Has anyone here got any claims to fame?

Comments

• samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in a couple of Ruth Rendell's when I was a baby.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artytarty wrote: »
    Jim carter! aka Carson from Downton let the door swing in my daughters face in a coffee shop this morning! Rude.

Carson wouldn't stand for that :o

This year I gave directions to Matthew Kelly (who is so nice), said hello to Robert Peston, and shared a taxi with Rory Bremner. Living the high life!
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    I've come across a few rugby players, Gavin Henson (very orange), Gareth Thomas (lovely) etc...but so have most people.

I'd like to 'come across' Gareth Thomas :blush:

He's from my neck of the woods and we're in the same, ahem, 'club'. One of my work colleagues who is also a not far away neighbour went to school with him, and she says 'everyone knew' ^_^ Her son trains with him in the gym sometimes.

Also at work we had a director of my department who was the uncle of Rhydian from the X-Factor (and, being paid a director's wage, found the time one day to go putting up 'vote Rhydian' posters everywhere). After he left his daughter ie Rhydian's cousin came and worked there for a few years.

Oh, and just in case my claims weren't flimsy enough, one of my colleagues mentioned in passing the other day that they had a summer fling in their youth with the actor who later played the vicar on Keeping Up Appearances :cool:, and in the more recent past she also had a family friend lodging with her who went on to win a Mr Gay UK :kitty:
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to 'come across' Gareth Thomas :blush:

He's from my neck of the woods and we're in the same, ahem, 'club'. One of my work colleagues who is also a not far away neighbour went to school with him, and she says 'everyone knew' ^_^ Her son trains with him in the gym sometimes.

Also at work we had a director of my department who was the uncle of Rhydian from the X-Factor (and, being paid a director's wage, found the time one day to go putting up 'vote Rhydian' posters everywhere). After he left his daughter ie Rhydian's cousin came and worked there for a few years.

Oh, and just in case my claims weren't flimsy enough, one of my colleagues mentioned in passing the other day that they had a summer fling in their youth with the actor who later played the vicar on Keeping Up Appearances :cool:, and in the more recent past she also had a family friend lodging with her who went on to win a Mr Gay UK :kitty:

Same neck of the woods as me, and yes, we all "knew" way before it was announced in the newspapers. I was shocked to see it in the newspapers as I presumed that everyone "knew" already;-) Nice guy, haven't met anyone with a bad word to say about him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a beard. I was in a lift with Jeremy Paxman before he grew his beard. He didn't say anything, but at one point he looked at me and I swear a lightbulb appeared above his head.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my papa was a rolling stone
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the son of Hickory Holler's tramp.
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    cazzz wrote: »
    Same neck of the woods as me, and yes, we all "knew" way before it was announced in the newspapers. I was shocked to see it in the newspapers as I presumed that everyone "knew" already;-) Nice guy, haven't met anyone with a bad word to say about him.

He was the one outing who did not ping my gaydar. I was quite shocked when I heard:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My bucket's got a hole in it.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artytarty wrote: »
    Jim carter! aka Carson from Downton let the door swing in my daughters face in a coffee shop this morning! Rude.

Costa on West End Lane by any chance?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was Kaiser Bill's Batman.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    deleted
    Forum Member
    Sir Howard Davies (currently in the news for heading the airports inquiry) was in my class at school. He hadn't been knighted at the time of course...

And I used to work with Natasha Kaplinsky's dad at Sussex University.

Er, that's about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stood just behind Arthur Pendragon at Stonehenge last night.
    Awesome.
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember MN8? I wrote a poem to them when they appeared on a show, and put my phone number on it, and after the show they called me and we had a chat, and the following week Dee Tails said hi to me when they were on another show.

Also not a claim to frame but when I volunteered at Lords for the cricket, Jude Law was standing behind me, but I didn't see him, but saw Shane Warne(very orange) Dickie Bird, and had a little chat with Jennie Bond.
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a lot of tweets from famous people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I met Tim Henman in 2008. I also physically saw John Terry in 2008 aswell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've signed up for a one-way ticket to Mars in 2018.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Me and my family were picked by Capital FM to officially begin their 'Jingle Bell Ball Prize' competition back in 2011 and we got to go on stage at the Jingle Bell Ball(:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it counts as a claim to fame but if it isn't it's at least a cool story :D

I went to Nashville recently and during my trip I got an opportunity (through a guy I know) to sing backing vocals at a benefit concert being held for a crew member of the ABC show "Nashville". A few of the cast members of the show performed on the stage but the guy I sang harmonies for I happened to know through the Nashville Songwriters' Association (he knew the producer of the show and it was originally his gig).

So we had a couple of sets and the Nashville cast members had their sets between ours. I am a huge fan of the show so it was a really cool opportunity!

One of them invited me for drinks afterwards and a few days later I saw them filming downtown and they invited me inside to be an extra in the next scene they were doing :)

It was definitely one of those pinch myself things!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was once on a Channel 4 short show called The Slot about Racism in 2001.
    Forum Member
    The shop we used to have in Brighton was once featured on the BBC World Service Indonesian section, with my partner being interviewed. (We sold handicrafts from the Far East.)

And an amateur 8mm film I made in Manchester in the 1970s was acquired by the North West Film Archive after they saw it on YouTube.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a tattoo of Keith Lemon. I won't tell you where.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    My friend got through to the live shows of the X Factor last year

My other friend got through to the live shows of Britain's got Talent. I think it was last year, but could have been two years ago.

Three of my friends have been on Got to Dance on Sky 1, and one of them actually won the competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be getting on for nearly forty years now since I sold Bob Monkhouse an apple, and he called me darling.