Options

Christmas eve, Christmas day and Boxing day plans...

Comments

• Options
    JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lola UK wrote: »
    christmas eve - not doing much, tracking santa online :o maybe going for some drinks with friends

christmas day - presents! nice cooked brunch, more presents! off to see friends and have a tipple. bring friends back to ours and have another tipple/play games. start cooking xmas dinner, watch xmas crap on tv, play with new presents then eat drink and be merry!

boxing day - don't usually go out, spend the day playing with new gadgets/board games etc

all fun and games really :)

i do this too :o:D
  • Options
    angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nothing, nothing, nothing.
  • Options
    GeekyGeminiGeekyGemini Posts: 1,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Eve: impatiently waiting for parents to wrap my prezzies and pop them in the lounge. Waiting till their asleep and then going to have a peek at all my prezzies hehe :o childish I know but I loooveee christmas!

Christmas Day: Prezzies :D and home cooked meal with the family - offering 'help' where possible and then watching christmas movies and having a lazy day.

Boxing Day: With being at uni mum's not seen me as much so planning on spending the day with her watching movies, making cakes, having drinks and catching up :D

And I can't wait for it all to begin :D
  • Options
    tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    work
    off
    work
  • Options
    parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Eve: Chilling out, tracking Santa online, generally getting very excited, then my parents drive us around in the evening to look at all the christmas decorations in the local area :)

Christmas Day: Wake up early, get sent back to bed, wake up again, PRESENTS :D if we've been good, listen to Christmas music, open presents and eat chocolate all morning, maybe going out for a walk, Christmas dinner and then Wii tournament, karaoke and music all evening and lots of drinking :D

Boxing Day: Chillaxing day ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Christmas EVE..
    working (and having my time wasted by pricks coming in to do their 'shopping' (but really they come in just to waste the staff's and their own time and REALLY take the piss (BTW 18 cans of Stella from NETTO at the moment) and I'll probably drop in to the pub for a pint.
    Christmas day...
    I'll need my Pocket PC to record the details as I'll probably be absoultey Sh*tfaced.
    Boxing Day...
    Probably trying to lay off the lager and starting my next work of science-fantasy fiction (this time it starts off as an investigation but there's something far more sinister lurking behind an obscure myth..)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Frood wrote: »
    Dec 24: prog on Kenny Everett (would have been 66 on the day:cry:). Probably then do main meal (venison, pheasant, .

HEY, RESPECT FOR MENTIONING KENNY EVERETT. HE WAS A ****ING LEGEND!!:):cool::D
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Eve- working, then probably going to the pub after work. Then later going to a party at a friend's house.

Christmas Day- no idea yet for what I'm doing in the day. Probably spend it at home with my dog. In the evening I'm going round to my old flatmate's place to watch Doctor Who and get drunk.

Boxing Day- probably drinking a lot more and playing video games or watching anime or something.
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Eve- Cleaning the house and making sure i've got everything i need food wise ,if not last minute trip to the shops

Christmas day-get up and watch the grown up childre i still have at home open their presents ,then go to sons house to see what Santa has bought the Grandchildren,come home cook Dinner and then chilax

Boxing Day- have a big Family party at our house ,where 2 sons come with their partners and Grandchildren ,Daughters Boyfriend comes and with us Daughter and my other Son there's 16 of us so do a big Buffet and then in the afternoon and evening we play silly party games and then have WII Tournaments
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cah wrote: »
    Christmas Eve- Cleaning the house and making sure i've got everything i need food wise ,if not last minute trip to the shops

Christmas day-get up and watch the grown up childre i still have at home open their presents ,then go to sons house to see what Santa has bought the Grandchildren,come home cook Dinner and then chilax

Boxing Day- have a big Family party at our house ,where 2 sons come with their partners and Grandchildren ,Daughters Boyfriend comes and with us Daughter and my other Son there's 16 of us so do a big Buffet and then in the afternoon and evening we play silly party games and then have WII Tournaments

that sound lovely, the perfect boxing day.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Christmas Eve - not sure, just hanging around
    Christmas Day - just me and my parents having dinner, opening pressies etc.
    Boxing Day - again haven't decided
  • Options
    The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    Christmas Eve - having a quiet day in
    Christmas Day - working
    Stephens Day - might go to my brothers, depends on the weather.
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Eve - my favourite day of the year. :) Staying at home, snuggling up with a blanket, gonna have a couple of days without doing uni work, so just watching DVDs (The Santa Clause :D), reading books, eating chocolate and being with my family. :)

Christmas Day - staying at home, just me, my mum, my dad and my brother. A few presents in morning, Christmas dinner, more presents in afternoon, then lots of rubbish TV and game playing.

