• lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    Yes I was thinking about that show.

I was thinking about it this week.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Are they? When? I’d love to watch that again.

I watched Girl Meets World recently, and being a man in his early 30’s it felt somewhat inappropriate! But it was nice seeing what Cory Matthews is up to these days.
    :)

It's been on at 7:30pm a few nights a week, although they've jumped straight in at season 3 for some weird reason.

And yeah I get you, Girl Meets World is very good, and really fits the original. As long as you are watching for Topanga then it's perfectly fine!
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    It's been on at 7:30pm a few nights a week, although they've jumped straight in at season 3 for some weird reason.

And yeah I get you, Girl Meets World is very good, and really fits the original. As long as you are watching for Topanga then it's perfectly fine!

Disney Channel are all over the place with Boy Meets World.
    The week before last I watched a couple of episodes, and they were from season 1. Then I watched an episode last week and it was from season 5!?!

You would be forgiven for thinking The Vault were doing the same with Saved By The Bell as Friday’s episode was the first ever episode. However they are following the US broadcast order and this episode was in fact episode 15, despite the fact it being Slater’s first day at Bayside and Zack looking noticeably younger than in the pervious 14 epsidoes.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watching the episode where they pretend to be married for class and they were talking about taking their partner's last name.

Screech and Lisa were together and Belding asked if there were going to be the 'Turtle Powers'. :)

That would have been a great couple last name.
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    They only reason to watch this is Kelly. I mean why else would you? Because you like Zack's cheesy break the 4th wall monologues? Because you find Mr Belding's man-child routine endearing? :D Same thing with that other American teencheese programme, Sweet Valley High!
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How good was the new sketch on the Jimmy Fallon show?! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How good was the new sketch on the Jimmy Fallon show?! :D

I haven’t watched it yet (will watch it when I get home from work), but I’ve heard it’s great.

For those not aware, The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon is doing a special week of shows in LA. Last night he did a sketch claiming he actually went to Bayside High as child, which featured an almost complete Saved by the Bell cast reunion. Here’s the sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MftOONlDQac
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    I haven’t watched it yet (will watch it when I get home from work), but I’ve heard it’s great.

For those not aware, The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon is doing a special week of shows in LA. Last night he did a sketch claiming he actually went to Bayside High as child, which featured an almost complete Saved by the Bell cast reunion. Here’s the sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MftOONlDQac

I watched it this morning. My god the girls haven't changed much!! I actually thought they had taped the video together from old episodes at first and just featured him and Zack live. I thought that was very well done.

I don't think they could have brought Lisa back, as she has changed her looks so very much. And the less said about Screech the better.

Poor Mr Belding!! :o

But overall was very well done.

Loved the look Jessie gave at one of Zacks comments to her lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »

Poor Mr Belding!! :o

But overall was very well done.

Loved the look Jessie gave at one of Zacks comments to her lol.

:eek: Mr Belding, is he ill or something?

And what's happened to Lark, has she had too much cosmetic surgery?
    Forum Member

I just think he's put on weight to be honest. I haven't heard of any illness news stories.

Lark has had a LOT of surgery done.
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anyone catch the behind the hit the unauthorized saved by the bell story on movies 24 last weekend?
  • auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    pembo2004 wrote: »
    did anyone catch the behind the hit the unauthorized saved by the bell story on movies 24 last weekend?

I didn't, but if that is the one that was on YouTube then it is apparently all a figment of Dustin Diamond's imagination and why the others no longer talk to him. I think all of them have said that they don't remember anything like he portrayed - they got on well. Dustin even admitted in an interview that he made it up to get a book deal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2719409/Mark-Paul-Gosselaar-Breckin-Meyer-slam-Dustin-Diamonds-Saved-By-The-Bell-comments-promoting-Franklin-Bash.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/09/02/the-twisted-saga-of-dustin-diamond-the-actor-who-cant-outrun-screech-of-saved-by-the-bell/
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the Saved By The Bell reunion sketch last night. :) I know why we didn't see Screech or Lisa there - they WERE there, inside Mr Belding!! He'd eaten them half an hour earlier!

Honestly, Mr Belding! Never mind who ate all the pies quite clearly he eats the current and former students of that school! Is his first name Porky or what? Porky Belding.....

Loved the references to what some of them had done in the intervening years, especially Elizabeth Berkley's stripper portrayal in Showgirls .... :o:D
    Forum Member
    Dennis C wrote: »
    I watched the Saved By The Bell reunion sketch last night. :) I know why we didn't see Screech or Lisa there - they WERE there, inside Mr Belding!! He'd eaten them half an hour earlier!

Honestly, Mr Belding! Never mind who ate all the pies quite clearly he eats the current and former students of that school! Is his first name Porky or what? Porky Belding.....

