✭✭✭
    Maria Lawson
    Ruth Lorenzo
    Lucie Jones
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The twins exit was terrible for me! I felt as if I had got to know them so well over the weeks, and they had been so brilliant and entertaining - something I looked forward to every single week!

As I live abroad - I had to wake up in the morning - and google search - and when I saw the headlines 'Jedward get the boot from X-factor' and so on, I was utterly heartbroken! When later watching the youtube videos of the night - I thought that they showcased their sincerity and true graciousness in the face of defeat. When they came up against Olly, it seemed imminent that they were going to leave, I believe they made the right choice in picking the song they did for the sing off. It may have been off key, out of time, whatever... but what truely mattered was the complete emotional significance of the song, and that they performed in such a genuine and heartfelt way. It really felt as if they were finally addressing those who had attacked and hated them over the weeks, and it also displayed their closeness as brothers and best friends.
    The crowd however, of course, could not even give them this last moment, and show any respect - and John and Edward once again had to put up with the awful booing and from the mob. They also faced further humiliation in the form of Dannii Minogue's bitter criticism... as she dragged out the vote until the last minute - relishing every moment as she held the power to finally get what she wanted and 'questioned' 'Is this is a singing competition?' 'I am just asking...'
    After facing all of this, I think that the way they acted after and during being voted out, was truly a testament to what wonderful boys they are. They acted with maturity, and were all smiles and thank you's, even after the appalling way that they had been treated - declaring that this was the best thing that had ever happened to them - it was deadly! :)

x
  • Options
    TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    I perhaps wouldn't go so far as to say 'upset', but I was certainly most disappointed when John & Edward were voted off. The show kinda lost its appeal after that, and I didn't bother tuning in again until the final.

And, Joe & George Michael duet aside, that wasn't worth watching either...

Still no clue what on earth possessed the judging panel to make that decision, but I guess it's only a TV show.

Regards,

Cypher
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only time i have ever cryed watching X factor was when Lloyd left. I cryed when it was announced,then cryed some more when he sang 'a million love songs' again(it was my fave of the series) then i didn't sleep for a few nights and then cryed in the semi-finals when i relised he really wasn't gonna be there.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year I was annoyed that the judges saved moody Rachel over Austin and I was disappointed that Ruth came fifth and Eggnog got to the final. :(

This year I was upset about Miss Frank going out instead of Danyl as I thought they had potential. I also was quite irritated about Jedward leaving. It wouldn't have annoyed me so much if Dannii hadn't done her "Is it a singing competition?" thing. :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Ruth went last year- thought she was very overlooked throughout the whole series. And I was gutted when Stacey came 3rd this year :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year when Austin went:(
    I knew he wouldn't have won, but Week 4 was tooo early - and less talented people were still in the competition which was really annoying.
  • Options
    rufusrufusrufusrufus Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danyl, his version of MITM was fantastic
  • Options
    pinna65pinna65 Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    John and Edward for me....
  • Options
    steg1988steg1988 Posts: 8,689
    Forum Member
    Maria's did definitely. Was also very annoyed by Brenda's and to a certain extent Rachel Adedeji's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8GKEAVkw70

Not upset, just disappointed that sometimes, real talent goes home and popular dross remains.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura White and Ruth Lorenzo last year - loved them both. Was doubly awful when they were both in the bottom 2 together :(

Stacey this year (although she'd got to the final and done so well, I think that's why I was so gutted - she sang her heart out in the final and deserved 2nd place at least)

Lucie this year. Never been in the bottom 2, did whatever Simon asked of her (be herself, be more emotional etc etc etc) and still came in for criticism from him every week.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Austin, best male voice on the Xfactor ever in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8GKEAVkw70

Not upset, just disappointed that sometimes, real talent goes home and popular dross remains.

I loved Ruth - amazing and so passionate singing anything! Got a bit sad watching that - but laughed when I saw Dannii going mental when Ruth really went for it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Nixon from pop idol 2. :(
    Then Ruth. Not because she was my favourite but because the song she sang ("Always") is very emotional and reminded me of when Sam was eliminated :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Well, there's been quite a few times for me...

The first time I got quite upset was when Maria went out in series 2, although I didn't really tune in to series 2 that much I'd seen some of her performances and they were fantastic, much better than the dreadful Conway Sisters, I couldn't believe it when Louis saved them!

The second time was when Laura went in series 5, she was my favourite, and what was worse was that she was in the bottom two with Ruth who wasn't my favourite but was equally fantastic. I was actually gutted, I cried.

Then in series 6 when Danyl was up against Miss Frank, I really liked both of them but I thought the right act went home though because imo Danyl slaughtered them in the sing off, however i was still absolutely gutted they went because they were fantastic and had so much potential.

Finally, in the semi final when Danyl left, it wasn't a shock to me because i knew it was gonna be between him and olly, but i was annoyed because i thought he did better than olly on saturday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angurdaval wrote: »
    Sam Nixon from pop idol 2. :(
    Then Ruth. Not because she was my favourite but because the song she sang ("Always") is very emotional and reminded me of when Sam was eliminated :(

I loved Sam Nixon too! Me and my sister were obsessed with him. Such a lovely guy, I remember when he sang Maggie May, loved it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I loved Sam Nixon too! Me and my sister were obsessed with him. Such a lovely guy, I remember when he sang Maggie May, loved it!

That pop idol was the first reality tv thing I ever watched and Sam was my first ever celebrity crush :D(I was about 9 at the time). But Im glad he has a good career now presenting kids TV with Mark
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was sad to hear J&E had left.

I hadn't watched The X Factor apart from their performances. I was convinced the week the fell bottom 2 with Lucie they were gone, so then I was overjoyed they'd stayed.

The week they did leave, I found out purely because I could hear my Mum cheering from where she was watching downstairs (I was upstairs, not watching.) I refused to believe it, until the breaking news came across DS. Then I was just gutted. That was the last time I paid attention to TXF.

Now though, I'm pretty much over it. Would I have liked them to stay in longer? Of course. But I knew their luck had to run out eventually. It was so much fun whilst it lasted. Plus, it's not like they were forgotten easily. :D
  • Options
    mamamiamamamia Posts: 2,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never get 'upset' over it but was peed when Danyl went,for me the XFactor was over then.
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria in series 2 leaving to the God awful Conway Sisters. I don't have a clue what Louis was thinking; it was later proven to be fixed in their favor.
    When Ben Mills lost out to Ray in series 3. I loved Ben and he deserved to be in that final with Leona; both of them where head and foot over everyone else that year. How Ray got so far still baffles me.
    Though its not really a vote off Rhydian's loss still jars...
    Austin had alot of potential but Cowell was insistant on keeping in Rachel because she was so called "proof," that lives can change. She never improved or changed and struck me as a rather disgusting person.
    Diana losing out to Eoghan. Joke beyond all jokes.
    And finally...
    Lucie losing out to Jedward. I'm blaming Cowell for that, the damned hypocrite. She had potential to go furthur than she did and ultimately did not deserve to go out over those two... lets face it rubbish singers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    john and edward...but i knew they were gonna go that week so i wasn't that sad....
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamie Archer's. It's not that I was angry about it, I expected him to go and in someways I was happy that he was out because I felt that the song was wrong for him. I just really liked him as a contestant so I was really sad to see him go.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cried when the twins were voted off. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Journey south, Rachel [because Lloyd should have left] and Miss Frank went too soon.