Sky Anytime+

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
Forum Member
Hi

Just to let you all know you can now add SA+ on your My Sky account....

Happy Viewing we hope!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Please can you expand above. Are you talking about my sky account online or via the interactive services on your hd box? Has anyone actually got sky anytime+?

I think sometimes being in the know about these things is far more frustrating and actually not being clued up at all about this would mean there was no desperation to get the service!! Oh well I do know about it and am keen for it to be live on my box!! I have a Thomson and no idea at all if it's updated!!! Hey ho I am sure sky will put out the info we need when it is time.
  • philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,176
    Forum Member
    tinky0075 wrote: »
    Hi

Just to let you all know you can now add SA+ on your My Sky account....

Not all - I have a pace HD box....

Unfortunately you do not have a Sky Anytime+ compatible box in your portfolio
  • hessy2hessy2 Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have logged in to my sky and upgraded.

Pressed the red anytime button. I now have the new menu with the thumbnail pictures. Looks like it's working here.

Have all the movies listed- there's pages of them!

Haven't tried to download anything yet though!!!!
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, just so that we are clear:

- log on to "my sky" on the Sky website.
    - From "mysky home" click "upgrade now" from the upgrades box.
    - Scroll down the page and there is an anytime+ option. For those of us without the box software upgrade we see:

"Unfortunately you do not have a Sky Anytime+ compatible box in your portfolio. We're gradually rolling out the service and it will be available on your Sky box soon."

Whereas those that are good to go have something to click on to enable anytime+
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Upgrade box just offers Sky broadband as an option, I'm with Be* & have a 1TB Box with Darwin installed.
  • jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anniebrion wrote: »
    My Upgrade box just offers Sky broadband as an option, I'm with Be* & have a 1TB Box with Darwin installed.

Morning,

Get the same message and although I can understand the reason for using Sky's own network to "test" the service, it has of course been testing for a year and having used the service on my boxes for a week I can say it's a nice addon but sure as hell wouldn't make me change ISP even if Sky was on my exchange.

Can see that all my boxes are accessing oig.sky.com at random times of the day as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I guess the option is only there for Sky Broadband customers then. Which makes sense.

Hope they open it up for other ISP sooner rather than later. BT Infinity is available here now !
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Batch wrote: »
    I guess the option is only there for Sky Broadband customers then. Which makes sense.

Hope they open it up for other ISP sooner rather than later. BT Infinity is available here now !

I have to wait 6 months for BT Infity to me enable arounf here :( If Sky LLU infinity and undercut BT I'll swap to Sky but BT is a choice if need be, I just want to get off the copper from the exchange and our green box is very close :)
  • Dear ViewerDear Viewer Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went through the activation process.

The pages are saying my box is currently not compatable, but it will be updated as the service is rolled out.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just upgraded to anytime+ on the web site.
    We don't have the movies but we were offered them for half prize for the next 3 months so might take this.
  • simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have a DRX890 with Darwin and Bulldog/Pipex/Tiscali/Talk Talk (delete as appropriate :D) broadband and I'm getting:

"Unfortunately you do not have a Sky Anytime+ compatible box in your portfolio. We're gradually rolling out the service and it will be available on your Sky box soon"

I wonder if they've made a ****** somewhere because I have a Pace box as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey, can those of you who have managed to get it activated post what box you have? IE, what model of amstrad? have read reports of all amstrads being good to go but my profile wont allow activation.
    Forum Member
    I am gutted!! Just checked my sky and I can't upgrade at present!!! I have a Thomson so just hope it updates soon but not holding my breath for 2010!!! Anyone got any idea how often the updates will occur is it continually happening or sporadically??
    Any reviews or thoughts from anyone who has been able to upgrade and use???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I believe its the Amstrad drx890 i.e the newer 500gb ones.
    Also the 1TB obviously.

I have a drx890 and it has the download tab update and I managed to activate online - now just need to get home to see if it's worked!

I'm v pleased about this update, the movies will be of particular use to me. If its the same as available on the xbox360 skyplayer there are loaaaaaads but now I dont need to run my xbox to watch
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its working great on my amstrad 1tb box, registered on sky.com/anytimeplus and it was available immediately, i can receive about 8mb on my sky broadband so the movies play within 30seconds,programs about 10-20seconds which aint bad, quality is very good for SD, looking forward to HD content. hopefully we will get full iplayer access soon and i wanna see a music video download section like the virgin media music service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Have they announced that HD content is coming?

Same question regarding iplayer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I have a drx890 It has let me upgrade to anytime+ online.But I am still waiting for it to start on my box so cant confirm its worked or not.Im guessing it did as I got the confirmation email and didnt get the message about not having a compatible box.Will let you know if & when it happens.Might be a while though because i need to go out soon.
  • stealthstustealthstu Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    It allowed me to add it to my account.

It said in the anytime+ box that anytime+ had been added to my basket, and that set up options would be on the next page.

When i went to the next page, you could self install with ethernet for free, self install with wireless box for £40, or have an engineer visit for £60, went for self install for free, and then proceeded with order, which then continued as any other order would.

Ill keep checking my anytime to see when it adds, and ill post on here when it does.
  • technoguytechnoguy Posts: 2,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enabled Sky Anytime+ on my Amstrad 1TB this morning and it works really well, much better than I expected. The interface with all the thumbnail pics is really intuitive to use. The picture quality of the VOD programmes and films is fantastic and they start playing within a few seconds.

The range of films on there is huge I put list all and started scrolling through them and I thought the list was never going to end.

and best of all this is just day one. It will keep growing and growing and constantly improving. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myromeo wrote: »
    ? have read reports of all amstrads being good to go but my profile wont allow activation.

I have an older Amstrad DRX780. It has not had the software update
    yet so no Anytime+.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought as much, it didn't have an update last night anyway. guess we just have to wait a little longer, hopefully wont be too long!

Hope the update also cures the laggy menus!
  • ronnie1990ronnie1990 Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Just activated mine and it was working in less that five minutes. Have not watched anything yet.
    Forum Member
    Anyone know when my 500gb Thomson might get the upgrade treatment??!!! Reading the above makes me so sad!!! Dam you sky! Upgrade me please
  • james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon to you all.

Anytime+ working perfectly here on 1TB box.

Kids half term & poorly daughter.

Thank goodness for Anytime+. All sat on the sofa , Homeward Bound downloading as we watch & one happy daughter.

Incidentally , I'd counted to 20 when the Anytime banner informed me that I was able to start watching.

Very impressed so far & look forward to future updates & content being added (especially to entertainment/sky One material)

Regards James
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Just got off the phone to sky to enable my anytime + and he said as long as youve got a box with model number starting SYSF then you are good to go