Comments

• cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    Indeed I do...

BBC News 10pm 4.47m 23.1%
    ITV News 3.7m 19.9%
    Agenda 1.1m 8.8% though it was steadily dropping throughout and finished with 731k
    Question Time 2.6m 22.7%

I don't get Sky News figures.

That's great thank you. I don't see the point of ITV wasting The Agenda opposite Question Time.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    That's great thank you. I don't see the point of ITV wasting The Agenda opposite Question Time.
    It did alright though to be fair. That was probably their highest rated post NaT programme of the week, despite being a difficult genre and scheduled opposite another current affairs show on a bigger channel, not to mention the post debate analysis on the news channels.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The endless stop atart scheduling has pretty much killed Marvels Agent of SHIELD on CH4
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The endless stop atart scheduling has pretty much killed Marvels Agent of SHIELD on CH4

A lot of the die hard Marvel fans watch it online
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very surprised at that Eurovision rating, usually stuff like that would pick up a decent figure as the least worst option, particularly with Bear Grylls targeting a certain audience and not being something you could really watch for the first time.

Where did the mainstream older audience go last night? Was there a Midsomer Murders on ITV3?

Very rare for BBC1 to drop below 2m, particularly when the programme was neither a) against a massive big hitter and b) wasn't very dry PSB programming
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    What do we think TVUK might get tonight? Judging by last nights BBC1 ratings it could be in trouble.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    I'm very surprised at that Eurovision rating, usually stuff like that would pick up a decent figure as the least worst option, particularly with Bear Grylls targeting a certain audience and not being something you could really watch for the first time.

Where did the mainstream older audience go last night? Was there a Midsomer Murders on ITV3?

Very rare for BBC1 to drop below 2m, particularly when the programme was neither a) against a massive big hitter and b) wasn't very dry PSB programming

Remember Eurovision: Your Country Needs You? 2010 or 2011, also on a Friday night around this time? That averaged 2.4m and won the slot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    What do we think TVUK might get tonight? Judging by last nights BBC1 ratings it could be in trouble.

Worst possible rating will be about 5 million

Best possible rating will be 7 million up wards
    Forum Member
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    I could see the final matching last year and so 6.6m was my best shout for the RPG.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That isn't CH4's fault, the only way they could have avoided the stop/start was if they didn't start the series until January this year. If they had done that they would have lost viewers anyway because some of the impatient fans of the show would have watched it at US pace (possibly more than do now). So they had no choice but to show it as close to the US broadcast as they could but then that caused the big time gap. They may have been better off filling the 8pm slot with Agent Carter rather than the gap but who knows.

I think Ch4 have treated Shield pretty well really, it isn't their fault people are not watching it nor their fault they have the gap nor their fault impatient people have to watch it at US pace lowering the potential Ch4 figure.

I hope they move it to E4 rather than axing it altogether (although my preference would be that if there is a series 3 it is also on channel 4 because i really like the show).

Although you don't actually say it is channel 4s fault in your post :D
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    That isn't CH4's fault, the only way they could have avoided the stop/start was if they didn't start the series until January this year. If they had done that they would have lost viewers anyway because some of the impatient fans of the show would have watched it at US pace (possibly more than do now). So they had no choice but to show it as close to the US broadcast as they could but then that caused the big time gap. They may have been better off filling the 8pm slot with Agent Carter rather than the gap but who knows.

I think Ch4 have treated Shield pretty well really, it isn't their fault people are not watching it nor their fault they have the gap nor their fault impatient people have to watch it at US pace lowering the potential Ch4 figure.

I hope they move it to E4 rather than axing it altogether (although my preference would be that if there is a series 3 it is also on channel 4 because i really like the show).

Although you don't actually say it is channel 4s fault in your post :D
    Of course it's not C4's fault that they bought into this fallacy that fast-tracking is the best course of action.

I just hope the mistake is learned from and that goes for other major channels as well. January-May is how major fall US series should be scheduled in this country to maximise ratings, and there is now ample evidence to support that claim.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Remember Eurovision: Your Country Needs You? 2010 or 2011, also on a Friday night around this time? That averaged 2.4m and won the slot.

