It's not the end of the world...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It seems to me that, when it comes to shows like The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent, if you don't a) win the show and/or b) become a worldwide smash hit then it's implied that the given contestant has failed in life and might as well jump off a bridge.

But is it really THAT bad? Laura White finished where Lucie has this year and is releasing her own material - her single has charted comfortably at #32. Is that position pitiful? No, the important thing is that it's a good song and I'm sure she had a lot of fun putting the album together (if she didn't then she's not cut out to be a musician). Maria Lawson has had a couple of albums, too - just because these songs aren't receiving airplay 24/7 and aren't that well known in general, it doesn't mean that the person's life is over. I'll bet such contestants are doing just fine, and if the fans really are fans, then they get to hear more of their favourite contestants in some form or another.

We've also got another breed of X Factor 'hasbeens:' those that settle into jobs that involve performing to the public, be that on the West End (Nikki Evans, Ray Quinn) or at, God forbid, BUTLINS (Chico, Eggnog). The latter might seem like the less dignified option but they get to perform to a buzzing audience every night - isn't that what they wanted to do?

I'm sure Lucie will be just fine.

Comments

• doughnut8doughnut8 Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be the end of the world but it comes bloody close to it. I say we should all ask for our TV licence fee back and then all post ITV a bag of poop with judge this written on the bag. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It IS the end of the world, havent you been reading the forum? Jeez.....

:D:D
  • Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    I love seeing the acts at Butlin's! :)

Reckon Lucie would do well as Sophie in my favourite musical Mamma Mia....and enjoyed hearing Laura in the charts yesterday :)

Even JLS - now on their 2nd No1 - didn't win! I reckon we will hear of both Lucie and J&E in future, for different reasons :)

I'm sad to see Lucie go, but if Lloyd had been in her placve, I would have been jumping for joy, so it'd be hypocritical for me to complain. I liked the eliminated contestants quite equally, and was more shocked to see Lucie go, but was more disappointed to see Rikki go, because he lost out to someone I didn't like much, and because unlike Lucie, he won't be able to go on the tour. For me, last night was more like an even more shocking version of Danyl/Miss Frank! :)

xxxx