Options

MSN Plus - safe/unsafe?

Hey I have got a new laptop which is running on the Vista system however a friend of mine said MSN Plus mucked up her (vista) computer so I'm a bit unsure whether to download it again or not as I previously had a XP laptop and didn't have any issues with MSN Plus. Does anyone know if it is a safe program to download?
Thanks.:)

Comments

• Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The program I believe she's referring to is "Messenger Plus! Live", a 3rd party add-on which
    adds a few extra features to WLM. As I recall (it's sometime since I last used it) the installer
    offers optional bundled sponsor software or ad-ware, which can be easily deselected.

As far as I'm aware, the program has never contained anything harmful, so I'd imagine your
    friend may have installed a similarly named add-on masquerading as Messenger Plus! Live.
  • Options
    Ross1874Ross1874 Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used Messenger Plus for a few years now and never had any problems with it on XP. As the poster above has stated maybe your friend has downloaded harmful software disguising itself as Messenger Plus.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Ok thank you both for replies I did download it and deselected the relevant boxes. :)