Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Is it the classic Holidays are Coming ad with the trucks?
    The new tune they did sucks balls :mad:

It's still Holidays Are Coming but I don't know if it's a new remix or not; it seemed quite short, they could have cut it down to size this year. The Xmas advert that stood out for me tonight was the new Iceland ad, with the original version of Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka as the soundtrack.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the John Lewis ad tonight - another classic song murdered. And so snowmen can shop in John Lewis now? :rolleyes:

Can't believe some people cried watching this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Saw the John Lewis ad tonight - another classic song murdered. And so snowmen can shop in John Lewis now? :rolleyes:

Can't believe some people cried watching this!

I just hate the sheer length of it full stop.

Utter gobsh***
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    Amazon - "Connecting your mouse to your front door is our moon landing. Creating Kindle, our 4 minute mile."
    Load of pretentious crap! GO AWAY! :mad:

We ordered a Kindle Fire and paid nearly £10 for express 24 hour Delivery, it arrived 5 days later! and they cant track your item at Amazon so we had no idea where our parcel was or when it would arrive, luckily my husband had the week off work so was in for it.
    Forum Member
    I am glad to see that the unfunny and repetetive DIRECT LINE ads have had the axe, and have been replaced with not as annoying, but still very naff, shots of about 1000 people in a row with spanners in their hands. An improvement.

Hopefully Churchill and his Spitting Image- Martin Clunes will be going in the advert bin soon, I am sick of his face repeatedly appearing, it's going to break my TV!

And Gocompare...I just want to :cry: every time it comes on, in a sort of "What is the world coming to" fashion. Super annoying, beyond belief.

I blame you, Sue Barker! Your shot was way off! You missed! :mad::D
    Forum Member
    Amazon - "Connecting your mouse to your front door is our moon landing. Creating Kindle, our 4 minute mile."
    Load of pretentious crap! GO AWAY! :mad:

My least favourite bit is "something something, OUR LIGHTBULB"

WHAT THE HELL?! :mad:

Oh, and the new colgate ad with the fake people and the fake diagrams in the fake studio with the bint and the blood on her floss makes me want to throw objects around. Never fails to annoy.
    Well done, colgate. Not buying you again.
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvbox wrote: »
    I am glad to see that the unfunny and repetetive DIRECT LINE ads have had the axe, and have been replaced with not as annoying, but still very naff, shots of about 1000 people in a row with spanners in their hand. An improvement.

Hopefully Churchill and his Spitting Image- Martin Clunes will be going in the advert bin soon, I am sick of his face repeatedly appearing, it's going to break my TV!

And Gocompare...I just want to :cry: every time it comes on, in a sort of "What is the world coming to" fashion. Super annoying, beyond belief.

I blame you, Sue Barker! Your shot was way off! You missed! :mad::D

I thought you were going to state the awful 'spanner' one was going to be axed, as soon as the phone starts ringing which is just about every ad break on a weekend here, I'm reaching for the mute button :mad:
    Forum Member
    conceptas wrote: »
    I thought you were going to state the awful 'spanner' one was going to be axed, as soon as the phone starts ringing which is just about every ad break on a weekend here, I'm reaching for the mute button :mad:

But the ones with that pointless guy and/or a stupid couple with their sleeping bag were dreadful, unfunny and repetetive.

The music for the spanner one is quite bad, too, so I agree. But i prefer it to the previous ones.

But Churchill though, OH NO,
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw an ad for (I think) Ariel liquitabs (what an awful name) with some bloke in a white shirt getting ready for a night on the pull. I think it was supposed to be amusing but it wasn't.

Presumably Proctor and Gamble did a bit of market research and discovered that not enough arrogant tossers were buying their product.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    "Hello, is it me your'e looking for..." (Lionel Ritchie song) Woman in a toystore.
    This advert makes me mad because the toy featured is the dreaded Furby. It was all the rage when my kids were younger and they wanted one.
    It was the biggest let down toy ever and a waste of their savings.
    In the advert we see the silly woman with her trolley walk past shelves of toys that are worth so much more fun for a kid.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BETVICTOR, at least I think that's what it is. The utter, utter plonker in the cowboy hat. Jeez, I could happily jump through the TV screen and murder him.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I see Delia and Heston on my screen again, I'm going to throw something at the TV! I have to put up with Waitrose's Christmas crap for the next 7 BLOODY WEEKS! :mad:
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I see Delia and Heston on my screen again, I'm going to throw something at the TV! I have to put up with Waitrose's Christmas crap for the next 7 BLOODY WEEKS! :mad:

Amen to this:mad: HATE it too,
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Is it the classic Holidays are Coming ad with the trucks?
    The new tune they did sucks balls :mad:

I like the classic advert. I HATED the one with the little girl growing up through the ages and then at the end she was a grandma taking her granddaughter to see the creepy CGI pedo Santa.

Anyone seen the ad for Smyths toy store with the little girl saying they are open until late for Christmas? Caught it yesterday, almost threw something at the TV screen to get it off..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    BETVICTOR, at least I think that's what it is. The utter, utter plonker in the cowboy hat. Jeez, I could happily jump through the TV screen and murder him.

'Next stop..Vay-Guss' :D
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacamo

Sizes exclusive to Jacamo? WTF?

PIE-EATER XXL?
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    Jacamo

Sizes exclusive to Jacamo? WTF?

PIE-EATER XXL?

Lol, dont forget you can get "freddie flintoffs range" that someone else has designed.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ipad piano ad, if you've heared it more than once you'll know what I mean.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    I hate Apples smug ads with MY heart and soul
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »

I just think of Tom Hanks in Big whenever I see it.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Ariel .... John's taken up Golf .... I don't know any sensible golfer who dresses like that :rolleyes:
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    I just think of Tom Hanks in Big whenever I see it.

I know exactly what you're talking about (I loved that scene when I was younger!). :)
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    tvbox wrote: »
    Oh, and the new colgate ad with the fake people and the fake diagrams in the fake studio with the bint and the blood on her floss makes me want to throw objects around. Never fails to annoy.
    Well done, colgate. Not buying you again.

I find most ads put me off buying their products.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I'm Hector Riva, welcome to my world". The seventh circle of Hell?

"You're so moneysupermarket, you don't even know it". What is that even supposed to mean?
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,130
    Forum Member
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Saw an ad for (I think) Ariel liquitabs (what an awful name) with some bloke in a white shirt getting ready for a night on the pull. I think it was supposed to be amusing but it wasn't.

Presumably Proctor and Gamble did a bit of market research and discovered that not enough arrogant tossers were buying their product.

Probably the same ad agency who did those awful "WKD" ads
This discussion has been closed.