Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,535
    Forum Member
    The father of footballers Gary and Phil Neville has been arrested on suspicion of indecent assault.

The BBC understands that Neville Neville has been arrested by Greater Manchester Police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21944683
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiger2000 wrote: »

The seriousness aside, who would call their child Neville Neville ?
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    The seriousness aside, who would call their child Neville Neville ?

Magnus Magnusson?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Pettifor ‏@tpettifor
    Scotland Yard announce top level review into concerns raised by DCI Clive Driscoll in Mirror today

Pettifor is Mirror's crime correspondent.
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sound familiar?
    “He tended to pick people who were vulnerable, who he knew wouldn’t speak out..."

“This was the late sixties, and what we now think of as rape or sexual assault didn’t quite mean the same thing in that age of sexual awakening,”

“I believe it is important to uncover what happened, including who abused students, as well as who knew about it (at the time, and afterwards) and did not take the proper action.”

The Master:
    A charismatic teacher enthralled his students. Was he abusing them?
    by Marc Fisher
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eleven men are arrested by Savile inquiry detectives... but just THREE will be charged in £1million operation criticised by some as 'a celebrity witch-hunt'
    Police believe there will be insufficient evidence to charge most of the suspects
    Former BBC producer William De'Ath was released without charge
    Speculation mounting that comedian Freddie Starr will not be charged

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2299621/Jimmy-Savile-inquiry-Eleven-men-arrested-detectives--just-THREE-charged-1million-operation-criticised-celebrity-witch-hunt.html#ixzz2OisBMumj
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,800
    Forum Member
    In the calm before the storm...something struck be about the Yewtree and HMIC reports.

Those reports were produced amongst much online speculation that Jimmy Savile was the head of a national of paedophile ring delivering children to the powerful and well known, but their appears to be no supporting evidence in the reports.

Yewtree recieved 450 claims relating to Jimmy Savile via 12 'pathways' ie children's charities, ITV, BBC, media, police, NHS etc. With so many organisations involved it would be impossible to operate a cover up, without the whistle being blown.

Yewtree states, 'victims' accounts show that offences were normally opportunistic' that there was no clear evidence Savile operated within a paedophile ring, although he may have been part of an informal network.

The examples given in the reports show Savile acting alone, and mostly they are one-offs ie. there is no further contact. There appears to be no claims of Savile transporting children across country for others to abuse.

With 600 claims collated by Yewtree there appears not to have been a coordinated local or national paedophile ring.

(I'm aware of the cub scout and Leisha Brookes media claims and am suprised they don't seem to feature in the Yewtree, HMIC or CPS reports as evidence of a ring operating.)
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sound familiar?

The Master:
    A charismatic teacher enthralled his students. Was he abusing them?
    by Marc Fisher
    A certain well known songwriter (of musicals)'s dad was guilty of this and actually died of rectal injuries from getting one of his students to...well, I think you can guess the rest.
    Forum Member
    While I'm here....

Was anyone else disturbed by some of the sources of evidence Drusilla Sharpling, author of the HMIC report seemed to take as fact? I'm concerned as she was formerly a chief prosecutor for the Crown Prosecution Service.

In one instance she appears to say she read it on the internet so it's likely to be true...
    ...a short search of the internet reveals that there are newspaper reports indicating Savile was interviewed by West Yorkshire Police in 1958; that he was scheduled to appear in court regarding allegations that he was in some way involved in the sexual abuse of young girls;

I was left thinking she was referring to reports in the press at the time, but later she states...
    National and local newspapers (both in hard copy form and in their on-line editions) have reported allegations about Savile dating back as far as 1958 – when it is claimed he was interviewed under caution by West Yorkshire Police.

Which looks like current newspapers possibly reporting what they have read on a shape shifting lizard website, without any investigation by those papers?

Only this week the Sun reported a police investigation, but the next day the Mail reported the police completely denied the story.
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm becoming more interested in Moor Larkins Blogs.
    http://jimcannotfixthis.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/exposition-pt4.html

Moor linked to a daily Mirror Article 30th Sep 12
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-savile-documentary-tv-star-1351439

Taken from the article.

Victim 1: He violated me in worst way possible

It was meant to be the trip of a lifetime... to see the bright lights of London.

But it turned into a nightmare for a young woman of 20 who claims she was raped by Sir Jimmy Savile.

