Options

Nintendo Direct (April1st)

YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
Forum Member

Nintendo has announced a Nintendo Direct will take place tomorrow focusing on 3DS and Wii U releases.

The Direct is currently confirmed for both North America and Europe, when it will take place at 3pm PT / 6pm ET / 11pm GMT.

Nintendo of America has also confirmed a Nintendo Treehouse presentation will be happening after the Direct, focusing on a title due out this spring.

Though we don't know specifically what'll be on show, it's possible Nintendo has decided to show what's coming in a bid to balance the news The Legend of Zelda Wii U has been delayed to next year.

Nintendo's President Satoru Iwata recently dropped the news that a new console codenamed NX was in development during a joint announcement of its partnership with Japanese mobile gaming company DeNA.

Anyone going to watch ?

I love these types of things.

Comments

• Options
    ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    They will probably announce one big game towards the end of the show.

I am not holding my breath for anything to be honest. It's just not Nintendo, it's the whole industry not producing anything that interests me.
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always watch..but I have fairly realistic expectations.:D

With E3 just 11 weeks away, any big reveals are unlikely..certainly for Wii U anyway (we might get a title from a less popular franchise if we're very lucky. Personally I'd kill for Endless Ocean 3 ..but that's unlikely).

3DS might get a bone or two ...as far less is known about it's line-up for the second half of the year.

We should get a good look at the new Mario Kart 8 DLC, Mewtwo for Smash Bros..and new trailers for most announced games (excluding Zelda and Starfox) and new indie games. Probably a bunch more amiibo's and maybe a reveal of the new Club Nintendo as well. The Japanese Direct has an age restriction rating so I'm guessing a new Devil's Third trailer should be shown (which will be interesting as it's almost a year since it was last seen and is supposed to be much improved).

Eshop releases for this week are a bit barren so there might be a surprise launch there.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing great TBH, I will give 200cc a go in Mario Kart 8 but that's about it.

I am glad to finally see N64 and DS games hit the Wii U store though.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Was hoping for something about Ace Attorney :(
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was okay, I was slightly concerned about Iwata though, I know the man is back from surgery but he didn't look at all well. He had lost lots of weight and had a bad eye throughout the whole thing.

Recap, this is off the top of my head so sorry if I miss stuff out.

* Mewtwo & Lucas DLC for Smash Bros out soon

* New wave of Amiibos coming out, including special Splatoon ones to coincide with the games release AND a very cool looking Yarn Yoshi one actually made of wool! Animal Crossing Amiibo cards will be out for a spin off game on 3DS

* Extra look at Splatoon and Mario Maker (out in September, expect more Mario 30th anniversary treats)

* Fire Emblem on 3DS looking good

* Affordable Space Adventures, a WiiWare game that actually looks rather interesting.

*N64 & DS games coming to Virtual Console (Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, WarioWare Touched and Mario Kart DS will kick things off)

* Wii games Pandoras Tower and Sin & Punishment coming too (but they didn't seem to be cheap if I recall).

* Look at the new Mario Kart 8 DLC, plus announcement of new 200cc mode!
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Davonator wrote: »

Recap, this is off the top of my head so sorry if I miss stuff out.

MK8 DLC pack 2 to be released in April rather than May.
    * Wii games Pandoras Tower and Sin & Punishment coming too (but they didn't seem to be cheap if I recall).

£13.99 each on release which is great news for Pandoras Tower, but Sin & Punishment can be bought brand new cheaper on Amazon.
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am tempted by pandora's tower as never played it but own sin and punishment on wii
    looking forward to yoshi's wooly world and new fire emblem