The Freeview Changelog

Comments

• digiwigidigiwigi Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin1960 wrote: »
    If you do a rescan it should have disappeared from 44.

Did a rescan then and have just done another now. Still here in London.

Can someone (from London) post when its gone
  • michael21michael21 Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's gone
  • andrecandrec Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    michael21 wrote: »
    it's gone
    Not from Ilchester Crescent, it hasn't. And is it very plausible that someone should remove a stream on a Sunday?

There do seem to be some dodgy reports on this thread :( .

André Coutanche
  • Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GemsTV1 is still being broadcast on LCN44 as a placeholder. This can be seen with a DVB-T tool like DVB Explorer. Some set top boxes and iDTVs will show the channel and some will not. Please do not post about channels being removed in this thread if you have no way of seeing the relevant Service Information. It may be just the limitations of your particular DVB-T receiver.

Now some real change news; NHS Direct has morphed into NHS Choices on LCN100 and one year after it moved from $ky Text to Teletext, NHS Choices has had a makeover as well. NHS Direct is still available on p708 from within NHS Choices.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank ray some useful info there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    new freeview channel 501 appears on the freeview epg :D:)
  • digiwigidigiwigi Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems they're testing again, rescanning on my topup box gives me 7 muxes and causes me to lose various channels like Sky News from my listings again.

Although it picks it up on my Sony IDTV, broadcasting SD pictures of boats with an "engineering research test" semi transparent logo of sorts on the top of the screen
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Channel 501 is an engineering test channel, which has already been reported in the changelog some weeks ago.

Polite Request:
    Could all users please check the changelog before re-reporting channels and back up any changes with official annoucements from Freeview, the broadcaster in question, Arqiva, DMOL, Digital UK etc. This will make the changelog more authoritive and easier to follow, as opposed to the "Channel so-and-so has gone, No it hasn't" approach.

Often the changelog has been updated after a change has been confirmed in a dedicated thread on the subject. Then, when the changelog is updated, a link to that thread can be included in the post. This ensures that only undisputable/reliable information appears here. Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    Channel 501 is an engineering test channel, which has already been reported in the changelog some weeks ago.

Polite Request:
    Could all users please check the changelog before re-reporting channels and back up any changes with official annoucements from Freeview, the broadcaster in question, Arqiva, DMOL, Digital UK etc. This will make the changelog more authoritive and easier to follow, as opposed to the "Channel so-and-so has gone, No it hasn't" approach.

Often the changelog has been updated after a change has been confirmed in a dedicated thread on the subject. Then, when the changelog is updated, a link to that thread can be included in the post. This ensures that only undisputable/reliable information appears here. Thanks.

I agree with this but unfortunately there is no chance of it happening on this forum due to the lack of moderation. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a516 wrote: »

Polite Request:

sounds good :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thomson Download Channel removed from Ofcon licensed services list 15/4/09. The stream disappeared a month or so ago.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/tvlicensing/dtt/main.htm

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1019063
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what happens if you don't bother updating your Freeview channels. I recently updated my Gran's TV (it still had abc1 on it can believe it!), but my sister's TV has more recnt channel list, although it has the old channel for Film4. She is still able to view it, but will it eventually stop working on that channel?
  • Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens if you don't bother updating your Freeview channels. I recently updated my Gran's TV (it still had abc1 on it can believe it!), but my sister's TV has more recnt channel list, although it has the old channel for Film4. She is still able to view it, but will it eventually stop working on that channel?

If you don't "update" your Freeview channels you should continue to get the current line-up on the channel numbers you currently have them on. It sounds to me that your sister's box has NOT been updated as Film4 is now on ch15, which is the number previously occupied by ABC1. Does the box have CNN and Russia Today on 84 & 85?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rescan your freeview boxes and tv on may 20 to continue to receive virgin1 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    virgin media confirm virgin1 will go 24 hours on may20 :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    virgin media confirm virgin1+1 to launch on freeview (12hour slot) on may20 may could be a good month for freeview :D:D:D
  • Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
    Forum Member
    I'd rather have a Living 'lite' channel tbh - Virgin 1's not very good imo. Hope it has a make-over on the 20th May.

And as far as Virgin 1 +1 goes, what a waste - why couldn't someone different have got the space like Zone.
  • neon-lightningneon-lightning Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Yesterday could of gone 24 hours, instead of Virgin1+1, with the lack of space on freeview, they should not allow applications for slots, if they are going to be +1 channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiver moves from channel 36 to 30 on may12 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIVEUSA moves from channel 35 to 30 on may12 :)
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    michael21 wrote: »
    FIVEUSA moves from channel 35 to 30 on may12 :)

Fiver will move from channel 36 to 30 and Five USA will move from 35 to 31.

Remember to log the Source! :)http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a154137/fiver-five-usa-to-change-freeview-slots.html
    For comments on Virgin 1 changes, please don't post in the log! Have your say at http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1021460
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    UKTV Style has been relaunched as 'home'.

EPG has not yet been updated with the new name and TopUp TV VOD icon still shows UKTV Style.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    On BBC Red Button P100, the item at the bottom now continually cycles thru a number of items.
  • Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    Yesterday could of gone 24 hours, .

No it couldn't; it only broadcasts for 19 hours, not 24
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin1960 wrote: »
    No it couldn't; it only broadcasts for 19 hours, not 24

.... and in any case the 6pm-1am programmes are a repeat of the 6am-6pm programmes. :D:D