Kids Timer On xBox 360

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
Forum Member
✭✭
Just to give you all heads up.. If i am wrong please let me know..

I recently sold my sons xBox360 which i formatted and checked all data was clear/gone. ;)

I posted the xBox360 to the new owners only to be contacted by them asking how to turn the timer off.. :eek:

My questions is: I asume the timer is stored within the mother board of the xBox360 and not the hard drive. ?

I have now forwarded the 4 Code's to clear the timer, but i was very suprised the timer was not already cleared too :(

Comments

• jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bootycall wrote: »
    Just to give you all heads up.. If i am wrong please let me know..

I recently sold my sons xBox360 which i formatted and checked all data was clear/gone. ;)

I posted the xBox360 to the new owners only to be contacted by them asking how to turn the timer off.. :eek:

My questions is: I asume the timer is stored within the mother board of the xBox360 and not the hard drive. ?

I have now forwarded the 4 Code's to clear the timer, but i was very suprised the timer was not already cleared too :(

No it's stored in the firmware of the 360. If it was in the HDD then kids could just remove the drive and play on games without a storage device, rendering the timer system useless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jwball wrote: »
    No it's stored in the firmware of the 360. If it was in the HDD then kids could just remove the drive and play on games without a storage device, rendering the timer system useless.
    Thanks ;)