Gareth Gates

*Scooby**Scooby* Posts: 1,145
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just been alerted to this Tweet made by the self confessed mummy’s boy Gareth Gates:
“First night in Edinburgh went well. Home and in bed now (after waking suz to make me mash potatoe sandwiches!) mmmmm x” about 15 hours ago via Tweetie

Seriously, how old is this man? 25 years old going on 26 in a few months and he has to wake his wife up so she can get up and make him a sandwich? What is he, useless? Why can’t he make his own sandwich? How utterly unbelievable. And then to top it off one of his fans says this:
“How cute is that????? He needs his carbs to sleep easy! Bless!

Oh yes its “cute” alright, cute in the sense that he isn’t stupid having his poor wife get up out of bed to do something for him that he could easily do. Its pathetic it really is, a fully grown man who is also a father who is not only lazy but totally useless to boot.

Now watch all the Gareth fans coming spluttering in here making excuses and calling me the crazy one for having an opinion on this matter, of course we’re not meant to talk about Gareth if we’re not a fan and don’t condone his every movement.
These young men now need to give themselves a shake and start doing things for themselves for a change instead of always relying on either mummy or their partner.
And we all know that we do like to do things for our partners but to me, this just smacks of laziness on Gareth’s part. Poor Suzanne.

Comments

• alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzanne should have told him to sod off and make his own sandwich - and mashed potato:eek: For goodness sake, that sounds revolting.
  • Mel1314Mel1314 Posts: 2,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't let anyone disturb my precious sleep to get me to make them a sandwich :D And mashed potato sandwich sounds disgusting :eek:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mashed potato sandwiches??!! :eek: - that is the part which alarms me the most!! Repulsive!!
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Mashed potato sandwiches??!! :eek: - that is the part which alarms me the most!! Repulsive!!

Me too! Wouldn't the bread be all soggy? Yuk!
  • poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't he having an affair with someone he was in panto with.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mash potato, nice and fluffy, made with butter and milk and lightly fried on one side, served in warm crusty granary bread. Seriously, I'm with Gareth on this one:D
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet he tells her she doesn't make 'em like his mummy does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His mother did everything for him. I think Im raising another Gareth Gates:rolleyes:
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mash potato, nice and fluffy, made with butter and milk and lightly fried on one side, served in warm crusty granary bread. Seriously, I'm with Gareth on this one:D
    Yeah but you'd make your own, wouldn't you Prue? Please say you would - and while you're at it, make me one too, that actually sounds rather nice.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but you'd make your own, wouldn't you Prue? Please say you would - and while you're at it, make me one too, that actually sounds rather nice.:)

I would try and persuade Mr Pru to make it - but would probably give up and make it myself:eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppy10 wrote: »
    Wasn't he having an affair with someone he was in panto with.

LOL - not sure the last time Les Miserables was a panto ;) but it was alledged but not proven.
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member

My friend swears that macaroni cheese and mashed potato is a nice combination.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    My friend swears that macaroni cheese and mashed potato is a nice combination.

I'm sure it is - but I can't abide macaroni:mad:
  • wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    bunny55 wrote: »
    His mother did everything for him. I think Im raising another Gareth Gates:rolleyes:

You need to nip that in the bud right now. Just say look son, i'll buy the food, put the roof over your head, give you a bedroom but it's your responsibility to look after yourself!:cool:
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it is - but I can't abide macaroni:mad:

Is it worse than marmite? :eek:
  • squiggle1012squiggle1012 Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    Cant stand GG but isnt it just possible she told him to wake her so she could see him and wanted to make him something to eat? She just maybe wanted to see how his first night went and spend a bit of time with him......

Just a thought.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Much worse:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww i used to love Gareth years ago, i saw him and Will Young
    live once, they were both really good. As for this sandwich buisness, well more fool his missus, my oh would
    know better than to wake me from a deep sleep for a sloppy
    sandwich! and thats for sure! :mad: :D;)
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    I've always liked Gareth but if that's a serious tweet, he needs a darn good shake up. Hopefully, it's just a tongue in cheek comment but still a daft thing to say. His wife is a fair bit older than him, so if he doesn't buck his ideas up, she'll rapidly go off the idea of a younger man!
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member

How very dare you ? :)

Marmite is manna from heaven.

Sorry, I have no opinion on Gareth at this time.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And he cannot even spell "potato"!
  • AbsolutelyAbsolutely Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    And he cannot even spell "potato"!
    Wow, what a crime, how dare he not spell potato right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this thread is hilarious!
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Sometimes I think that some people find things to be annoyed at. :D
  • CHEE KYCHEE KY Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gareth is a lovely guy and very gay friendly, he'll go into the Vauxhall Griffin pub and play snooker with all the gays not knowing they'd like do more than knock his balls into a pocket.

Great lad, don't knock him too much. ;)