✭✭
    That Juliette/Rosalee scene gave me a real shock :o

Could be a foreshadowing of something that will really happen though :(
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    There may also be some effect from Nick's exposure to the Zombie Toxin though they seem to have dropped that plotline.

Looks like I was wrong about them dropping the Zombie Toxin Plotline as Nick went all Zombie for a moment when "interrogating" the Prisoner.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got excited for two minutes, then they took it all way. Should've gone through with it. Rosalie is a bore and so is Juliet. I would have found her interesting, if she was keeping Rosalie's death and her Hexbiest side secret.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    That Juliette/Rosalee scene gave me a real shock :o

Could be a foreshadowing of something that will really happen though :(

Same here:o

Thought the whole episode was one of the best this season. Couldn't believe my full 42 minutes was up when it ended! Can't wait a week to know what happens!

Like that Wu is in on the secret but worry that he's taken it too well.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Rosalee, so was relieved when it turned out to be a dream. :p
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an episode, well worth the wait! They like leaving rescuing to the very last minute don't they?

Can't wait for next week! (Although not sure if I will have the time, leaving my house 9am Saturday to go on holiday!)
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here:o

Thought the whole episode was one of the best this season. Couldn't believe my full 42 minutes was up when it ended! Can't wait a week to know what happens!

Like that Wu is in on the secret but worry that he's taken it too well.

Well, given the things he's seen, and even the number of times he's commented on the weirdness of the crimes ... it's not surprising that he'd accept it. Nuts as it would be, it's at least an explanation of everything.

And he did say (to Nick & Hank?) that he was going to have a lot more questions. Which no doubt will get answered.

I loved his "talk" with the captain. No one really said anything. But ... said everything. Reggie Lee's facial expressions were great. I have come to appreciate the great job he does. I hated him (his character) with a passion on Prison Break, wasn't happy to see him here at first. But, he's great. It's a credit to how good of an actor he is, I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah! Way to kick some Wesenrein butt, guys.

But I want to know how they're going to get rid of/explain away all those dead bodies!
  • Options
    Choc13257weqChoc13257weq Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    Woah! Way to kick some Wesenrein butt, guys.

But I want to know how they're going to get rid of/explain away all those dead bodies!

They explained it! The captain said it was a suicide cult.
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't get why Juliette is so bothered by the Hexenbiest thing when Nick's blood has the cure for it. I can't remember if she knows the exact details of how Nick took Adalind's powers but she knows that he did and that Adalind wasn't harmed so it should be easy for her to get them removed. I think all the screentime given to her worrying is a waste of time. The real dilemma for her should be whether or not she should keep the powers and use them to help Nick and be able to see Wesen but also have to go through the upheaval of adjusting to being Wesen and being more like Adalind who she despises.

Really liked the episode in general though except now almost every character is a murderer. Monroe murdered one of the Wesenrein in an escape attempt and then he and Rosalee co-murdered (if that's a word) Riker even though they could easily have subdued him when there was two of them. Renard also murdered even though he had the victim captured and Hank just stood their in awe of him. I'm not sure Juliette murdered the guy exactly since she doesn't know the extent of her powers and hence didnt know exactly what she was doing and it was in self-defence but still she didnt seem flustered after taking a life. I can't remember exactly but I think Nick and Wu shot a few too. Anyway the point is they were all delighted with themselves afterwards, toasting their success and the fact that they basically committed mass murder didn't seem to bother them in the slightest. I know Renard, Nick, Hank and Wu have all killed before but I would have expected Monroe, Rosalee and most definitely Juliette to be plagued with guilt over taking lives out of revenge moreso than justice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They explained it! The captain said it was a suicide cult.

Yes, well realistically ... the forensics, the medical examiner, etc. would all have a field day with it, and it wouldn't be so easily explained.

And I'm not sure how they'd all explain it to one another ... Juliet's second victim, especially. She shot the guy right at the beginning. I don't see her having a problem with it, she didn't hesitate a second to pull the trigger.

The others ... I'm not so sure they hadn't already killed in the past. Certainly the Captain has. You know he has.
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    Really liked the episode in general though except now almost every character is a murderer.

Strictly speaking yes. However the similarities to the Wesenrein logo and the Nazi log weren't coincidence. If the Nazis could have been eliminated early on before murdering millions of people then who would have complained about that? Although if they had been eliminated in the early 1930s then we wouldn't know what they were capable of, so it would, in many eyes, have just been murder. I think that's why they used the logo they did on Grimm, so that we wouldn't feel sorry for the ones who died.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    Strictly speaking yes. However the similarities to the Wesenrein logo and the Nazi log weren't coincidence. If the Nazis could have been eliminated early on before murdering millions of people then who would have complained about that? Although if they had been eliminated in the early 1930s then we wouldn't know what they were capable of, so it would, in many eyes, have just been murder. I think that's why they used the logo they did on Grimm, so that we wouldn't feel sorry for the ones who died.

