New Tricks Series 10

FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
Forum Member
Nick and Amanda filming on February 4th.

He looks perfect for the role just from seeing those pics, to me! :)

http://www.contactmusic.com/photo/nicholas-lyndhurst-amanda-redman-filming-for-bbc-series-new-tricks_3481898

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Highly likely to be the last series as both Amanda Redman and Alun Armstrong are leaving at the end
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Highly likely to be the last series as both Amanda Redman and Alun Armstrong are leaving at the end

They aren't 'leaving at the end'

Nick replaced Alun so he'd already left when this was being filmed. I think he did 4 episodes. (and the first two are the two-parter that start the series) Amanda is doing 8 and a series usually last 10 episodes so she won't be there for the last two.

Depending on who they replace Amanda with, it might go on. No reason for it not to. Obviously it will be a very different programme, cast wise, but if it's a strong cast - and, to me, Dennis, Denis and Nick are a strong cast ... I'd certainly be happy if it went on and I have absolutely loved New Tricks since the pilot episode 10 years ago.
  • Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope it does carry on, cast changes can be a breath of fresh air sometimes
    Forum Member
    Dean Dare wrote: »
    Hope it does carry on, cast changes can be a breath of fresh air sometimes

If you're getting tired of the original cast, it probably is. I never was, personally. :)
    I will always love the four it was written for, more than any other cast in NT, but, as I said, I like Nick and I like Denis, so to me, I'd be just as happy to watch a new version. Amanda's replacement will be an interesting one.

Course, if they do bring it to an end after this series, they won't replace her, so it'll just be the three of them for the last 2 episodes if she does just do the 8.
    Time will tell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder would Nick L. Sign up for less than one series? I am starting to hope that his presence means at least a season 11
    Forum Member
    Dean Dare wrote: »
    I wonder would Nick L. Sign up for less than one series? I am starting to hope that his presence means at least a season 11

I was actually gonna say something like that in my post!
    A psychic moment there, almost! lol

I was gonna say the length of Nick's contract will be interesting to know cos that would tell us. Cos he's in 6 episodes this series. As you say, not very long for someone like Nick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time will tell, it always does
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    They aren't 'leaving at the end'

Nick replaced Alun so he'd already left when this was being filmed. I think he did 4 episodes. (and the first two are the two-parter that start the series) Amanda is doing 8 and a series usually last 10 episodes so she won't be there for the last two.

Depending on who they replace Amanda with, it might go on. No reason for it not to. Obviously it will be a very different programme, cast wise, but if it's a strong cast - and, to me, Dennis, Denis and Nick are a strong cast ... I'd certainly be happy if it went on and I have absolutely loved New Tricks since the pilot episode 10 years ago.

It will be interesting to see how the new characters are received, this may determine whether it is the last series or not?
    Forum Member
    http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/chicane97/newtricks.jpg

Says on there that Amanda will be replaced by anoher female boss 'towards the end of the series' - which fits in with her doing 8 out of 10 episodes.

Again, would they bother replacing her just for 2 episodes?
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/chicane97/newtricks.jpg

Says on there that Amanda will be replaced by anoher female boss 'towards the end of the series' - which fits in with her doing 8 out of 10 episodes.

Again, would they bother replacing her just for 2 episodes?

i read the same article and was going to say the same thing about her being replaced by another female, interesting how the BBC have not announced her replacement as surely she will be filming soon?
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Flukie for the link.

I do hope it is right in saying Amanda is being replaced by a new female boss, as the show really does need a strong on screen female lead.

Also interesting to note the speculation regading whether NL would be joining if this is to be the final hurrah for the show.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could introduce the new female boss before Amanda departs but not be seen as the replacement similar to how Ray Langston replaced Grissom in CSI,
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    I think it would be better with a male boss and a new female detective in the team.Would change it up but keep the dynamic almost the same
    Forum Member
    mickmars wrote: »
    I think it would be better with a male boss and a new female detective in the team.Would change it up but keep the dynamic almost the same

But New Tricks is about a younger female boss and three retired male cops.
    It's what it is, so they're not gonna change that even if most of the cast is changed.

I'm intrigued as to who they cast to BE the woman boss. I hope it's someone I like!
    I've been lucky! I like Denis and I love Nick so it's been easy to accept James and Alun's replacements. I hope I'm third time lucky! :)
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have it on very solid authority that the new New Tricks "mom" will be played by either Sarah Millican or Miranda Hart. They are still fighting it out. But obviously either way the show will undergo a slight shift in style: ramping up the more farcical whilst toning down the melodramatics.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that "very solid authority" is what exactly?
  • Molly HuntMolly Hunt Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OpEd wrote: »
    I have it on very solid authority that the new New Tricks "mom" will be played by either Sarah Millican or Miranda Hart. They are still fighting it out. But obviously either way the show will undergo a slight shift in style: ramping up the more farcical whilst toning down the melodramatics.

Mischievous poster, aren't you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Molly Hunt wrote: »
    Mischievous poster, aren't you?

What with all the terribly contentious back-and-forth between the dearly departing and some of the writers it is felt that the show needs, desperately and above all else, a blast of cheer, chortles and chuckles.

I am sure that once Flukie hears of this that anticipatory elation will take hold, proper channels will be checked, and vindication will flow like wine.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He does look good with amanda
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OpEd wrote: »

I do love a good wind up
    Forum Member
    I wonder what Nick will sound like!

Will he use his own voice or will be do a Rodney! :)
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa Riley?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My impeccable source says it will be Hart. She has universally appealing comedic talent. Everybody loves her. And now she has proven to be a spectacular if aptly subtle dramatic actress as well. Everybody loves her twice.

Millican is slated to be taking over for Anthony Calf as a new Deputy Assistant Commissioner when he leaves the show early in series 11. This is a huge coup of course. Sarah is a national treasure. She will (thoroughly) be doing the rounds throughout the coming months to promote the show and her much anticipated aforementioned role.

Very exciting! Fingers crossed, y'all!
    Forum Member
    Speaking of Strickland ... wonder if the changes mean we'll be seeing more of him in the new series.

I hope so. I like him. He's been very undersused.

I loved his interaction in Jack's last episode - and the last episode of the series (which wasn't shown last of course, cos of the postponed episode)
    Forum Member