Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• jackjack1984jackjack1984 Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Production team have a great care for the old actors returning so it's great to see old faces back
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Back tracking to actors who have been in new and classic ( might get shot down as most might not see it as official) Bernard cribbins, rember watching on an extra at the time of davros episode he was given a frame with pictures from dalek invasion earth with PC and stolen earth with DT.

I had no idea Capaldi was in that film. He must have been no more than eight years old.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    ProfMarius wrote: »
    I had no idea Capaldi was in that film. He must have been no more than eight years old.
    Couldn't tell if joking, but either way PC - Peter Cushing :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Couldn't tell if joking, but either way PC - Peter Cushing :)

Yes, sorry, an emoticon might have helped to convey the sarcasm there, you're right.
    (Overuse of abbreviations being something of a personal bugbear! Sorry, I'm grumpy today.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What’s that in the shadows? New monster about to meet Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman in #DoctorWho Series 9…

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/590522919786303490
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What’s that in the shadows? New monster about to meet Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman in #DoctorWho Series 9…

And the thread is hauled back on track...
    Thanks Lewis.

Ok folks - what does that photo show us? I have absolutely no idea!
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Looks like a Dalek postbox.
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of Alpha 5 from the old Power Rangers :p
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member

God that's awful! It's a walking piggy bank!
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @Jamti
    Finally! The red eyed crab people revealed! (Odin's saddle just out of shot)

:D...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Full reveal
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

Thanks for this CD93. Wonder what it is? Robot? Metallic creature of some sort?
    It vaguely reminds me of Drathro...
    Whatever, it has a big weapon! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Cosmeston Mediaeval Village, Penarth, will be closed from tomorrow until May 15th because of location filming for the BBC sci-fi series “Dr Who” .

As far as the plot of this new Dr Who episode is concerned, inexplicably the BBC has not confided in PDN – but we wouldn’t have wanted to spoil the fun anyway.

Dr Who props teams and set-dressers were busy at work today

The restored mediaeval village was being transformed today as scenic constructors and props teams began turning it into what a mediaeval village might have looked like in some sort of parallel universe maybe a “long time ago in a galaxy far, far away” ..oops sorry – wrong franchise.

The tilted cross feature gives a different look to Dr Who's mediaeval village at Cosmeston

The familiar outlines of the barns and cottages at Cosmeston have been altered with the installation of a new “diagonal cross” cross motifs. And some entirely new buildings had been added.

A mediaeval boat-builder was at work in the compound

Temporary closure for location shoots is a regular occurrence Cosmeston where productions ranging from Hollywood movie epics to the popular Sky sit-com Stella have used the authentic thatched village as a backdrop."

https://penarthnews.wordpress.com/2015/04/21/dr-who-starts-filming-in-cosmeston-mediaeval-village-tomorrow/
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Special Weapons Ice Warrior in Battle Armour
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Reminds me of something, but I can't think what.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CamCam wrote: »
    Reminds me of something, but I can't think what.

Big Daddy? ;)
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Thanks for this CD93. Wonder what it is? Robot? Metallic creature of some sort?
    It vaguely reminds me of Drathro...
    Whatever, it has a big weapon! ;-)

Heh. Get where you are coming from. Revenge of the Son of Drathro!

My guess is it's some form of armour for a new race of aliens...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Daddy? ;)

Yes, thats the one!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CamCam wrote: »
    Yes, thats the one!

Heh, somebody highlighted that Mathieson comes across as an avid gamer on Twitter. Perhaps that's reflected in his episodes :p

2D monsters. GUS - the likeable yet calculating male GLaDOS using humans for scientific research? Ancient soldiers revived by technology, that's a popular one. Mister Bubbles....... ;-)
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

Bit of an awkward looking monster there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The head section reminds me of Deep Thought in the H2G2 film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heh. Get where you are coming from. Revenge of the Son of Drathro!

My guess is it's some form of armour for a new race of aliens...

And it seems to be set in a sort of medieval village.
    Dear God, it's the sequel that no-one would ever want - Return To The Mysterious Planet!! :o
    Are Glitz and Dibber coming back? It might tie in with the rumoured return of Mel? :D
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the Doctor is going to be traveling to Rapture and facing Big Daddies and saving Little Sisters?
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,327
    Forum Member
    Dear God, it's the sequel that no-one would ever want - Return To The Mysterious Planet!! :o
    Are Glitz and Dibber coming back? It might tie in with the rumoured return of Mel? :D

seeing the building in the background, I actually assumed it was the viking episode.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually want to see Mel return but not how she was in the Baker/McCoy years (that wouldn't work in the new series). I want to see a strong, fearless Mel who's not afraid to tell Davros or the Master where to stuff it.
This discussion has been closed.