Siemens Gigaset C59H Battery loss

DunnroaminDunnroamin Posts: 2,437
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I bought a four-pack of these phones from the online BT Shop about three years ago. They worked perfectly until about six months or so ago. They all finally failed more or less simultaneously, in that they do not hold their charge. It is most confusing. At first I thought it was the Maplin rechargeable batteries that were the cause, so I replaced them with Panasonic cells, but they also quickly lost their charge. I would place the phone into its charger with the charge symbol showing "Empty",and leave until the display symbol indicated it was fully charged but, the very first time I dialed a number, the phone would go dead, with the scree completely blacked out. Reinserting the phone back into its base would show the battery completely discharged again. This happens with all of the phones regardless of which charger they are in. As a final test I inserted two non rechargeable AAA's, in the space of 24 hours they too were showing 50% discharge. I now have 4 Panasonic TG8564. Can anyone tell me if cordless phone use SIM cards, if so this would save me the chore of having to enter all my phone numbers into the new phones because, I assume, simply swapping the SIM cards would transfer all the data, can anyone confirm, please.

Comments

• SteveMcKSteveMcK Posts: 5,457
    Forum Member
    They don't have SIM cards, since there's no real concept of a "subscriber". Sometimes you can transfer numbers between phonebooks from one phone to another, but that is likely to apply only for phones of the same make. It may be worth trying to pair one new phone to the existing set, to see.