybe soon it'll be all year round :eek:

Make it stop...

I have to admit to not taking much notice of the charts, but this kind of domination is probably covered by the Office of Fair Trading's Competition Laws! Not healthy and I am sick of having this bland pop shoved down our throats.:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problems with any of these acts being number 1. They promoted their songs well and chose a show which is seen by over 10 million people. There is no surprise that any of them got to number 1!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problems with any of these acts being number 1. They promoted their songs well and chose a show which is seen by over 10 million people. There is no surprise that any of them got to number 1!

I know, it's just that the slightly more idealistic side of me wishes that quality would count for something :cry:

Do love JLS's new one, but I Torrented it...