Options

Jessie J - Anyone Find Her Cringy?

2»

Comments

• Options
    coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jessie J is one of the best female vocalist of this generation! For me she is the white version of Beyonce!

She rocks! the Bang Bang single was just so powerful and it was so her!

STOP HATING :)
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    Jessie J is one of the best female vocalist of this generation! For me she is the white version of Beyonce!

She rocks! the Bang Bang single was just so powerful and it was so her!

STOP HATING :)

Don't waste your breath. Trying to stick up for Jessie J on this forum will only earn you ridicule.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vagbreath wrote: »
    This is the funniest post I've ever seen on this forum.

Whilst this one being the most patronising
  • Options
    coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Can I second that! Before she had commercial success I heard JJ singing normally and she does have a fairly decent voice. Why she has to screech out every tune now I don't know?

because she can!

comparing her to other female artist in UK, she is far better!

she rocks
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    because she can!

she rocks

What an unoriginal and yet childish comeback

It's like being in the playground. "I know you are, but what am i"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    She's awful. I really wanted to like her at first, I was excited by the prospect of big british female pop star to rival rihanna, katy etc.

However she's utterly obnoxious and has managed to completely rub people up the wrong way. She was terrible on the voice, and seemed to have a very inflated sense of her position and stature within the music industry.

Although her vocal range is impressive, she seems to have taken lessons from the Christina Aguilera school of over-singing and, for me at least, makes most of her performances unwatchable.

The final nail in the coffin for me was the Olympics when she performed with Queen. WHO in their right mind Air guitars in front of Brian f*cking May?? Good grief, it was painful.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because she can!

she rocks

So she screeches just because she can, even if it doesn't add anything to the song? Sounds to me like the signs of a not-very-good singer.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vdp2791 wrote: »
    She's awful. I really wanted to like her at first, I was excited by the prospect of big british female pop star to rival rihanna, katy etc.

However she's utterly obnoxious and has managed to completely rub people up the wrong way. She was terrible on the voice, and seemed to have a very inflated sense of her position and stature within the music industry.

Although her vocal range is impressive, she seems to have taken lessons from the Christina Aguilera school of over-singing and, for me at least, makes most of her performances unwatchable.

The final nail in the coffin for me was the Olympics when she performed with Queen. WHO in their right mind Air guitars in front of Brian f*cking May?? Good grief, it was painful.

That was so embarassing when she did that.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll get a lot more respect if she a) comes out (and no messing this time, just come out ffs), b) works with some decent songwriters.

Jessie is simply too fake for most people's liking. She CAN sing, no-one can deny that. It's the whole package that doesn't work. Her look and the attitude, it never seems like it's who she really is. Though who knows, she may not have got anywhere if she'd never put it on. It didn't help that 'Do It Like A Dude' was written for Rihanna, so then when given to Jessie it was pretty false, and things spiralled from there! :D
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HATE her with a Passion
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her screeching throughout her songs does my head in. My cousin once worked as her assistant and found her pretty obnoxious.
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    She is so arrogant.

She said in an interview she wants to focus on the US because nobody in the UK appreciates her voice. Huh?

She had a girlfriend and admitted to being bisexual but as soon as she wanted to take on the US she said it was just a "phase" and insulted her gay fanbase.

Plus this video alone makes her absolutely insufferable -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7r8rxhxdQ8

Throw in the endless Instagram videos of her singing in the studio, the humble-arrogance Tweets ("Usher just text me to say I had a brilliant voice and I was really talented, wow"), the self written song "Who's Laughing Now" ("oh my God babe your voice is like wow" directed to herself), the constant criticism of people who want her autograph and ask for pictures with her and the oversinging and horrific music she releases and she's absolutely annoying as hell.

this pretty much sums her up .
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She comes across as fake and desperate. It's a shame as I like her voice and her first and third albums are good (the second was terrible though) but I have never been able to warm to her and I have outright disliked her since she suddenly decided she wasn't bisexual...the way she handled that announcement seemed really insensitive and phony at the time.
  • Options
    Kirsty_Jones90Kirsty_Jones90 Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found her first album quite bland but i do like Bang bang. Did not mind her that much on The Voice, she came across a bit arrogant but honest too and not as bland as that guy from the Script.
  • Options
    shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From an American viewpoint (where we barely know her aside from the Olympics maybe, and the hellishly awkward award show (MTV?) where she sat on the throne with the broken foot), she seems really desperate for fame. And arrogant. It's not a great look.
    I think her supporters in the industry put all their weight behind her and pushed. And nothing happened.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a total ********. If she disappeared off the face of the earth tomorrow (we live in hope) it would make no difference to the music industry cos her output is as bland, throwaway and predictable as the next person. Her place would be filled immediately.
    Has she got ADHD btw?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Is it cos she's black?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are very hostile. Geeze. Some of you need to calm down. She's a pop star for Christ's sake. Her singing doesn't affect your life so these knee-jerk reactions toward her are kind of pathetic. I get not liking her voice, but "hating" her? You don't even know her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    People are very hostile. Geeze. Some of you need to calm down. She's a pop star for Christ's sake. Her singing doesn't affect your life so these knee-jerk reactions toward her are kind of pathetic. I get not liking her voice, but "hating" her? You don't even know her.

Its like a pack of vultutes it's crazy. You'd think she'd killed someone or something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Its like a pack of vultutes it's crazy. You'd think she'd killed someone or something.

It's very strange. They don't like her voice so they attack her character? Doesn't make any sense.

The comments that make me laugh though are the ones about her being desperate and taking herself too seriously. She's a singer. She should take herself seriously otherwise why would anyone else? Sure she wants attention. That's her job.
  • Options
    TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found her initial gimmick and image to be immensely annoying - pulling silly faces and putting on fake accents (Do it like a dude). I mean we all know she can sing the high notes only audible by dogs and Mariah Carey but it would be great if she'd just sing the damn song.

Plus we all know bullying is a big problem and she was affected badly by bullies but referring to it in almost every song and interview got a bit boring.

But from around the time she shaved her head she seems to have grown up a lot and her music has improved. Not to the point where I'll want to buy her album but I take her a lot more seriously now. People who have a go at "Bang bang" are forgetting it's meant to be a fun song, no highly significant message behind it other than gaining exposure in America.

Oh yeah - and she's got an amazing arse ;)
  • Options
    TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    She is so arrogant.

She said in an interview she wants to focus on the US because nobody in the UK appreciates her voice. Huh?

I wouldn't call it arrogance when she admits she herself is part of the problem:
    But the 26-year-old star also admitted that she doesn't always help herself in that regard.

"Sometimes I don't know when to stop. Sometimes I should just say nothing, but I can't help myself and make some big statement when saying nothing would be much more appropriate."
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not got a problem with her personality. Like others on this thread, the annoying thing for me is that she's not very adventurous with her music despite being talented. Catchy some of it, yes but generic too. Ariana Grande is the same.
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Burnin up was awful no wonder it bombed.