I've just eaten ALL the Christmas cheese, and a tin of roses

2»

Comments

• Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought i would revisit this thread.

Has anyone still got all their Christmas supplies intact ?

I have to admit that i have already polished off two boxes of Matchmakers (orange and mint) and im greedily eyeing up the Terry's Chocolate Orange.

This weekend just gone has been tough. I really didnt venture out very much so the Christmas stilton was waving at me from the fridge door along with the jar of shredded beetroot and water biscuits :o I managed not to succumb, but it was tough.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Already had to buy a second tin or roses. I don't eat chocolate much but when they're there I seem to snack on them. :D
  • Options
    JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my daughter's white chocolate snowman with her name on that was a stocking filler for christmas day has now gone :(:o

actually hate myself.
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JOHNOR wrote: »
    my daughter's white chocolate snowman with her name on that was a stocking filler for christmas day has now gone :(:o

actually hate myself.

And so you should. Awful. Can you get her another one? :D
  • Options
    JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And so you should. Awful. Can you get her another one? :D

:D yes, although i can't promise the same won't happen again :o

need to ask father christmas for some willpower this year.
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheese & Roses?

There's no two ways about it, you're gonna die.
  • Options
    carriebebecarriebebe Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    ive just finished a tin of roses

but i actually got them for my birhday in november
  • Options
    dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    Got some Bavarian black ham in the fridge for Christmas that keeps tempting me but its' wrapping remains intact :)

You guys need some willpower, haha! My sister had opened most of her chocolate advent calendar this time last week. She's 21.
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poppy Seed wrote: »
    Please make me feel better, who else has been troughing all day because it's too cold to do anything else?

Just polished off a chunk of Applewood smoked cheese, and the roule, with some crackers. Was supposed to be for guests. Feel tired now :o

Has that cheese smorgasbord shifted itself yet? :D
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    must say that i've already scoffed two of the cheeses from the cheese board selection I had bought. The other half doesn't even like cheese that much, so I can't even distrubute the blame! I don't feel that bad though as it has been spread over 4 days or so....I am very tempted to have a slice of the christmas cake I made, but have managed to refrain so far. Have stopped purchasing cadbury's yule logs also as they seemed to disappear far too quickly aswell!
  • Options
    sh@ronsh@ron Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    I'm another one with just the toffees left in the Qualty Street tin :D I ws bored, and couldn't help myself!

I haven't even bought the cheese yet because there is no way it would last. I've only just got into stilton but now I know I like it, it hardly ever lasts 48 hours in my fridge :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I instructed our families NOT to buy us any chocolates or biscuits for Christmas this year because we're getting married in May and I didn't want the temptation in the house.

Mr Saz had an accident at work and his aunt gave him a tin of QS, I know my grandad has also bought us a tin for Christmas and my boss gave me a pressie yesterday which looks suspiciously like Ferrero Rocher.

I haven't been able to get out running either with all the snow! I WILL fit into my wedding dress - must be strong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ate 8 beetroots today :D
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame on you all. :p

I have a 'special' cupboard in my kitchen where yummy things live when they are given to me. So far I have a box of Lindor and a chocolate angel from Poland. The contents of the special cupboard must not be consumed before the day itself (be it Easter, Christmas etc). Because that cupboard isn't often used, I manage to resist the temptation ok.

Right then, back to stuffing your faces. :p

P.S. Molybecks, you will have purple pooh tomorrow! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hide the tins of chocolates in the loft so that nobody can find them.

"Santa" never fails to deliver them Christmas morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we only open tins of chocolates on Christmas Eve/ Day. Biscuits are saved for the ga bewtween then and new year. And mince pies are boxing day and Christmas Eve treats. We eat plenty though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jojo01 wrote: »

P.S. Molybecks, you will have purple pooh tomorrow! :D

Ewwww noooo! Well it'll be something to look forward to I guess...(okay im changing this subject competely as we are in a food thread lmao)! :p

Might start eating some roses tonight... (as in the sweets)