Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Cleverley is a good player when given the freedom to express himself, and not be restricted by rules which go against his nature, he is a good passer of the ball, and can create chances for others.

Will he get chances next season to show this? Well that depends on who (and if) we bring in this summer in the midfield area.

As for Fellaini, he does seem out of place here with us, hopefully a good World Cup will put him in the shop window for others to want to buy him.

Continuation of: Man United Supporters Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    Beckham programme on bbc1. Getting fans following him even in Brazil. Seems a nice bloke though that won't stop people from slagging him off for no reason
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becks is coming across well, seems like a genuinely nice guy.

'What was the Man United score?' :cool:
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite touching he still speaks fondly of SAF despite what happened.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Beckham programme on bbc1. Getting fans following him even in Brazil. Seems a nice bloke though that won't stop people from slagging him off for no reason

Yep and if not him then sly digs at his wife. I don't get the whole Brand Beckham slagging off. Iniesta is the face of ice lollies but hey that's okay.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Becks is coming across well, seems like a genuinely nice guy.

'What was the Man United score?' :cool:

I love Becks, he really does seem like a family friendly guy, who likes to do nice things, yeah he is a money making machine, but who wouldn't be in his position?

I think a lot of the hate that he gets is wrong and for stupid reasons.

I have got this show on record so I will watch it tomorrow, as I have one two things to catch up on first (the percentages on my box sure do fill up quickly!), then I will watch it.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cleverley is a good player when given the freedom to express himself, and not be restricted by rules which go against his nature, he is a good passer of the ball, and can create chances for others.

Will he get chances next season to show this? Well that depends on who (and if) we bring in this summer in the midfield area.

As for Fellaini, he does seem out of place here with us, hopefully a good World Cup will put him in the shop window for others to want to buy him.

I'm kind of with you here, Batdude.

Cleverley is not the terrible, talentless buffoon that some have made him out to be. He could be a good player, although I don't see that he's good enough for United.

Last season was terrible for him, but you could say that about a lot of our players. I think that he'd flourish elsewhere, particularly somewhere like Everton. Martinez loves him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of with you here, Batdude.

Cleverley is not the terrible, talentless buffoon that some have made him out to be. He could be a good player, although I don't see that he's good enough for United.

Last season was terrible for him, but you could say that about a lot of our players. I think that he'd flourish elsewhere, particularly somewhere like Everton. Martinez loves him.

I think that he is the sort of player that needs a run of games to get the best of out him, and for him to get a rhythm to his game, playing him once, and then not using him again for say three games, won't help him at all.

If he got the chance to say play three or four games on the trot, (with no silly restrictions) then I do honestly think that we would be seeing a far better Cleverely, then we did last season.

I agree with you as well, that it is not as if he was any worse or better than a lot of our players last season were, we were a farce for a large proportion of the season, so I am not blaming or pointing out Cleverley here.

Could he leave, yes he could, could he be a success here, yes I believe he could, if given the chance to have a run of games.
    A lot depends on him, and on who we being in this summer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that he is the sort of player that needs a run of games to get the best of out him, and for him to get a rhythm to his game, playing him once, and then not using him again for say three games, won't help him at all.

If he got the chance to say play three or four games on the trot, (with no silly restrictions) then I do honestly think that we would be seeing a far better Cleverely, then we did last season.

I agree with you as well, that it is not as if he was any worse or better than a lot of our players last season were, we were a farce for a large proportion of the season, so I am not blaming or pointing out Cleverley here.

Could he leave, yes he could, could he be a success here, yes I believe he could, if given the chance to have a run of games.
    A lot depends on him, and on who we being in this summer.

I'm not sure that he's got the confidence, or mentality to ever really succeed at United. He seems to be one of those players who wilts, when he's expected to deliver.

A move elsewhere is the only way that I could see him fulfilling his potential.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that he's got the confidence, or mentality to ever really succeed at United. He seems to be one of those players who wilts, when he's expected to deliver.

A move elsewhere is the only way that I could see him fulfilling his potential.

Perhaps you are right, and he could be revitalised by such a move, as he might not get the required numerous games in as row here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh, a new thread as well! :D:D

Quite good in a way, the less said about "Part 46", the better, we move on with LvG and " Part 47"! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing in the way of transfer gossip today, as far as I can see.

