The singer with 5 children

cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
Forum Member
I thought she had a really good voice.

The camera panned in too much on the kids faces in the audience, but then again this is BGT so I suppose it was to be expected.

Although it was a totally cringeworthy moment when she came out with the line"

"And I was in a abusive relationship...."

Why do they have to come out with things like that. What on earth has that got to do with a Saturday night entertainment show!

Comments

• shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »

And Simon's "OH GOD!" response.

It really looked like she was miming to me.
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    And Simon's "OH GOD!" response.

It really looked like she was miming to me.
    I know! I'm getting so sick of the "My God" responses. And the other line of.........

"This is why we make shows like this.......".

Is that the reason Simon, is it?!!
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she had a nice voice but did think her face contorted rather oddly when singing and her eyes were going in funny directions.
  • Yorkshire SteveYorkshire Steve Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    She was now on her own after the abusive relationship, but when the camera showed her kids in the audience, one of them was happily sat on a guys lap. Cut to the clip of her leaving, it was just Grandma and Grandad. Makes you think doesn't it.
  • CM2604CM2604 Posts: 162
    Forum Member

The camera panned in too much on the kids faces in the audience, but then again this is BGT so I suppose it was to be expected.

Why do they have to come out with things like that. What on earth has that got to do with a Saturday night entertainment show!

Normally I would agree though she was just answering the question Simon asked.
  • CM2604CM2604 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    She was now on her own after the abusive relationship, but when the camera showed her kids in the audience, one of them was happily sat on a guys lap. Cut to the clip of her leaving, it was just Grandma and Grandad. Makes you think doesn't it.

No she said she wasn't in an abusive relationship not that she was on her own.

I didn't notice the guy you mention but that could have been anyone.
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great voice, but I did suspect mime....

Couldnt see her lrynx moving, but the mic stem concealed it.

So, conspiracy, obviously...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice was OK! But nothing that special, she might get to next found, can't see her going much further, and might have a few local gig's but not a mega career.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was quite good, but not in the same class as Alice Fredenham who is currently recording her debut album.
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

!

I know she was probably told to say it but I do think it´s an odd thing to say in front of your kids. My 8 year old who was watching immediately piped up with ´what´s an abusive relationship´... and quite frankly it wasn´t something I particularly wanted to explain to her or feel that an 8 year old needs to be aware of. I just told her it mean´t a relationship that wasn´t very happy.
    The woman´s kids in the audience probably did know some of what she´d been through, the older one´s certainly, but the little one´s were pretty young and you would hope may have been sheltered from some of what had happened. I just find it an odd thing to say in front of your children or even want to say until they are old enough to explain properly.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad that she used to be in that situation, but is there a need to mention something like that on stage in front of children to get a reaction - the following from her Facebook page
    vocal master class with professional singer/performer Becky O'Brien. Becky has worked professionally with Will Young, Cliff Richard, Judy Dench and Bob Hoskins. As well as this, she has been a successful vocal coach for many years, helping students to gain access into vocational schools and professional careers.
    on Sunday 25th November 2012 at The vicky Anne academy of dance and drama, Church st Burbage.
    You will get the oportunity to work intensly on vocal techniques, audition techniques, getting the best out of your voice, improving your vocal range, confidence building and performance techniques, breathing techniques and much more!

So BGT is another attempt at fame, she has already been a professional singer - for several years at least.

It may have sounded better if she said I am a vocal coach and I want to concentrate on my own career now.....

Thankfully she seems to have met someone else now....https://www.facebook.com/beckysings.2012/photos
  • KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Low rent Judy Garland impression, a strange American accent and contortions. The line about her relationship was totally unnessesary. Her voice was not that bad but she needs to lose the affectation