Options

RIDICULOUS! John and Edward MUST leave next week!

Comments

• Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getting ridicuous now :mad: at the expense of good acts
  • Options
    _Kazama_TTT_Kazama_TTT Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I suspect certain factions of the public will keep voting them through for their own reasons, which I don't even pretend to understand!!

They will vote them through because other people are voting them through as a joke and it's the cool thing to do right now. I refuse to believe people have such bad taste in music and entertainment. They are not funny or talented so what else can it be, except a bizarre bandwagon effect?
  • Options
    deb813deb813 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Yeah its weird, its almost becoming cool to like and vote for this "hilarious" duo.

Saying that my niece is 13 and she has some taste. She loves Olly to bits :D
  • Options
    feistyfeisty Posts: 2,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Blonde wrote: »
    This week I voted 58 times for John and Edward...next week I'm doubling it...

This must be one of the "saddest" posts I have ever read....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG......This is ridiculous now....this is not Britain's got talent and an entertainment show, this is a singing contest where they will mostly be heard on the radio and John & Edward cannot sing.....they are now putting decent people out of the competition......

What show are you watching? The X-Factor is totally an entertainment show. The day it gets a bit of a credibility is the day it has an established track record of producing musical acts who stand the test of time. Leona and, to a lesser extent, Alexandra may have that potential, but Steve, Shane, Leon certainly didn't.

Meanwhile, the entertainment side of things (ie. the TV show) goes from strength to strength in the ratings.

So, long may Jedward continue. No, it'll do the show no favours (or them, really) should they win the thing. But they won't. And in the meantime, they're only flattening mediocre competition who had no chance of winning either.

It's a duff year talent-wise for the show, so Jedward at least provide some laughs. Their performance in the diva week was the funniest thing I've seen in ages, and I'm looking forward to them next week (when they'll be freed from the constraints of the Big Band theme).
  • Options
    orchoverorchover Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah John and Edward need to win. The look on Cowell's face would be priceless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate some of you find them entertaining or whatever but this is supposed to be a singing contest.
    They are completely tone deaf.

Thankyou to the people who agree with me. This isn't BGT. It's not fair that decent people have to leave when these two sail through.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't voted for them yet, though I keep meaning to. I will add to the ranks next week! They're sweethearts and they're funny, and our esteemed female judges prove you need no singing talent at all to be a popstar - so chill out :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loverach wrote: »
    OP who are you voting for?

Bit of an Olly fan.. Joe aswell. :D
  • Options
    Dub1Dub1 Posts: 5,959
    Forum Member
    feisty wrote: »

He`s taking the pis.s.:D
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member

Why though? WHY?

You always vote odd in game shows!!!!
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

agreed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member

has the world gone MAD! :eek: J&E have nothing going for them apart from the lunatics that are voting for them so get a life and vote for some one who has got talent

BLONDE????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PiperPeach wrote: »
    Bit of an Olly fan.. Joe aswell. :D

oh that's fine. I like them two as well but having read the rumours about the bottom 2 this afternoon (about Olly) I was thinking I only have myself to blame for not voting for him if he would have actually been in the bottom 2. (Un)fortunately, whichever way you like to look at it, people are voting for John and Edward, we're not sure who or even how many but we know one thing for sure, they got more votes than Danyl and Miss Frank ... but they could have come 8th with the public, it's just as likely as any of the other acts who were automatically safe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably a waste of about 20 odd quid?
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well considering that going in to next week Danyl is the least favourite with the public, it really should be him leaving, not the twins who have consistently been popular.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    They are sweethearts? Omg people on her really do need to get a life! They look camper than Boy George!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    Its alright voting for them but other than buying one novelty / charity record you would 'nt buy their records as a serious part of your collection so why keep them in over better talent who might just make a serious part of your record collection.

I also agree with Louis about the grief these kids are getting, but its his fault becuase he should never have put them through in the first place.

Firstly it's an entertainment show so it makes sense to keep the genuinely entertaining acts like the twins in.

And secondly only Leona has come close to making a serious part of a record collection because she was super talented, if it was really about the music and not about making a quick buck, the judge's wouldn't be the stars of the show, the judge's wouldn't outsell the winners, the performers would be singing their own tunes and maybe even playing instruments.

It's an entertainment show and it seems the public don't find smug Danyl entertaining anymore so they wanted rid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are sweethearts? Omg people on her really do need to get a life! They look camper than Boy George!

Like slagging off 18 year old boys for being more popular than your favourite act on a TV show?

Whats that saying about people in glass houses throwing stones?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I'm amazed how many people still believe this is a serious show. No genuinely talented musician would risk damaging their credibility by going anywhere near the X Factor. It's the perfect place for novelty acts like John and Edward and that's why so many people vote for them.
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I utterly adore them :D

I don't vote but i don't see how they are any worse than Chico and Same Difference and look how far they got and i don't remember them getting that bad a time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't like your phone bill..:D
  • Options
    chazneechaznee Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Look how much publicity SCD got when John Sergeant was voted in week after week.

It's all good for the viewing figures if they stay in, and when it comes to the point where they are endangering the real contenders I'm sure their time will be up..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    I would strongly suggest that people who are voting for these two idiots, put the money into a charity box for good causes, then it will go to something good.

They are turning this show for TALENT, into a total farce, as they don't have any talent, l hope and pray they don't go the final.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Why are John and Edward always given as an example when Lloyd is even worse than them.