The Top Of The Pops star invited her and a friend to stay with him at his London council flat. But in the middle of the night, the woman, now in her 60s, claims Jimmy climbed on top of her while she slept and started having sex with her. She woke up suddenly to find him attacking her.

Traumatised by that night in 1965, she hasn’t breathed a word of it since. She is not part of the TV documentary but has bravely agreed to speak for the first time about her terrible ordeal to the*Sunday Mirror. The woman, whose *identity we are protecting, said: “Even now I can still remember Jimmy lying on top of me. He *violated me in the worst way possible and I’ll *never forget it.

“I was so shocked because the rest of the weekend he had been so friendly and fun. We had gone to the Top Of The Pops studio.

In 1965 Top of the Pops was recorded in a converted church on Dickinson Road, Rusholme Manchester.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_in_Manchester

The first edition of Top of the Pops was broadcast on New Year's Day 1964 from the studio,[13] and Yorkshire host Jimmy Savile stated: "anything they didn't want to do in London, they slung up into this old church. And, of course, they didn't want anything to do with pop music so that was our place".[14] But when viewing figures took off the BBC decided that the pop show had to be broadcast from London, although it remained based in Manchester for three years before moving to Lime Grove Studios in west London in 1967.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Whatever the truth is about Jimmy Savile, I for one am grateful to the programme and the subsequent exposure of his brother Johnny being sacked for gross misconduct for groping, mauling, and/or raping a female patient at Springfield Hospital in 1979. I was raped by him too but did not report it then, for the usual reasons. I do however, have documentary evidence that I complained about it in 1991 and on several ocassions subsequently during the next twenty years. I reported him to the police twice too, but they did not seem very interested. It was only after he was named and shamed in the press, and I was interviewed by officers from Operation Yewtree that anyone at Springfield gave a toss. Since then they have been leaning over backwards to assure me that they take complaints about being raped more seriously these days instead of assuming, as they used to, that complaining about it is a typical symptom of mental illness, as a friend of mine who tried to help me was told in 1991.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm becoming more interested in Moor Larkins Blogs.
    http://jimcannotfixthis.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/exposition-pt4.html

Moor linked to a daily Mirror Article 30th Sep 12
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-savile-documentary-tv-star-1351439

Taken from the article.

Victim 1: He violated me in worst way possible

It was meant to be the trip of a lifetime... to see the bright lights of London.

But it turned into a nightmare for a young woman of 20 who claims she was raped by Sir Jimmy Savile.

The Top Of The Pops star invited her and a friend to stay with him at his London council flat. But in the middle of the night, the woman, now in her 60s, claims Jimmy climbed on top of her while she slept and started having sex with her. She woke up suddenly to find him attacking her.

Traumatised by that night in 1965, she hasn’t breathed a word of it since. She is not part of the TV documentary but has bravely agreed to speak for the first time about her terrible ordeal to the*Sunday Mirror. The woman, whose *identity we are protecting, said: “Even now I can still remember Jimmy lying on top of me. He *violated me in the worst way possible and I’ll *never forget it.

“I was so shocked because the rest of the weekend he had been so friendly and fun. We had gone to the Top Of The Pops studio.

In 1965 Top of the Pops was recorded in a converted church on Dickinson Road, Rusholme Manchester.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_in_Manchester

The first edition of Top of the Pops was broadcast on New Year's Day 1964 from the studio,[13] and Yorkshire host Jimmy Savile stated: "anything they didn't want to do in London, they slung up into this old church. And, of course, they didn't want anything to do with pop music so that was our place".[14] But when viewing figures took off the BBC decided that the pop show had to be broadcast from London, although it remained based in Manchester for three years before moving to Lime Grove Studios in west London in 1967.

The same thought jumped into my head when reading it.
    Forum Member
    Don't know if people have seen this today....
    The family of a BBC journalist who apparently killed himself after complaining about harassment have said they feel the corporation let him down.

Russell Joslin, a reporter for the BBC Coventry and Warwickshire local radio station, made three complaints about a senior (female) colleague (A) spanning four years before his death in October 2012.
    The (BBC) report describes how Joslin became increasingly troubled at the height of the Savile scandal in October.

He was "seriously troubled and agitated" after reading comments in the Sunday newspapers about sexual harassment made by the individual he had concerns about, according to the report.

