Man Utd Chief executive David Gill now the new FA vice Chairman.

Walter WhiteWalter White Posts: 574
Forum Member
✭✭
David Gill has been formally appointed as a vice-chairman of the Football Association.

The Manchester United chief executive replaces Sir Dave Richards as one of two vice-chairmen, alongside Roger Burden, after his promotion was ratified at a meeting of the FA Council.

The move strengthens Gill's standing in the English game ahead of his campaign to win a place on the UEFA Executive Committee at next May's elections.

The 55-year-old said: "I'm delighted to have been appointed vice-chairman of the Football Association.

"The health and success of the Football Association is vital to the future of the game in England and I hope to justify the board's faith in me by helping to shape discussions and actions to deliver that."

Gill has been on the FA board for the past six years.

This stinks , cant believe nothing gets made of this in the press , surely a conflict of interests if ever there was one ?.

But i suppose anyone that questions Gills role in the FA is being paranoid as corruption can never happen in the biggest and richest league in the world right ?........ just happens everywhere else but here.

Comments

• zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Might make up for the fact that Bernstein is a City fan :D
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    did you think it stunk when Arsenals David Dein held the same position?
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prepare for outrage on the thread.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More outrage before research.

OP, before you make an almighty fool of yourself, research previous occupants in the role and their affiliations.

As zeiler alludes to - research the current FA Chairman - you'll learn something too.

Just why won't the press do anything about all this Walter White? Surely there is a conflict of interest in this position?
  • EyeQuotientEyeQuotient Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dumbest thread since Mancini was on the scene.
  • Walter WhiteWalter White Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did you think it stunk when Arsenals David Dein held the same position?

Yes it does stink ............ do people really deny theres a conflict of interests ?

One day hopefully someone will dig and get to the dirt ,pretty much every other league in Europe has had corruption issues , but the good old PL is to good for all that corruption malarky.

If people believe there isn't any shady dealings going on in our game you're in cloud cuckoo land , theres evidence most weeks the refs are in certain peoples pockets.
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    Yes it does stink ............ do people really deny theres a conflict of interests ?

One day hopefully someone will dig and get to the dirt ,pretty much every other league in Europe has had corruption issues , but the good old PL is to good for all that corruption malarky.

If people believe there isn't any shady dealings going on in our game you're in cloud cuckoo land , theres evidence most weeks the refs are in certain peoples pockets.

well its just an outrage isn't it. Im surprised you're calm enough to post about it.

Scandalous, Disgusting, Its all a fix i tell you and other such daily mail'isms
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    The clue is in the last line of the OPs statement.

He's been on the FA Board for six years?! Why the outrage now?

He's not involved in disciplinary matters - it's no great shakes.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Referees being inconsistent isn't evidence of corruption, it's natural inconsistency. Human nature to make mistakes and be subconsciously influenced as they are.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    The clue is in the last line of the OPs statement.

He's been on the FA Board for six years?! Why the outrage now?

He's not involved in disciplinary matters - it's no great shakes.

Exactly its not like he has been thrown in at the deep end, he has earnt his stripes - he has plenty of experience for the job.
    Six years on the board is a long time.

All the outrage - do me a favour. :rolleyes:
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Exactly its not like he has been thrown in at the deep end, he has earnt his stripes - he has plenty of experience for the job.
    Six years on the board is a long time.

All the outrage - do me a favour. :rolleyes:

The Manchester Evening News website will be carnage :D

Whoever they appoint would be football savvy and therefore have some allegiance somewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FA is all Men in Suits who put their own interests ahead of the best interests of the game
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As mentoned, why no outrage at Bernstein, Dein, Barwick, Rick Parry etc holding influential positions?

MUFC = Hated. Adored. Never Ignored.
  • Walter WhiteWalter White Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zmiler7 wrote: »
    FA is all Men in Suits who put their own interests ahead of the best interests of the game

Someone agrees with me , sort of , i think ? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone agrees with me , sort of , i think ? ;)

Well sort of i mean you'd hope whoever becomes FA Vice Chairman is impartial.

As impartial as Gary Neville being co-commentator at Man Utd games. ;)
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Zmiler7 wrote: »
    Well sort of i mean you'd hope whoever becomes FA Vice Chairman is impartial.

As impartial as Gary Neville being co-commentator at Man Utd games. ;)

And as impartial as Nial Quinn being co-commentator at Man Utd games ;) of course that is never a problem.

And of course the vice chairman role has never been a problem until the role goes to the Man Utd guy, no mention of the previous club men in the role but now suddenly it's a problem.

Laughable.
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dumbest thread since Mancini was on the scene.

haha... pretty much sums the thread up to me.
  • mel1213mel1213 Posts: 8,642
    Forum Member
    Stop press: Man on FA board finally gets promotion after 6 years ... not seeing the issue here
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cant say i am surprised.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just realised that this Walter White is not the infinitely more sensible walterwhite. And the world makes sense again.