I've just read that Van Gaal has switched the Netherlands' formation to a 5-3-2. Hopefully not a sign of things to come, for us.

Not really sure why I'm posting this. Is there anyone left to respond?
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Seems not, the Man. United thread has well and truly been killed.
  • toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully we get some deals done soon even though window doesn't open until July 1st
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing in the way of transfer gossip today, as far as I can see.

I've just read that Van Gaal has switched the Netherlands' formation to a 5-3-2. Hopefully not a sign of things to come, for us.

Not really sure why I'm posting this. Is there anyone left to respond?

I am here!

I wouldn't read too much into what van Gaal does with the Dutch national did in terms of what he might do with us, the two situations are very different, and require two very different ways of doing things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    Seems not, the Man. United thread has well and truly been killed.

I wouldn't go that far, let's just see how things pan out.
    toastie15 wrote: »
    Hopefully we get some deals done soon even though window doesn't open until July 1st

Yeah, it would be nice, if only to have something to get excited about!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am here!

I wouldn't read too much into what van Gaal does with the Dutch national did in terms of what he might do with us, the two situations are very different, and require two very different ways of doing things.

I wasn't really being serious, but it could have some merit, having thought about it:

_____________De Gea

_____Smalling__Jones__Evans
    Rafael____________________Evra/Shaw
    _____________Carrick
    _______Mata__________Kagawa/Januzaj

_______Rooney________Van Persie

It would rely heavily on Rafael and Evra/Shaw getting forward, and we'd be pretty vulnerable defensively, but it would be a way to get Mata/Van Persie/Rooney in the same team, and not have to play Valencia/Young/Nani.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello :)

I thought I'd dive in after years of reading, thoughts on http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/481392/Luke-Shaw-AGREES-160-000-a-week-Manchester-United-deal ?

I don't think they'll pay him that much and it's probably inflated by the papers especially when considering players like De Gea are on much less... less than half of that, actually. Sorry if this has already been discussed, new parts confuse me. :confused:
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,420
    Forum Member
    What the chuff happened in here??

A quick count and 4 regular posters inactive since last night?

You'll be welcome of some company, even if it is a shade blue-er..
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    toastie15 wrote: »

Should tell that to other clubs. They seem to be settling deals long before July 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello :)

I thought I'd dive in after years of reading, thoughts on http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/481392/Luke-Shaw-AGREES-160-000-a-week-Manchester-United-deal ?

I don't think they'll pay him that much and it's probably inflated by the papers especially when considering players like De Gea are on much less... less than half of that, actually. Sorry if this has already been discussed, new parts confuse me. :confused:

Hello.

I agree that there's probably an element of 'think of a number' going on here, but even if it was true, I couldn't give a monkey's. As long as we can afford it and it doesn't unsettle other players, so be it.
    Big Poy wrote: »

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,420
    Forum Member

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.

As you were then!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that there's probably an element of 'think of a number' going on here, but even if it was true, I couldn't give a monkey's. As long as we can afford it and it doesn't unsettle other players, so be it.

Yes, as long as it doesn't unsettle other players. You have to wonder if it is accurate what his contract may be when he's 23/24 and up for renewal. Shaw's looking to be one of the best left backs in the world so if they're willing to pay that, good (though I do think the price is crazy)

Seen this also from a few days ago http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/481020/Luke-Shaw-s-Manchester-United-move-IN-DOUBT-as-Louis-van-Gaal-eyes-Barcelona-s-Jordi-Alba which I'm reluctant to believe because the whole transfers saga is so tedious and the most recent reports says Shaw is a done deal. I think I'd rather Shaw over JA anyway.

Guess the only thing to do now is sit and wait and not believe anything until the dotted line is signed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see that Jordi Alba link having any legs, to be honest.

In other news, Miranda has told Brazilian radio that he has offers from Spain and England, and that his agent is dealing with it.

The clubs are believed to be United and Barcelona.

His release clause is €30m, but apparently, 'that can be negotiated'.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,462
    Forum Member
    Big Poy wrote: »

A quick count and 4 regular posters inactive since last night?

You'll be welcome of some company, even if it is a shade blue-er..

Just because we are paranoid, it does not mean that they are not out to get us
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Think we'll be on part 47 for some time...
This discussion has been closed.