Extract from the BBC report
    8.2 Folowing the news surrounding Jimmy Savile in October 2012, Russell was very upset to read comments in the Sunday newspapers about alleged sexual harassment made by the individual who he himself had concerns about. He was also being approached by print journalists who had made a link with him and Colleague A.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    When parliament lowered the age of consent for homosexuals from 21 to 18, Edwina had proposed the age be lowered to 16.

Has Edwina be questioned by police about giving the keys of Brooadmoor to Jimmy Savile?

(BIB) And that's evidence of what, exactly? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirror reporting new investigation following its front page article yesterday
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/paedo-mp-cover-up-claim-police-1787514#.UVLHlw8lM7g.twitter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    When parliament lowered the age of consent for homosexuals from 21 to 18, Edwina had proposed the age be lowered to 16.
    Has Edwina be questioned by police about giving the keys of Brooadmoor to Jimmy Savile?

Broadmoor aside as thats a whole other matter , the age being lowered to 16 was what many others thought it should be as well, equal to that of heterosexual sex, now if she had said 12 or 13 there should be raised eyebrows and questions , but all she said was make it equal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Support services being cut
    http://davidhencke.wordpress.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever the truth is about Jimmy Savile, I for one am grateful to the programme and the subsequent exposure of his brother Johnny being sacked for gross misconduct for groping, mauling, and/or raping a female patient at Springfield Hospital in 1979. I was raped by him too but did not report it then, for the usual reasons. I do however, have documentary evidence that I complained about it in 1991 and on several ocassions subsequently during the next twenty years. I reported him to the police twice too, but they did not seem very interested. It was only after he was named and shamed in the press, and I was interviewed by officers from Operation Yewtree that anyone at Springfield gave a toss. Since then they have been leaning over backwards to assure me that they take complaints about being raped more seriously these days instead of assuming, as they used to, that complaining about it is a typical symptom of mental illness, as a friend of mine who tried to help me was told in 1991.

I'd be interested to know how helpful/unhelpful supportive/not supportive the Yewtree officers were, if you're OK talking about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    A lot of people tweeting under the name #Paedobritain today.
    Forum Member
    How The Sun fixed it for Jimmy Savile in 2007.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/16250/The-Sun-fixes-it-for-Jim.html

The HMIC report says The Sun was approached by a woman with allegations about Jimmy Savile, but instead The Sun wrote...
    So, we’ve combined his two loves by hiring the Pink Rolls Royce Company in Brighton....

Of course, Jimmy has another big love in his life — cigars. So a trip to his favourite tobacco shop in London was an obvious destination.

And what Sun Fix It would be complete without a visit from two of our very own Page 3 girls to hand over a special Sun Fixed It For Me medallion.

The Sun joked about him being picked up outside a massage parlour and at the end the article there's this....
    Then it’s time for Jimmy to head off to Stoke Mandeville to work his magic on the hospital’s patients.
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Broadmoor aside as thats a whole other matter , the age being lowered to 16 was what many others thought it should be as well, equal to that of heterosexual sex, now if she had said 12 or 13 there should be raised eyebrows and questions , but all she said was make it equal.

As I tried to show previously, in the 1960's, somethings were completely outlawed which are now legal, while at the same time there were no laws for things that are now

For example having inappropriate pictures of children was not illegal. I think it was not till 1978 that it was illegal to take inappropriate photos of children.

Although the hetrosexual age of consent was 16, the 1960 Children's Act only made certain things a crime if the child was 14 or younger.

There appears to have been discussions (1970's/80's) whether to bridge the gap by lowering the age of consent to 14. That's why the age 14 was mentioned in debates.

Coming back to the present time, although illegal so far I haven't found any prosecutions for a male having consentual sex with another male aged 16 to 18. Either they are abstaining or the authorities are turning a blind eye?
    Forum Member
    Looks like 1960 Act still applies, from the Surrey Police report into their investigation regarding one of the allegations at Duncroft...
    Police have confirmed via the CPS Head of Trials Unit that the only relevant offence that may have been committed was under S.1 Indecency with Children Act 1960. However, this offence is only applicable if committed against a child under the age of 14yrs therefore it is reasonable to conclude Ms D was not a victim of crime in the event she describes. She was of course a victim of Savile’s inappropriate behaviour.

Might explain why historic cases featured in the press are of people said to have been 14 years old at the time?
This discussion has been closed.