Didn't Coronation Street strangle it for the first half hour? Can you remember what else was on that night please? :blush:

EDIT: It was 2010.

SECOND EDIT: Instead of asking I could have Googled it from the off.

BBC One: Your Country Needs You 2.9m
    BBC Two: Mastercrafts 2.2m
    ITV: Michael Winner's Dining Stars 2.3m
    Channel 4: Embarrassing Bodies 2.9m
    Channel 5: The Mentalist 2.4m

All figures exclude +1. This is for the night of Friday 12th March 2010.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A thin night for BBC1. Time was Good Friday had Christmas style treatment for its schedule. Yesterday though only two nods to difference -David Suchet at 9.00am and the Eurovision extravaganza.

That Eurovision rating is quite startling, a huge amount of work pretty much abandoned by the viewing public. Presumably it makes Good Friday even less relevant for altered/standout programming and I wonder if that trend will continue over the holiday.

Thin too for the soaps, though Coronation Street the more comfortable, not sure that Eastenders has enough remaining hold on the nation to stand a spin off show.

Overall though, tv bosses will be hoping these performances on as early as a wet Good Friday wont herald an even poorer summer than is usual.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    The Agenda never aired on STV till 11.05

So that poor Agenda rating is inflated and includes both STV and UTV tonight programmes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    A thin night for BBC1. Time was Good Friday had Christmas style treatment for its schedule. Yesterday though only two nods to difference -David Suchet at 9.00am and the Eurovision extravaganza.

That Eurovision rating is quite startling, a huge amount of work pretty much abandoned by the viewing public. Presumably it makes Good Friday even less relevant for altered/standout programming and I wonder if that trend will continue over the holiday.

Thin too for the soaps, though Coronation Street the more comfortable, not sure that Eastenders has enough remaining hold on the nation to stand a spin off show.

Overall though, tv bosses will be hoping these performances on as early as a wet Good Friday wont herald an even poorer summer than is usual.

I wonder if the bbc would have been better airing The Ark on Good Friday and The Eurovision show after the Voice final tonight but I doubt the BBC thought it would have been that low last night
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem with the Eurovision show was that it was too niche. I'd be interested to see if people tuned in for the beginning but then turned over. Who really wants to see the likes of Bobbysocks and Herreys, or random people like Rosa or Dima Bilan? Understandable that they had to get a mix of countries and eras, but if they had been making the show for an exclusively UK audience they would've had a very different line-up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    So that poor Agenda rating is inflated and includes both STV and UTV tonight programmes.

Yeah I suppose it is
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

The fact that it's pretty rubbish is probably more of a factor tbh.
  • ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are Barb boxholders allowed to go on holiday at Easter. :D
  • PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im think maybe The voice will get 7.5m peak 8m maybe?

Regards
    P
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That second series of Thunderbirds was actually commissioned months ago (last year sometime). I recall it being reported on here.

The logic was that computer animation takes a long time to create - not like normal drama with actors. And once they had sold to enough countries they did not want to have a 2 - 3 year gap between series - so gave the go ahead as soon as it was financially credible to do so to ensure some new episodes could be ready for Spring 2016.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're going on about a surprise for tonight's SNT... Robbie Williams anyone? :)
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and Louis Walsh... Scrapping the barrel again, I see.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Of course it's not C4's fault that they bought into this fallacy that fast-tracking is the best course of action.

I just hope the mistake is learned from and that goes for other major channels as well. January-May is how major fall US series should be scheduled in this country to maximise ratings, and there is now ample evidence to support that claim.

I agree, it is just a shame all the impatient "fans" moan and complain that we are behind the US... they are also the same people who then complain when there is a break! Personally I would rather wait and watch it all without a break. It usually means we end up watching the final episodes at roughly the same time anyway (e.g Revenge and Nashville used to be like that, although I am not sure what More4 are doing with Nashville this year....)
  • marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the eurovison figures include Red button viewers because i watched it on that so i could sing a long with the lyrics being shown
This discussion has been closed.