HBO Game Of Thrones S05 (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Glad to hear Season 5 is now being (mostly) simulcast in the UK as well. I'm up at those hours anyway, so I can get involved with that.

I only started watching the show last summer, binged all four seasons. I'd been interested for a while, and it was the amount of talk about the show around me that urged me to hurry up as I was hearing certain names so frequently I was picking up spoilers without even having watched before! It's why I felt Sky's initial decision was a very poor one - a premium TV network should offer that kind of premium service.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I re-watched episode 8, 9 and 10 (of season four) the other night - things escalated so quickly! It sets up season five nicely.

I do miss Oberyn :( . Characters I'm wondering what they are up to ... Walder Frey, Edmure Tully, Brynden Tully and Gendry.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do miss Oberyn :(

He will always be my champion.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Don't forget there's likely to be a week gap in that though.
    There isn't. Episode 7 will air over Memorial Day weekend like normal, they won't skip it like they did the last 2 years.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    There isn't. Episode 7 will air over Memorial Day weekend like normal, they won't skip it like they did the last 2 years.

Ooh good, no breaks.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I re-watched episode 8, 9 and 10 (of season four) the other night - things escalated so quickly! It sets up season five nicely.

I do miss Oberyn :( . Characters I'm wondering what they are up to ... Walder Frey, Edmure Tully, Brynden Tully and Gendry.

I'll be pissed off if we just hear that Walder Frey dies off screen as an old man or something... He needs to die the most awful death and I need to be able to see it with my own eyes... THE NORTH REMEMBERS!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be pissed off if we just hear that Walder Frey dies off screen as an old man or something... He needs to die the most awful death and I need to be able to see it with my own eyes... THE NORTH REMEMBERS!!

Oh I definitely agree with that.

It's funny when I watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets since that episode because all I end up saying is, "no sympathy for you, you killed the Starks you bastard!"
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As was said earlier, glad Olenna will be getting more screen time, my favourite character now that the Hound is out of the picture (I'm not saying he's dead though, we never saw the body, I still believe :().

Surely the Lannisters days are numbered. The fear of Tywin was the only thing keeping them in power, and now they've got no leader, the people hate Cersei, everyone's heard the rumour that Tommen is a product of incest, and they've got no money. Realisitically there'd be a coup and Stannis or the Tyrells or someone would take the throne in no time.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    As was said earlier, glad Olenna will be getting more screen time, my favourite character now that the Hound is out of the picture (I'm not saying he's dead though, we never saw the body, I still believe :().

Surely the Lannisters days are numbered. The fear of Tywin was the only thing keeping them in power, and now they've got no leader, the people hate Cersei, everyone's heard the rumour that Tommen is a product of incest, and they've got no money. Realisitically there'd be a coup and Stannis or the Tyrells or someone would take the throne in no time.

Not gonna happen. Dunno if you've been keeping up but Dany is going to break the wheel ...... or something. :):):)
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member

Well, to be fair House Lannister does have a leader, just not a very good one: Cersei. She became the head of the family once Tywin died.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Not gonna happen. Dunno if you've been keeping up but Dany is going to break the wheel ...... or something. :):):)

While sitting around at the arse end of who cares doing eff all no doubt.

I've always got the feeling we're supposed to root for Dany and it confuses me a bit. At the end of the day she's someone who desires power and thinks she deserves to rule because of her name, and is willing to use the Westeros equivalent of nuclear weapons to do it.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the Lannisters days are numbered. The fear of Tywin was the only thing keeping them in power, and now they've got no leader, the people hate Cersei, everyone's heard the rumour that Tommen is a product of incest, and they've got no money.

Why are the Targaryens supposedly so well-loved in that case in Westeros when they openly wedded siblings to each other to keep their bloodline pure?

In the book, Dany is said to have expected to marry Viserys when they came of age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because the ruling family is technically the Baratheons, and if Cersei's children are from Jaime then they're not true heirs.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the Lannisters days are numbered.

I assume the Tyrells will help prop them up due to Margaery being betrothed to Tommen. However - it will be interesting to see what happens when the Tyrells find out about the Lannisters and their situation with The Iron Bank, who now support Stannis.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he's been rowing all this time he'll have arms like Thor!

:D I'm hoping he rows into the path of the ship Arya is on and they both head off to Braavos.
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First episode is already out there :D
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    First episode is already out there :D

The first 3 episodes seem to be out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must refrain from downloading them!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first 3 episodes seem to be out.

Apparently 5 episodes have leaked
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The four confirmed leaks appear to originate from a screener sent to reviewers ahead of the show's launch. There are four episodes on the screener. The leaked episodes are in 480p, which is equivalent to the quality of standard TV, and a digital watermark is blurred. The show is normally shown in 720p or 1080p through HBO.
    LINK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, I guess they will just stop sending out advanced copies.

I don't really see why they need to anymore. When you needed to watch an episode early in order to meet a print deadline then fair enough. Nowadays you can write a review and post it online an hour after you have watched it
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering Game of thrones is often reported to be one of the most pirated shows, I bet HBO are screwing that half a season of episodes have leaked before airing. There will be spoilers everywhere by lunchtime I bet.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Noooo .. Not leaks. I'll have to avoid the Internet for the next five weeks, and I can't do that, it's like my second home.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was quite underwhelmed with the series premiere. Then I felt guilty and deleted the remaining episodes.