Forum Member
sky protect

good/bad idea? worth the money?...

whats your experiences?

Comments

• parkyzparkyz Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few weeks after signing up for a tv insurance plan my set developed a fault i needed a new screen apprantly anyway thankfully even though id only just signed up they sorted the problem no questions asked
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better than the rest of the cowboys out there.

Not to mention proper Sky engineers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    i worked it out to be £99 per year for a sky+ box,
    if you need there service then well worth it i surpose
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't bother, threaten to cancel until you get a free fix (which you will get).
  • HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    I will never cease to be amazed that people take out 'protection plans' for their Sky boxes but not for their (far more costly) TV, their (far more costly) washing machine, their (far more costly) fridge/freezer ...........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    jwball wrote: »

i did that and they said fine if you want to cancel you can...
    even wrote a letter but still they phoned me up to say i had to pay £60 for them to have a look :(
  • xtazxtaz Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    What's the point of paying for insurance for a Sky box when Sky will come out and fix any problems for a one off £60 charge? I don't know how much the insurance is but work out how often your Sky box actually goes wrong and then work out how much insurance money you would have paid in that time compared to the one off £60 charge if you don't have any insurance.

OK you'll get a refurb box but still. Even if you wanted a brand new one you could probably still go out and buy one from a satellite shop for less money than the insurance has cost in the same time period.
  • bubblegunbubblegun Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jwball wrote: »

Sky don't do free service calls anymore if you only have a standard box. You'll be offered a discounted HD or HDx (HD without HD subs) box instead or half-price service call.