Options

Last night was one of the biggest laughs I've had from TV this year

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Like a lot of people, when it was announced that J&E and Lucie were in the bottom two, I thought it would be the twins gone, and sighed at how boring the series would be now. Then I saw the look on Simon's face when it came round to placing his vote...

'Holy shit, he's going to put it to deadlock... he ****ing has... The smell of controversy and outrage is already filling the air...'

'COME ON JOHN AND EDWARD!'

Dermot: 'The name of the act going home tonight... Lucie'

The reaction was wonderful and the subsequent aftermath was/is hilarious. It's as though the whole nation has been trolled :D It's a shame it had to be at Lucie's expense and my heart did reach out to her when she obviously realised that she was just a pawn in a large scale version of Wizards' Chess... but the sooner she's freed of that bullshit the better anyway.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more, the whole reaction over this is just hilarious.
    I cant believe that people are still so dumb to believe the bullshit that this is a singing contest.
    The show only exists for one purpose and that is to make Simon Cowell as much money as possible.
    Enjoy the show for what it is, it's just a pantomime, with as usual a cast of heroes, villains and comedy, to think it's anything else is just laughable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree totally.

Its just one long pantomime leading us up to Christmas! And its so much fun.

However, I reserve the right to be shocked/outraged/complain/moan et al when one of my favourites goes home, and to blame anyone and everyone. Otherwise, whats the point of being here?

Is that ok OP? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    I agree totally.

Its just one long pantomime leading us up to Christmas! And its so much fun.

However, I reserve the right to be shocked/outraged/complain/moan et al when one of my favourites goes home, and to blame anyone and everyone. Otherwise, whats the point of being here?

Is that ok OP? :D

You took the words out of my mouth! Otherwise we would have to do work when at the office/type out essays or coursework. Moaning about the X Factor is so much fun! As is winding up the die hard fans who are convinced that their act is treated unfairly due to the big Cowell conspiracy!
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most sensible and realistic thread I've read this year, and I agree with all the above wholeheartedly :D
  • Options
    xenosysxenosys Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well put. There was a sense of inevitability about Simon's decision as soon as he started mumbling incoherently, stroking his cheek and staring at the roof aimlessly as if agonizing over his decision.

For the television audience wanting to be entertained, voting to send out J&E without a minute's thought would be about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Agree with everything you said OP, except the bit where you said your heart went out to Lucie, mine didn't. I don't feel sorry for any eliminatees in this game, even my faves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    xenosys wrote: »

For the television audience wanting to be entertained, voting to send out J&E without a minute's thought would be about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.

So true! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leaby wrote: »
    Like a lot of people, when it was announced that J&E and Lucie were in the bottom two, I thought it would be the twins gone, and sighed at how boring the series would be now. Then I saw the look on Simon's face when it came round to placing his vote...

'Holy shit, he's going to put it to deadlock... he ****ing has... The smell of controversy and outrage is already filling the air...'

The reaction was wonderful and the subsequent aftermath was/is hilarious. It's as though the whole nation has been trolled :D It's a shame it had to be at Lucie's expense and my heart did reach out to her when she obviously realised that she was just a pawn in a large scale version of Wizards' Chess... but the sooner she's freed of that bullshit the better anyway.

When the bottom 2 were announced, I knew instantly that Lucie was a goner (barring a titanic slip-up for Jedward in the sing-off).

I knew it would go to deadlock; you can see things coming from miles away this year, as the show is now so predictable.
  • Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the bottom 2 were announced, I knew instantly that Lucie was a goner (barring a titanic slip-up for Jedward in the sing-off).

I knew it would go to deadlock; you can see things coming from miles away this year, as the show is now so predictable.

I thought exactly the same, but I anticipated that J&E would shuffle on looking miserable and assault our ears with a painful rendition of a Backstreet Boys song. I really wasn't expecting the performance we actually got! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellef wrote: »
    I thought exactly the same, but I anticipated that J&E would shuffle on looking miserable and assault our ears with a painful rendition of a Backstreet Boys song. I really wasn't expecting the performance we actually got! :D

Kyri said before that the twins' sing-off song was 'You raise me up' - am so glad it wasn't!:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more, the whole reaction over this is just hilarious.
    I cant believe that people are still so dumb to believe the bullshit that this is a singing contest.
    The show only exists for one purpose and that is to make Simon Cowell as much money as possible.
    Enjoy the show for what it is, it's just a pantomime, with as usual a cast of heroes, villains and comedy, to think it's anything else is just laughable.