Loved the references to what some of them had done in the intervening years, especially Elizabeth Berkley's stripper portrayal in Showgirls .... :o:D

That's the look I was referring too! :D
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed that sketch. I can't believe how well they al look (apart from Mr Belding!). They have pretty much not aged at all!!
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching the re-runs & actually enjoying them.I remember watching the series on & off back in the day so i wasn't too sure if I'd still enjoy it after all these years.
    pembo2004 wrote: »

I missed it but i see it's on today at 2pm onMovies24+ It's also on Saturday night at 9pm on Movies24 or 1hr later on Movies24+
    Forum Member
    gerry d wrote: »
    I've been watching the re-runs & actually enjoying them.I remember watching the series on & off back in the day so i wasn't too sure if I'd still enjoy it.

I missed it but i see it's on today at 2pm onMovies24+ It's also on Saturday night at 9pm on Movies24 or 1hr later on Movies24+

Thanks for this. I don't know if I'll watch it, because according to everyone apart from Screech, who himself later admitted his book was false. But since there is scandal in it lol, I suppose it makes it's own soap drama!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’ve seen ‘The Unauthorised Saved by the Bell Story’ movie, it premiered in the US in September. I’d recommend it to all diehard fans of the programme, but...
    Yes, it’s based on Dustin Diamond’s account of what really happened, I think he’s even an executive produce on it. So essentially it’s the story from his view point so he’s the central character in terms of the movie plot. But it includes none of the scandalous revelations he wrote in his book (which he now claims aren’t all true and were exaggerated by the ghost writer and publisher). In fact it actually portrays him as a bit of a loser. Some people say that this was his attempt at trying to make things right after the whole book ideal. Or maybe the movie just wanted to avoid being sued for liable. Who knows. Either way, what we’re left with is what some people consider to be a far more accurate account of the behind the scenes story, but equally as a result a somewhat more boring one. It was entertaining, but it told me nothing I didn’t already know as a diehard fan.

But I’d still recommend catching it on Movies24 if you like the original show, even if most fans will probably enjoy Jimmy Fallon’s reunion sketch more.
    Forum Member
    I’ve seen ‘The Unauthorised Saved by the Bell Story’ movie, it premiered in the US in September. I’d recommend it to all diehard fans of the programme, but...
    Yes, it’s based on Dustin Diamond’s account of what really happened, I think he’s even an executive produce on it. So essentially it’s the story from his view point so he’s the central character in terms of the movie plot. But it includes none of the scandalous revelations he wrote in his book (which he now claims aren’t all true and were exaggerated by the ghost writer and publisher). In fact it actually portrays him as a bit of a loser. Some people say that this was his attempt at trying to make things right after the whole book ideal. Or maybe the movie just wanted to avoid being sued for liable. Who knows. Either way, what we’re left with is what some people consider to be a far more accurate account of the behind the scenes story, but equally as a result a somewhat more boring one. It was entertaining, but it told me nothing I didn’t already know as a diehard fan.

But I’d still recommend catching it on Movies24 if you like the original show, even if most fans will probably enjoy Jimmy Fallon’s reunion sketch more.

Thanks for the review. I might just be more inclined to give it a go now :)
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed she has, I googled her to see what photos would come up, and I was amazed! What the hell happened to her? She didn't need any cosmetic surgery, she was beautiful in SBTB. Now look at her: --> http://uk.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201445/rs_634x1024-140505091849-634.Lark-Voorhies-jmd-040514_copy.jpg

As for Belding, post-SBTB, the actor just partied and partied and partied... 'Belding' got invites for personal appearances everywhere, and he just went crazy. The actor was MOST DEFINITELY NOT the cool, wise, Mr Belding that every teen wished was his or her teacher/dad/next door neighbour....
    Forum Member
    Indeed she has, I googled her to see what photos would come up, and I was amazed! What the hell happened to her? She didn't need any cosmetic surgery, she was beautiful in SBTB. Now look at her: --> http://uk.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/201445/rs_634x1024-140505091849-634.Lark-Voorhies-jmd-040514_copy.jpg

As for Belding, post-SBTB, the actor just partied and partied and partied... 'Belding' got invites for personal appearances everywhere, and he just went crazy. The actor was MOST DEFINITELY NOT the cool, wise, Mr Belding that every teen wished was his or her teacher/dad/next door neighbour....

Thanks for the photo. So sad. She was beautiful in SBTB.

Didn't know that about Mr. B
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,197
    Forum Member

I think people feel bad for her because her career kind of faulted after Showgirls. But She's been married for 10+ years in Hollywood with a kid and her husband is Greg Lauren, a Ralph Lauren heir.

Not too shabby.
  • SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just think he's put on weight to be honest. I haven't heard of any illness news stories.

Thanks for the photo. So sad. She was beautiful in SBTB.

Didn't know that about Mr. B

I don't think Lark has had any cosmetic surgery, her looks changed due to illness. She is/was suffering from Lupus which is why she looks so different now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Lark has had any cosmetic surgery, her looks changed due to illness. She is/was suffering from Lupus which is why she looks so different now.

Sad to hear she's been ill and that it has affected her physically. She doesn't look too bad just different.