Boxing Day - going up to stay with family in Essex, early in the morning, staying there overnight and then coming home on 27th, which is my cousin's 21st birthday. :)

We were going to go up and stay with them on Christmas Eve and be there for Christmas, but we're not sure how many Christmasses my mum will have left (at the moment, this Christmas and next Christmas is likely, hoping for more than that, but there's always that fear it might be less). And just in case it ends up being the last one, we want to be at home, just the four of us together. I'm sure it won't be the last, but you never know.

So I like our plans as they are now. And this way we kind of getting two Christmasses, 'cos we'll probably end up doing all the family swapping presents on Boxing Day. :D

(Oops, this is far too long. And far too many smiley faces. I love Christmas :o)
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm working on Christmas Eve until around lunch time and then I'm going home to spend the evening, Christmas Day and Boxing Day with my lovely husband. It's just going to be the two of us, food, wine, whisky, a warm house, the telly, some movies, Mario on the Wii and my gloating as we get all the English batsmen out very quickly on Boxing Day!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    For the first time in my life we're not bothering this year and are treating the entire holidays as normal days :eek: Can't believe that I'm not even bothered by that, I'd have been heartbroken about it just a few years ago! But I suppose until I have my own kids the magic won't come back.

It will be over with before we know it anyway then into a New Year and back to the grindstone which will probably be under 5 feet of snow by then :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    We were going to go up and stay with them on Christmas Eve and be there for Christmas, but we're not sure how many Christmasses my mum will have left (at the moment, this Christmas and next Christmas is likely, hoping for more than that, but there's always that fear it might be less). And just in case it ends up being the last one, we want to be at home, just the four of us together. I'm sure it won't be the last, but you never know.
    (Oops, this is far too long. And far too many smiley faces. I love Christmas :o)

i sincerely hope you get many, many more wonderful christmases with your mum.

it all sounds lovely.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas eve, I'll be baking stuff with the kids whilst swigging wine (me not the the kids!) and listening to cheesy Christmas songs.
    Christmas day, I'll be up early and lugging the sacks of pressies down the stairs very quietly, I'll drink tea and facebook while I wwait for everyone else to wake up.
    Kids and OH will wake up and there'll be mass excitement as pressies are opened. I'll cook dinner while OH sorts out batteries and putting stuff together. Evening will be spent watching Dr Who and I'll treat myself to a relaxing soak in the bath when the kids are in bed.
    Boxing day, I'm cooking again as I've invited my mam and dad over for a slap up meal.
  • Options
    Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finish work at 9am on wednesday. Xmas day out to dinner at a restaurant.
    Boxing day I think Ma is coming to mine.
    Back to work on monday at 5am.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christmas Eve - finish off any last minute Christmas shopping and pop in and see my dad and half-brother in the afternoon, before wrapping presents in the evening while watching TV. After wrapping presents, I'll probably loll around on the sofa and have a glass of wine and have a mince pie while quietly seeing in Christmas Day.

Christmas Day - going to my aunt and uncle's house for copious volumes of food and alcohol. :D

Boxing Day - I don't know yet. My aunt and uncle might be having a party but if not, I'll probably go into town and hit the sales. My mum could be coming up for the day but she might be working.

I love Christmas but for whatever reason, New Year's Eve never does anything for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Christmas eve; going to see OHs family during day as it is my turn for family Christmas this year. Will give pressies and have lunch then hr and half drive home. At night we are going out for dinner with friends then going to a midnight carol service at the citys cathedral which is amazing as we went last yr.

Christmas day; driving over to my grandparents for breakfast seeing my mum and family. Staying for a few hours then driving over to my dads and spending Christmas with him, step mum and sisters and a few aunts and randoms who will drop in. We are staying so I am able to drink!

Boxing day; drive home, get in bed, watch films and eat chocolate in bed!

Can't wait really!

We love Christmas.
  • Options
    El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    work, work and work. Just about sums it up for me.

Oh wow can I ask what you do? :confused:
  • Options
    KFAKFA Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Eve - working
    Christmas Day - alone and catching up on tv and sleep, probably fish fingers for tea
    Boxing Day - working
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JOHNOR wrote: »
    i sincerely hope you get many, many more wonderful christmases with your mum.

it all sounds lovely.

Thank-you, I hope so too. :)
  • Options
    El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KFA wrote: »
    Christmas Eve - working
    Christmas Day - alone and catching up on tv and sleep, probably fish fingers for tea
    Boxing Day - working

Wow, sounds amazing! lol :D
  • Options
    MrOstentatiousMrOstentatious Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Eve, watch TV enjoy the general 'buzz'
    Christmas Day, watch TV and just eat
    Boxing day: SALES!!!! 4AM start, get to next by half 4 and then just go crazy buying next years wardrobe, this year.