Sky Anytime+ will be a con

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    BOOTHY2905 wrote: »
    Firstly you haven't been singled out! it was stated from the start that this was the case and there are many reasons which totally outweigh people's moaning.
    Imagine your broadband is the fuel for the service. Say Diesel. You then complain to your provider because you want to use petrol because it's cheaper. You can't because it wouldn't work. Live with it mate.

And why 6 week's for phone and broadband activation. Friend of mine just got his phone and broadband working, same day and he waited 2 weeks from phone call.
    Go to Virgin your obviously not content with this provider!:D

Yes sky did mention that sky bb users only at lauch, however they did not stat how long others will have to wait.

As for two weeks for install i guess your friend was lucky. Try telling that to the 3 mates i recomended sky to. And not to mention that none of us have recieved our vouchers for recomending them to sky.

Just to clarify that i was not moaning as you call it, I was just stating a fact that it is singling out non sky broadband customers, so in turn it is a con until such time as all sky hd subscribers can recieve the service.

As far as leaving sky is concerned. This is due to poor customer service as well as broken promises time and again over the last 12 years. Also the cost is just about getting out of control now also. Also sky have no loyalty to existing customers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also sky have no loyalty to existing customers.
    Agreed, but to be fair virtually all companies operate like that.
  • RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes sky did mention that sky bb users only at lauch, however they did not stat how long others will have to wait.

They have been telling people who enquire direct that 75% of the country will be up and running by the end of Nov and the rest by the end of Jan 2011.

Anyway, why does it bother you? If the details under your name are correct you already have access to a huge VOD service via your 50mb connection :D. It will be years before Anytime+ even approaches Virgin's offerings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this mean non Sky BB customers will also get it by the end of January 2011?
  • jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gorilla69 wrote: »
    Does this mean non Sky BB customers will also get it by the end of January 2011?

I think that 75% refers to boxes not users.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jon41 wrote: »
    I think that 75% refers to boxes not users.

Must do as Sky only cover 70% with LLU for their own broadband.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But does all this mean that non Sky BB users will get the service by the end of January 2011?
  • RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But does all this mean that non Sky BB users will get the service by the end of January 2011?

I think it's pretty clear they are referring to the current software rollout. Any inclusion of other BB providers will be beyond that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bugger that is a shame.. got a 1TB box all ready to go. Sadly no possibility of ever getting Sky BB here..
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,453
    Forum Member
    Bugger that is a shame.. got a 1TB box all ready to go. Sadly no possibility of ever getting Sky BB here..

Wait and see what happens, obviously other ISP's aren't going to be too pleased at Sky subscribers abusing their bandwidth.

If it all goes well, presumably other ISP's will be gradually added, as already announced by Sky.
  • Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member

And as they refuse to tell even Sky Broadband customers when their box will be updated, one slip up and anyone up to that point may not be getting for many months.

I really wonder what all that testing was for? Seem more like some kid wrote it one night after a staff party and they will now apply it one box at a time, wait weeks and weeks inbetween for no good reason and if it hasn't crippled that box, they might think about doing another model.
  • Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member
    Wait and see what happens...

:confused: Like there is any option to do anything else?
  • mat.ralphmat.ralph Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big_Ted wrote: »
    There is no Sky Atlantic deal (It doesn't even exist as a channel) .

...Yet. 108 on the EPG early 2011.
  • TrinitronHDTrinitronHD Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And as they refuse to tell even Sky Broadband customers when their box will be updated, one slip up and anyone up to that point may not be getting for many months.

I really wonder what all that testing was for? Seem more like some kid wrote it one night after a staff party and they will now apply it one box at a time, wait weeks and weeks inbetween for no good reason and if it hasn't crippled that box, they might think about doing another model.
    But you have said you want them to wait until everything is ready. Why are you still complaining!!
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,453
    Forum Member
    Just a quick 'update', I had occasion to connect one today - I connected an HD box on Wednesday for a rental customer - who had bought it 'self install' from Sky. So I happened to mention about Anytime+, and asked if they had Sky Broadband (which they did).

I explained how to connect to the router via Ethernet, but she said it would need to be wireless - so having read about it on here I told her to ring Sky, as they provide a wireless option.

Anyway - that should have been the end of the story - but we got a job today to go and change the (wall mounted) rental TV for a new one. While we were there she mentioned that the wireless adaptor had come this morning (so pretty fast), and would we connect it for her.

So I can confirm that it's VERY easy to do, just plug the wireless adaptor ethernet lead in the back of the HD box, and plug the mains adaptor in. The HD box detects it, and pops up a screen listed all WiFi networks - simply select the correct one, and then enter your password for the router.

However, I don't know how fast a connection they get, but I suspect it's not fast enough for real time - and it never reached a stage where you could watch it (before we left).

But all in all, simple and easy to do - and downloading a programme over night seems quite acceptable if the speed is a little slow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mat.ralph wrote: »
    ...Yet. 108 on the EPG early 2011.

Right, it doesn't exist...................

Therefore my post is correct :p
  • mat.ralphmat.ralph Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big_Ted wrote: »
    Right, it doesn't exist...................

Therefore my post is correct :p

Didn't say it wasn't:confused: