Options

Vigin Media VOD - ITV1?

cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
Forum Member
✭✭✭
(I know there other threads surrounding this, but I thought this warranted one of it's own)

I had a pleasant surprise this morning when I put Cbeebies on for Bones Jr...

The new Virgin Software had been delivered overnight. First impressions are good, although I think it will take a while to get used to the colour scheme (I quite liked the blue!).

I also noticed some changes to the VOD menus / content. There was a new (renamed) section called catch up TV that had sub menus including one for content by channel.

The first channel listed was ITV1 - I wasn't able to view any content but it is good to see other channels adding VOD content at last!

Has anyone been able to view content yet? Also, none of the BBC channels were listed in this section (although I couldn't have too good a look as I was interupting the Tweenies!)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cy_bones wrote:
    The first channel listed was ITV1 - I wasn't able to view any content but it is good to see other channels adding VOD content at last!

I have had the software for about a week or so now and i dont have ITV listed in catch up tv, although i do have BBC, Bravo, Living, and channel 4 which is full of content

Hope ITV is def coming!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I have had a chance to go back in again ITV has gone and BBC is back.

I don't like the split out by day - is there a way of viewing a list?
  • Options
    FD&HFD&H Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    They may just be testing it. ITV is launching a video on demand site at the end of March, so they may put ITV on the Virgin VOD at the same time. Just a thought.
  • Options
    ongman8ongman8 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cy_bones wrote:
    (I know there other threads surrounding this, but I thought this warranted one of it's own)

I had a pleasant surprise this morning when I put Cbeebies on for Bones Jr...

The new Virgin Software had been delivered overnight. First impressions are good, although I think it will take a while to get used to the colour scheme (I quite liked the blue!).

I also noticed some changes to the VOD menus / content. There was a new (renamed) section called catch up TV that had sub menus including one for content by channel.

Has anyone been able to view content yet? Also, none of the BBC channels were listed in this section (although I couldn't have too good a look as I was interupting the Tweenies!)

What part of Kent you are from to know where abouts got the update.
  • Options
    andrewcrawfordandrewcrawford Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are testing but from what i been todl they are in advance negotition with itv to have VOD service with them like bbc and channel 4 i think there doing the same with five but ive not asked about that though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ongman8 wrote:
    What part of Kent you are from to know where abouts got the update.
    Ashford
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catch Up TV "by channel" is now showing Bravo and Living (but no content is available yet).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,004
    Forum Member
    Shepard wrote:
    Hope ITV is def coming!

There was an ITVHD test channel on Telewest for a while, but that has now gone. It consisted entirely of repeats though. There was no simulcast of new programming as on the BBCHD trial.

AIUI, ITV had to be pressured into this trial by Ofcom.

I don't think ITV will launch a full service until they are convinced that there are sufficient HDReadyTVs in use for it to be financially viable.