Oh I have absolutely no sympathy for the Wesenrein and regarding the logo: since Nick has some old footage of Hitler woging into a Blutbad, then it probably stands to reason that the Wesenrein are probably a sub-faction or spin-off of the Nazis. My problem with the killings is that the way they just celebrated later. I really expected that taking lives (no matter how evil the victims were) would have some effect on the characters, most of whom had decent morals up until now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I have absolutely no sympathy for the Wesenrein and regarding the logo: since Nick has some old footage of Hitler woging into a Blutbad, then it probably stands to reason that the Wesenrein are probably a sub-faction or spin-off of the Nazis. My problem with the killings is that the way they just celebrated later. I really expected that taking lives (no matter how evil the victims were) would have some effect on the characters, most of whom had decent morals up until now

It was probably relief more than anything to have saved Monroe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »

Have the writers forgotten that as soon as a Wesen woges they can see that someone is a Grimm? When kohlrabi head voged in front of Trubel he didn't see that she was a Grimm until he started downloading her mind. I know that it meant that he's going to spend the rest of his life as a gibbering wreck, but it would have been better if she'd been wearing sunglasses at the time to make it more authentic.

i agree that was quite odd the glasses were a must.... if you are being attacked you cant keep your eyes closed all the time......
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read on a thread that NBC is moving this to 8.pm in March but can't find confirmation. Is that to make way for Hannibal?
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still don't get why Juliette is so bothered by the Hexenbiest thing when Nick's blood has the cure for it. I can't remember if she knows the exact details of how Nick took Adalind's powers but she knows that he did and that Adalind wasn't harmed so it should be easy for her to get them removed. I think all the screentime given to her worrying is a waste of time. The real dilemma for her should be whether or not she should keep the powers and use them to help Nick and be able to see Wesen but also have to go through the upheaval of adjusting to being Wesen and being more like Adalind who she despises.

Agreed.

And this week, we have had yet another episode with Juliette worrying about this, without any mention that the blood of a Grimm can remove a Hexenbiest's powers.

I'm finding it increasingly annoying that the writers have not yet bothered to address that.

If it is going to turn out to be more complicated than that because of the potion or something, then fair enough - but at least address the issue earlier, given that the audience all *know how* Adalind lost her powers, and given that at least some of the characters *know how* Adalind lost her powers.

We've even seen Juliette reference Adalind losing her powers, when she mentioned it to Rosalie and asked if Adalind then getting them back meant that anyone could become a Hexenbiest... So even if Juliette does not know the specifics of how it happened to Adalind, she does know that it *did* happen!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about Juliette. She should have just told Nick right away. I hope they don't spin it out for very much longer and worse still make Nick think she's having an affair again, because he knows something's not right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Juliette's SL is really annoying me right now so I'm hoping that the payoff will be nothing short of brilliant. Maybe Juliette will become the main antagonist of season 5 because I can't see Prince Victor lasting beyond this season and we still have the 7 keys storyline to get back to. They have 2 at the moment so I'm hoping they take a key off Victor if he has one, hopefully Nick and Renard's mothers will have a key each and maybe Trubel and Josh will return with one just to move that storyline along.
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Juliette's most interesting storyline was back in the whole curse issue with Renard. Part of the problem is all her other storylines have been centered around Nick and there is no chemisty between them on screen. I think the two actors are in a relationship in RL but thats not transferring to the screen at all IMO. Its made her very much a boring character to watch.

I wonder if they are going back to the whole Juliette/Sean thing again, it was surprising that she went straight to him instead of being honest with Nick.

After all can Nick not take away here hexenbiest powers, the same way he did for Adalind in the first place?

Overall though, the last 2/3 episodes have been much better, no Royals/Adalind story has been much much better. And Wu knowing at last is great!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, in "real time" this whole season has only been days long. So, her Hexenbeistism is new to her. Which would seem reasonable to not have said anything. You'd kind of want to make sure what you thought was happening, was happening.
  • Options
    mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about Juliette. She should have just told Nick right away. I hope they don't spin it out for very much longer and worse still make Nick think she's having an affair again, because he knows something's not right.

I dip in and out of this show so apologies if I've missed something, but why would Nick need to be told about Juliette's "condition"? The premise of the show is that he can see the creatures whether they want him to or not; so why can't he simply see what's happening to her?

I agree with those who say Nick and Juliette have zero chemistry, I thought he appeared more "at home" with Adalind.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    I dip in and out of this show so apologies if I've missed something, but why would Nick need to be told about Juliette's "condition"? The premise of the show is that he can see the creatures whether they want him to or not; so why can't he simply see what's happening to her?

I agree with those who say Nick and Juliette have zero chemistry, I thought he appeared more "at home" with Adalind.

Nick can only see Wessen - and Wessen can only tell Nick is a Grimm - when they wolge.

They have two 'levels' of wolging - one level only other Wessen and Grimms can see, the other anyone can see. Hence the scene with Bud & Wu.

So Nick (nor Monroe, Roselee, Reynard, Bud etc) can't tell Juliette is Hexenbeast unless she wolges infront of them.
  • Options
    mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick can only see Wessen - and Wessen can only tell Nick is a Grimm - when they wolge.

They have two 'levels' of wolging - one level only other Wessen and Grimms can see, the other anyone can see. Hence the scene with Bud & Wu.

So Nick (nor Monroe, Roselee, Reynard, Bud etc) can't tell Juliette is Hexenbeast unless she wolges infront of them.

OK, thanks for taking the time to answer. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindset wrote: »

I think that's more just her personality. She seems a bit reserved. I mean, they are a couple in real life ... there must be something there.

And in other news. Claire Coffee, who plays Adalind, is pregnant IRL. Wonder if that will affect the story-line.