No-one believes it's a singing contest now, Simon's let the cat out of the bag, he just about got away with keeping Lloyd over Rachel as she plainly wasn't popular with the public although she had an amazing voice, but this week:eek: he went to far, now every fan of the show will know it's all about headlines, publicity money in Simon's pocket, that's not good for the show and I predict phone voting will be down, Simon knows who will win, and it's not going to be a female artist who might be competition for Leona The magics gone and most people wont care who wins anymore:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I really wasn't expecting the performance we actually got!

as has been mentioned by several, that performance was a backing track that drowned out jedward's shouting.

I agree, we all know this is a panto and not a serious singing/talent contest....problem is it is duping people who do take it deadly seriously into wasting a lot of money on voting....cowell is basically a pimp....one day everyone will realise this
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was the best 5 minutes of the series, I also felt that J & E would go and feel sorry for Lucie who must have felt confident she would stay, when he put it to the public vote I crossed my fingers and had a feeling they would stay.

All the flack after just makes it even more amusing, I felt sorry for the boys that they feel they have to appologise and could not enjoy their moment.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glorfindel wrote: »
    Kyri said before that the twins' sing-off song was 'You raise me up' - am so glad it wasn't!:p
    That was Week 2, in Week 1 John told me they would sing the Backstreet Boys song they sang in their first audition. :D

I agree, it was a great results show and very funny. Simon knew exactly what he was doing - saving his show!
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my old man was having a mental breakdown and ranting and raving and i was laffing it was the funniest moment on telly for ages. Shafted live on telly you couldnt buy entertainment like that lmaoooooooooo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    That was Week 2, in Week 1 John told me they would sing the Backstreet Boys song they sang in their first audition. :D

I agree, it was a great results show and very funny. Simon knew exactly what he was doing - saving his show!

That bloody song - it seems to be the only one they actually know!:D

Last night was truly great TV - there was shrieking, swearing and heated debate in my house afterwards!

I think the funniest part was that the twins were still in those jumpsuits - they looked vaguely like they'd come in to fix the boiler and suddenly had microphones thrust into their hands!:p
  • Options
    pinna65pinna65 Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Thought it was TV Gold!! Fantastic..

Oh and my hubby was in the kitchen and shouted.. " didn't know robbie was on the x factor again" And it was the twins!!! Thwn i looked away and just listened and wow it really did sound like Robbie!!!

Go JE!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    paralax wrote: »
    I think it was the best 5 minutes of the series, I also felt that J & E would go and feel sorry for Lucie who must have felt confident she would stay, when he put it to the public vote I crossed my fingers and had a feeling they would stay.

All the flack after just makes it even more amusing, I felt sorry for the boys that they feel they have to appologise and could not enjoy their moment.

Me too, but that's Simon's fault for constantly reminding the public that It's a "singing" contest, then for 2 weeks running he chose not to save the better singer.:mad:
    They are young lads, if they didn't know how the show really worked before, they certainly do now. Simon's probably laughing his head off now because of all the controversy, publicity even money cant buy, and yes it's all about John and Edward ......again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glorfindel wrote: »
    That bloody song - it seems to be the only one they actually know!:D

Last night was truly great TV - there was shrieking, swearing and heated debate in my house afterwards!

I think the funniest part was that the twins were still in those jumpsuits - they looked vaguely like they'd come in to fix the boiler and suddenly had microphones thrust into their hands!:p

That part made me LOL :D:D:D
    It was terrific, I had tears in my eyes, and am very glad they stayed, even though I liked Lucie.
    You took the words out of my mouth! Otherwise we would have to do work when at the office/type out essays or coursework. Moaning about the X Factor is so much fun! As is winding up the die hard fans who are convinced that their act is treated unfairly due to the big Cowell conspiracy!

Lol, yes that one gets me everytime.
    Simon Cowell doesnt do conspiracy. He just always does exactly what he wants to do. It obvious to most - and yet we will still get the "vote for john and edward to pee simon off" or the "vote for anyone who ISNT one of Simon's acts to pee Simon off" as if Simon cares who you are voting for as long as you are voting.

It is a whole lotta fun round here. :D;)
  • Options
    willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leaby wrote: »

This post has given me the biggest laugh this year. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it when they ran around the dais and leapt into the audience - they looked like mohican-sporting squirrels on speed.

Well done, Jedward!