Options

CS Does anyone else think Carla is going to die in the bus crash?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
Forum Member
As the title says, does anyone else think Carla is going to die in the bus crash and they are keeping it a secret for shock value?

The actress's contract was due to be renewed Nov/Dec time and there hasn't been anything released saying she had signed a new one (we have even had news that the glorified extra Luke has signed a new one year deal and they always usually release a statement when the actress who plays Carla signs one)

Everyone involved in the crash has been interviewed loads, all of them have been on tv, in magazines etc, except Carla. She is the only one

Also it has said in several papers that one person dies. We know Sinead is the most seriously injured. They have said her recovery is a long running storyline, so she doesnt die.

Who does?

Comments

• Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carla's the best thing about Corrie if she dies the show does too imo.
  • Options
    martin2345ukmartin2345uk Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    not a chance. They'd have to be mad to let her go!
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I totally agree, she is the only thing that keeps me watching it just now, theres just loads of little strange things that are making me think its going to be her
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this turns out to be true it will be a fatal move for Corrie.
  • Options
    EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, one person will die alright. It'll be someone in another car that gets caught up in the crash. No one really notices because they're all caught up in the crash themselves, but it will end up coming out later, that there were other vehicles involved. I mean, they have a habit of twisting things, don't they? The tram crash anyone? Four deaths? The fourth death was some total random stranger we never even saw.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody dies..
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    :o I hope the OP is wrong! I love Carla. I suppose there is always Tracey and Tony to entertain me but I'd be gutted if Carla left. If she does go what will happen to the factory? Who would take it over? If it is sold off there would be half the cast without jobs. I imagine a new factory owner would be cast but as far as I'm aware there hasn't been any news on a new cast member who might fit the bill. Hopefully Carla isn't killed off. There is still scope for her to have a new man in her life or other stories.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no way they're going to kill off Carla.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    No!! We know she's the last to get off & it'll be touch & go but we also know Tracy has to decide whether to help her or not & they seem desperate to make us accept Tracy at the moment, so she'll pull Carla free just as the minibus tips over a ravine or whatever!!
    In my fantasy version Tracy would get in there & it would tip them both over the edge, killing Tracy & Carla would go missing for 3 years but that's just wishful thinking on my part -:D :D
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it. It would of been announced if Alison King was leaving.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they said nobody dies, I think they have released exactly what is happening in the episodes and the aftermath because corrie can't keep anything secret. But they would be made to ever get rid of Carla, Alison King is miles better than most of the actors in the show as well.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the sun tv mag it says Tracy notices Carla is the last one trapped on the bus as its teetering on the edge of a cliff, seconds from falling and will she help her to get out? She better had, Tracy's not very popular as it is, but people will despise her if she purposefully lets the best character in Corrie die>:(.

Really hope she's ok, but SB does love killing off popular characters for sensationalism, look at poor Carl in ED:(, and knowing his screwed up skewed mindset and the up himself out of touch arrogant prat that he is, if he was going to kill someone off, it would be Carla. "Our ratings are falling, goodness knows why when I have done so many utterly splendid storylines, much better than anyone else before me, but we have to get our viewers back. I know! Let's kill off one of, if not the most popular character and the best actress we have in a shock plot! It will be sensational viewing, I haven't got a clue where we'll go from there, or what we will do without her, but never mind that, this will look fabulous plus it will get us awards to brag about to Philip Schofield, and if it doesn't get us all those NTA awards next year, I'll eat my hat! By God, I'm a genius, I really don't know how I do it...."^_^
  • Options
    s.mouses.mouse Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Blackburn has already announced that nobody dies in the crash.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie are incapable of keeping any aspect of a storyline a secret, so on that basis I'd be flabbergasted if ANYONE died. Carla certainly isn't going to die.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s.mouse wrote: »
    He would suddenly be my most favourite person if she did.
  • Options
    mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why would he announce that? Just, why? why? why?
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    llgx wrote: »
    Carla's the best thing about Corrie if she dies the show does too imo.

This.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would he announce that? Just, why? why? why?

Probably to avoid the outrage and cries of "What an anticlimax". What he's also done is take away any form of tension from the episode. He's clueless.
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Personally I don't really like Carla and would not mind if she died.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member

:o:o:o:o Oh the suspense! What's the point in him announcing that?! There won't be a cliffhanger then! I think he's so stupid announcing that. What will be the point in watching it?
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Personally I don't really like Carla and would not mind if she died.

Me too.

Blackburn didn't have the nerve to kill any characters off:(, so we'll probably get a couple of characters at death's door (in private rooms, of course:D), only to be back on their feet within a week or so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    I think he would have to be crazy to kill Carla off in the bus crash, she is the best thing about Corrie. Usually Alison King's contracts are not usually reported, I don't know why. Stuart Blackburn has also said that the bus crash will change Tracy's and Carla's relationship forever and he said no one dies. If she dies I will be switching off, she really is the best thing about Corrie. I wouldn't put anything past SB though
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o Oh the suspense! What's the point in him announcing that?! There won't be a cliffhanger then! I think he's so stupid announcing that. What will be the point in watching it?

This can be said of every episode of Coronation Street.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starrs wrote: »
    As the title says, does anyone else think Carla is going to die in the bus crash and they are keeping it a secret for shock value?

The actress's contract was due to be renewed Nov/Dec time and there hasn't been anything released saying she had signed a new one (we have even had news that the glorified extra Luke has signed a new one year deal and they always usually release a statement when the actress who plays Carla signs one)

Everyone involved in the crash has been interviewed loads, all of them have been on tv, in magazines etc, except Carla. She is the only one

Also it has said in several papers that one person dies. We know Sinead is the most seriously injured. They have said her recovery is a long running storyline, so she doesnt die.

Who does?

No.

No one dies.