This Is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread ** 2010 - Part 3 **

SupportSupport Posts: 70,728
Administrator
Sticks hands up here as well. :o

Admin Edit: This thread is a continuation of This Is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread ** 2010

Comments

• flugellaflugella Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh, may I appreciate posting first and also unappreciate Ann's Charleston???
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flugella wrote: »
    Oooh, may I appreciate posting first and also unappreciate Ann's Charleston???
    Don't you mean the sit down and wander around a bit whilst reaching for something off the top shelf in the supermarket. ;)
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    I need to unappreciate myself... on fridays ITT when Elain Paige commented on the 4/4 beat of the music I scoffed at her cos they normally modify the song to change the beat when needed, but last night came and no change of beat:o...Sorry Elaine
  • flugellaflugella Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Don't you mean the sit down and wander around a bit whilst reaching for something off the top shelf in the supermarket. ;)

So that's what it was!!
  • kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *crawls in wearing tinfoil hat*

it's dangerous out there people

I'd like to non appreciate that Len's scoring paddles now seem to have been reduced from 5 to 3. I mean really Len? you really couldn't differentiate between the performance of Kara, Matt and Scccooottt?? oh sorry I forgot the rhumba is difficult for real men :rolleyes:

I'm actually appreciating Scotts 110% ;) effort in going for the full house - nans, kids, injuries, long work hours. I'm just waiting for him to divorce Mrs Scott, regain his confidence and throw in a wedding :D

I would non appreciate the Widdenator but I have now run out of words and so am buillding a time machine to send Kyle Reese back to oooh about 1948 to terminate her and thus change the course of history

I would also like to non appreciate I am a geek at times
  • SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just got round to watching all the routines and can't quite believe that Gavin picked up three 8's for dancing like he was in plaster and a neck brace...

I actually quite like the guy but jeez! what was that about?
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Scott's gutted that Paul got in first with the whole "get married on the show even though you're married already" idea.

(Also if we reach a critical mass of more than about 30% of Gavbot fans claiming he can dance I might be off the bandwagon. He's hilarious - I voted for him - but let's not go crazy)
  • crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    kittles wrote: »
    *crawls in wearing tinfoil hat*

it's dangerous out there people

I'd like to non appreciate that Len's scoring paddles now seem to have been reduced from 5 to 3. I mean really Len? you really couldn't differentiate between the performance of Kara, Matt and Scccooottt?? oh sorry I forgot the rhumba is difficult for real men :rolleyes:

I'm actually appreciating Scotts 110% ;) effort in going for the full house - nans, kids, injuries, long work hours. I'm just waiting for him to divorce Mrs Scott, regain his confidence and throw in a wedding :D

I would non appreciate the Widdenator but I have now run out of words and so am buillding a time machine to send Kyle Reese back to oooh about 1948 to terminate her and thus change the course of history

I would also like to non appreciate I am a geek at times

Mmmmmmm Kyle Reece :o
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooo-eeeeyyy ... look at us on part 3!

As far as Gav and the 8's go, you have to remember that for Len and Bruno last night it was the middle score. They only used 3 paddles all night.

Len 9, 8 abd 6.
    Bruno 9, 8 and 4.

According to the pair of them, nine of the dancers were so close they were seperated by a mere point or not at all :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    I bet Scott's gutted that Paul got in first with the whole "get married on the show even though you're married already" idea.

(Also if we reach a critical mass of more than about 30% of Gavbot fans claiming he can dance I might be off the bandwagon. He's hilarious - I voted for him - but let's not go crazy)

well quite! It's not as if he's become Nureyev overnight. It's all relative to where he started from. he's gone from bloody awful to just below average

don't get me wrong I did enjoy last night's routine and also am assuming that it was the rugby ball wot done it. Am now looking forward to entire routines being crafted around the ball and rugby moves
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmmmmm Kyle Reece :o

ah yes SUCH a crush on him as a teenager. Wasn't it handy people had to go back in time nekkid :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He needs to find an obliging internet based university where he can apply to become a doctor or a vicar or something to give him another string to his bow. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kittles wrote: »
    well quite! It's not as if he's become Nureyev overnight. It's all relative to where he started from. he's gone from bloody awful to just below average

don't get me wrong I did enjoy last night's routine and also am assuming that it was the rugby ball wot done it. Am now looking forward to entire routines being crafted around the ball and rugby moves

Such a pity he's not with OurLeona :D
  • SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindyann wrote: »
    Hooo-eeeeyyy ... look at us on part 3!

As far as Gav and the 8's go, you have to remember that for Len and Bruno last night it was the middle score. They only used 3 paddles all night.
    Len 9, 8 abd 6.
    Bruno 9, 8 and 4.

According to the pair of them, nine of the dancers were so close they were seperated by a mere point or not at all :D

So did I, curiously enough :) I used a 6, a 7, and one I made myself that had 'FA' written on it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindyann wrote: »
    Such a pity he's not with OurLeona :D

I can picture the rugby uprights/drop goal scenrio as we speak:eek:
  • franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fully aware that Gavin's still useless at dancing (did anyone spot an actual chassee/ lockstep/ triple step directed at the camera in his dance? If so, could you point me towards it please?) but my liking of that partnership has always been based purely on the amusement factor. I won't vote for him but if he can keep up performances that put him just towards the bottom of the middle packers, I won't be too disappointed if he outlasts Michelle and Felicity at any rate. Maybe even Jimmi if we need another "shock" result.

