It's just hit me how big Leona actually is

lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've always liked Leona, but never been a manic fan. However, I sat down a couple of weeks ago with a friend and watched her perform "Run" on the X Factor.

Nothing unusual here you might say.

Well then my bitch of a friend decides to ask for Leona's re-worked album for Xmas.

Could I get the bloody thing anyway? NOPE.

Over the last 2 weeks I'd been into Tesco, HMV, Sainsbury, Woolies, Asda Living, Play.com and probably more. All out of stock.

Eventually Sainsburys got a couple delivered, and I was luckily enough to grab one. But even then, the lady in the queue behind me at the checkout saw it and ran back for a copy.

Hence the thread title. I've only just actually realised how much of a star Leona is. And to hear that the album in question sold 170k this week....when its god knows how old?! Fantastic!!

Lee
xx

Comments

• EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Yup. :) She's a superstar!
  • Rippa RooRippa Roo Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    I thought you meant height-wise. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    Lol. If you follow her US success, she is even more of a star.
  • ItsAnObsessionItsAnObsession Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    Lol. If you follow her US success, she is even more of a star.

Yup, she's got all these US artists wanting to work with her because she's so great [Whitney Houston, Justin Timberlake - They're currently working together for a duet.. There's also P.Diddy, Katy Perry and Jordin Sparks want to work woth her and more!!] :)
  • xenosysxenosys Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about online? There are plenty of retailers via the Internet that could have fulfilled your bitch of a friends' Christmas wish :)

Buuuut yeah, she is in high demand :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    lee18xx wrote: »
    I've always liked Leona, but never been a manic fan. However, I sat down a couple of weeks ago with a friend and watched her perform "Run" on the X Factor.

Nothing unusual here you might say.

Well then my bitch of a friend decides to ask for Leona's re-worked album for Xmas.

Could I get the bloody thing anyway? NOPE.

Over the last 2 weeks I'd been into Tesco, HMV, Sainsbury, Woolies, Asda Living, Play.com and probably more. All out of stock.

Eventually Sainsburys got a couple delivered, and I was luckily enough to grab one. But even then, the lady in the queue behind me at the checkout saw it and ran back for a copy.

Hence the thread title. I've only just actually realised how much of a star Leona is. And to hear that the album in question sold 170k this week....when its god knows how old?! Fantastic!!

Lee
    xx

I didnt know the sales this week, but thats bloomin fantastic for an album thats been out 49 weeks!:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I was never a fan of Leona while she was on the X-Factor, but do agree that she is world class now. The girl has done good & having promised myself never to buy her songs, I am now the proud owner of 'Spirit The Deluxe Version':D

Well she sold me:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    8 Weeks at number one, second biggest selling album of 07 and bound do be Top 20 in 08. Leona is amazing :D
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    8 Weeks at number one, second biggest selling album of 07 and bound do be Top 20 in 08. Leona is amazing :D

Top 5 of 2008. :D

And should hit 1 million sales for the year.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    It's a true testament to her immense talent that the deluxe edition has sold so astonishingly well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just a quick question...

do they add the sales of the deluxe edition to the sales of the original edition??

maybe i'm making myself look really stupid here, but just curious :D
  • spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ariella52 wrote: »

Will ;) She only needs 29,000 more copies sold in the rest of 2008 to hit 1 million for the year and will probably have done that by this time (10pm) today. :)
    vadvad wrote: »
    just a quick question...

do they add the sales of the deluxe edition to the sales of the original edition??

Yes, sales of the deluxe are added to sales of the original edition.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vadvad wrote: »
    just a quick question...

It used to be a rule that the deluxe had to be 80% the same as the original, but they scrapped it recently.
  • xenosysxenosys Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 ft 7" .... she ain't that big :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,118
    Forum Member
    geraldine is bigger.

is spirit any good btw? never really liked any of leona's stuff before,.......
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dj sunset wrote: »
    geraldine is bigger.

is spirit any good btw? never really liked any of leona's stuff before,.......

Some songs from the album you might not of heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ztc7UW_B8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scm4oAYYbIg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member

I'm in love with this song:)
  • stevo642stevo642 Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yea she really is a worldwide superstar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ariella52 wrote: »

So I guess it's currently fifth behind Rockferry, The Circus, Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends and Only By The Night.

No shame coming fifth to those artists with a year old album :p. I saw she was top 10 of the year a couple of weeks ago cos on... another place... they post the top 20 albums of the year every couple of weeks :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the reasons everywhere was out of stock was because most places are supplied by Woolworths :S

But she's still done fantastically :D
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    Spirit is the 10TH Biggest seller of the century to date and likely to rise further, over 2.5 million sold in the UK alone and 1.3 million in the USA
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I luv Leona, she is one of the best singers out there, IMO.
  • PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    She's been made into a big star. She has the SC and CD PR jugganaut behind her, and a team of world class songwriters. She has a really good voice. Whether she is a star in her own right, without the huge star-making team behind her, I reserve judgement until she tours. Stars are those who have the charisma to entertain a huge audience for an hour and a half, IMO. If I was a singer like Leona, I'd be so frustrated just doing one off appearances on TV shows and singing a few songs.

Spirit has some good songs on it, but it's incredibly over-rated:o
  • xChErRy-DrOpSxxChErRy-DrOpSx Posts: 4,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love Leona. My fav artist! and to the above post ^^^ leona's spirit is brilliant. Love the songs take a bow, misses glass and yesterday!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes brilliant. Best ever.