Petition : Stop treating a heavily scripted heavily edited show as reality.

CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
Forum Member
✭✭
Who's in?

The drama around here bears no relation to what it is everyone is watching.

Its not reality, its very heavily edited to match up to a very tight script ,and we dont have a single clue what any person who has been in the house is actually like.

Comments

• SAFC_DerrySAFC_Derry Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's in?

Its not reality, its very heavily edited to match up to a very tight script ,and we dont have a single clue what any person who has been in the house is actually like.

Agree.
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Perhaps we should discuss the script writing and plot development instead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree.
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's in?

Agreed ,and a shit script it is too imo:D
  • P BarnardP Barnard Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would the difference be if we 'stopped treating BB as reality'? You need to define your parameters and outcomes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,801
    Forum Member
    AKA get a life.
  • EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's in?

Correct, this was confirmed on BBOTS last night when they showed a clip of them all sitting around writing the script and making up the tweets.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would the difference be if we 'stopped treating BB as reality'? You need to define your parameters and outcomes.

people are projecting character traits onto these people and thus the pandamonium we see in the forum in general.

We dont pretend Ian beale is real, we shouldnt with what we are presented.

Now, there are real people in the house, I'm not suggesting anything else, but what we see are carefully scripted characters, the show is cut to ribbons to edit footage into a given storyboard, its obvious during every highlight show, the likelyhood of any of the fairly one dimensional projections we see on the screen bearing any resemblance to the actual people involved is low.

To me, you see, I read people screaming blue murder that there was this missed out or they didnt show that properly one minute, so its not like they are unaware they are not seeing anything remotley like actual events, and next arguing that this person wouldnt behave in such a way, or that person is 'evil' , a 'tramp' or whatever other epithet is the latest to be thrown around. Vile being the popular peoples phrase(or perhaps the peoples popular phrase, depending on your point of view).

Now we have demands for lawsuits and all sorts.

It would be like calling for law suits because David Brent was ridiculed on some other tv show.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's in?

Agreed.

As I've said before, if they can make Carole and Dave The Vicar look entertaining, they can do anything.
  • CHARMER1CHARMER1 Posts: 9,026
    Forum Member
    Agree, I dont know why they didnt do the pay to view on the internet, then the real fans could have watched if they wanted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's in?

Sitting here applauding you. Well said and a long overdue post.:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,517
    Forum Member
    Sugar Ape wrote: »
    AKA get a life.

Indeed!
  • DianepinkDianepink Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's in?

agree
  • NotawordNotaword Posts: 10,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's in?

Sign me up...................the most sensible thing that has been said on this board for weeks.
  • mandyxxxxmandyxxxx Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people are projecting character traits onto these people and thus the pandamonium we see in the forum in general.

Now, there are real people in the house, I'm not suggesting anything else, but what we see are carefully scripted characters, the show is cut to ribbons to edit footage into a given storyboard, its obvious during every highlight show, the likelyhood of any of the fairly one dimensional projections we see on the screen bearing any resemblance to the actual people involved is low.

To me, you see, I read people screaming blue murder that there was this missed out or they didnt show that properly one minute, so its not like they are unaware they are not seeing anything remotley like actual events, and next arguing that this person wouldnt behave in such a way, or that person is 'evil' , a 'tramp' or whatever other epithet is the latest to be thrown around. Vile being the popular peoples phrase(or perhaps the peoples popular phrase, depending on your point of view).

It would be like calling for law suits because David Brent was ridiculed on some other tv show.

exactly, which is why I've not bothered to watch much of BB this year, but find these forums such fun anyway.:D
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. This is not the Big Brother I know and love, it's just a reality show that happens to be set in a house.

There's more drama on this forum than in the house this year:D
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I especially agree with you Charlottesweb - I am so tired of people saying that ______ ought to sue for Defamation and the use of the word "Vile" ...yeesh.
    Chillax!
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's in?

Some of the thread titles this year have been unbelievable!
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually, he is real, he's my ex,actual fact.