On that note though, how was it that pretty much everyone was wildly overmarked last night? Was it that they overmarked Felicity and then realised that she really wasn't that good so were going to have to put everyone on a par with or above her regardless of merit? Gavin in no way deserved two eights and Scott's rumba was never a 9. Also if a man's living is made by acting the part of a Lothario, can we please dispense with the "It's so hard for men to be romantic" line? Note to Len: fans of the show are not ever going to forget that Rumba is Hard for Men because you point it out every blasted time anyone dances one. And then Tess does. And Claudia says it in both the week preceding the dance and the week following. Seriously, we get it.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... can we please dispense with the "It's so hard for men to be romantic" line? Note to Len: fans of the show are not ever going to forget that Rumba is Hard for Men because you point it out every blasted time anyone dances one

...unless you are a Brazilian, Cuban, Spanish - oh heck anything European - in which case doing a half way rumba-like dance and moving your hips is natural.

Just because Len could never do it in a million years, and neither could Scott :D

Bet Craig could....at home with his current squeeze.
  • franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    ...unless you are a Brazilian, Cuban, Spanish - oh heck anything European - in which case doing a half way rumba-like dance and moving your hips is natural.

Just because Len could never do it in a million years, and neither could Scott :D

My first dance partner was Malaysian and he loved the rumba as much as I did. And had no issues dancing it. I swear Len just likes saying that things are hard for different "types" of people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unappreciationg Len's continued bad temper, grumpiness and intense irritation with Craig.

Wonder if it's anything to do with the fact that Craig is streets ahead of him in popularity ratings, and the growing appreciation of SCD watchers for Craig's honesty and fairness and refusal to 'play the fawning game' has made him the most popular judge by a long shot. How that must stick in Len's craw:D

Len's ego must be a tad bruised of late. Does he know he's well past it and out of date? Even on DWTS the Americans take the pi** out of him and treat him as The Grumpy Old Uptight Brit.

On and on he rants, but the ultra cool Craig simply allows his eyebrows to respond and fails to rise to the bait. How galling for the old spiv!

I love it. Craig is my new hero.

STFU Len. Better yet, retire soon. Take that long suffering girlfriend of yours - She Who Must Never Be Seen - on one of those very long cruises where you can sit abaht at night and bore all your captive audience of fellow passengers rigid with tales of your brilliance, footwork and knowledge of sweaty gauchos. On a ship, you see, they can never escape...
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »

Yes, but let's face it, Brazillians, Cubans and Spanishes are a little bit...that way already, so they don't have the worries of macho English men like Len and Scott and Gavin. It's only femmes like Colin Jackson and child star actors (and therefore at least riders of the bi bus, let's be honest, stage school *nudge nudge*) like Matt di Angelo who can really do it without having perfectly justifiable worries that they'll look like gays.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first dance partner was Malaysian and he loved the rumba as much as I did. And had no issues dancing it. I swear Len just likes saying that things are hard for different "types" of people.

I bet he did. I should have gone further afield in my praise of 'men who dance'. My own experience of Malaysians is how warm, loving and easy they are. Dance would be perfectly natural for them.

Len is a plonker, and an uptight, old fashioned one at that!
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but let's face it, Brazillians, Cubans and Spanishes are a little bit...that way already, so they don't have the worries of macho English men like Len and Scott and Gavin. It's only femmes like Colin Jackson and child star actors (and therefore at least riders of the bi bus, let's be honest, stage school *nudge nudge*) like Matt di Angelo who can really do it without having perfectly justifiable worries that they'll look like gays.

:D

Quite frankly it's dreadful that they have to subject themselves to performing it. They should be allowed to do another paso instead. Now there's the dance for a real man. Did you ever see Darren Gough...?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Glad you said it so I didn't have to. Every time I dare to say 'most straight English men are to uptight to dance' a whole raft of them weave their skinny arms about and scream abuse at me. And all the women in the room nod sadly in agreement, and end up dancing with each other.

For those of you who are with husbands/partners/current squeezes who can dance, I hope you know how damn lucky you are! :D
  • shuddupfluffyshuddupfluffy Posts: 3,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Ann will be able to veto the Rumba because she won't want the public to think she may be seen with a man acting in an effeminate manner!

Actually to have Anton dance the Rumba would surely conflict with her views on Section 28?

Mind you, I thought that her appearance last night in that awful get up was a visual representation of her views on abortion.....who said the BBC were glossing over her political views?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D

Quite frankly it's dreadful that they have to subject themselves to performing it. They should be allowed to do another paso instead. Now there's the dance for a real man. Did you ever see Darren Gough...?

F***ing paso! Who made that one up? Len and his cronies in Penge?

That's one of things I adored about the movie Strictly Ballroom, when the Spanish saw the ballroom version of the paso and fell about laughing - and then did the real thing :D
This discussion has been closed.