Arthur Fowler could be Sharon's biological dad...

SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
Forum Member
Someone from Albert Square could turn out to be Sharon's real-life father...
It cannot be anyone still around today, so it could have been Arthur...it's not out of the realms of possibility...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2995542/SPOILER-ALERT-EastEnders-Sharon-makes-shocking-discovery-finds-biological-father-Albert-Square.html

Comments

• 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its Arthur or anyone else dead I will 're enact his classic Christmas breakdown in my living room! >:(>:(>:(
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not. I'd rather it actually be den or someone in the show or a character that can return who she was close to. Michelle won't return so that would go nowhere.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep in mind Sharon's birth mother was 14 when she had Sharon. Any characters like Arthur and Pete who were in their 20's at the time are highly unlikely to be her father as it would turn classic characters into pedophiles. I think her dad is still alive.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete would be a bad enough retcon but Arthur???
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Sharons adoption was a legitimate one as proved when she searched in the 90s through the agency. Someone cant ask for that child that's ridiculous. And she wasn't a baby either.
    Pete Beale gave Ian tips on how to woo Sharon. Pete wouldn't have done that had he known.
    Besides Sharon's father wrote to her mother. I think she would guess if it was Pete from the name.
    Her father is Gavin but probably related to someone on the square.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Keep in mind Sharon's birth mother was 14 when she had Sharon. Any characters like Arthur and Pete who were in their 20's at the time are highly unlikely to be her father as it would turn classic characters into pedophiles. I think her dad is still alive.

Didn't Pete Beale technically pedo Kathy
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Pete Beale technically pedo Kathy

Kathy was younger than him but I think it was she who pursued him and they didn't get together until she was old enough. Pete would have been cheated on by Pat a few years before Sharon's birth so I can't see him cheaing on Kathy. He loved her too much anyway.
  • TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Reg Cox. He's still alive and now being played by Neil Patrick Harris.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How old was Nick Cotton supposed to be (John Altman would have been 33 in 1985 when EE began)? If Sharon was 15 in 1985 and Nick was 33, that would have made him 13 when she was born...which would fit with Sharon's mum being 14.

The only other classic character I can think of as a plausible candidate would be Den. We know that he got a 16 year old girl (Michelle) pregnant, so it's not such a stretch that he could have done the same to another teenage girl when he was younger.
  • tennysonpennytennysonpenny Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Les Coker
  • RIP_EmmaRIP_Emma Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    It's not Arthur Fowler. Arthur would not have cheated on Pauline during the '60s. Pete Beale is much more likely than Arthur. I reckon it will be Johnny Allen.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    This a soap. Having Arthur Fowler as Sharon's father would be 'meh'.

If it turned out to actually be Dirty Den after all, that'd make things much more interesting. Especially considering Denny's situation.
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    How old was Nick Cotton supposed to be (John Altman would have been 33 in 1985 when EE began)? If Sharon was 15 in 1985 and Nick was 33, that would have made him 13 when she was born...which would fit with Sharon's mum being 14.

The only other classic character I can think of as a plausible candidate would be Den. We know that he got a 16 year old girl (Michelle) pregnant, so it's not such a stretch that he could have done the same to another teenage girl when he was younger.

It may well be Nick. With Sharon being Dot's granddaughter it could well be the thing that makes Dot change her mind for being "punished" over the death of Nick.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    If its Arthur or anyone else dead I will 're enact his classic Christmas breakdown in my living room! >:(>:(>:(

They have just killed off Sharons mum, I really cannot see them giving her a dad who is also dead. It really limits where they can go with this.

I have been wondering whether the corrupted DNA test could mean that while Sharon and Ian are not siblings they are in fact cousins. Perhaps Sharons dad is the sibling of either Kathy or Pete.
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will turn out to be Kathy Beale's husband Gavin Sullivan, it will turn out he had a history with Den Watts
  • RIP_EmmaRIP_Emma Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Les Coker, Johnny Allen, Kathy's husband or Pete Beale. Can't see it being anyone else. I like the idea of it being Johnny Allen.
  • melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »

Nick Cotton would have been 18, not 13?
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Gavin name makes Kathy's husband the most obvious choice at face value if we've now ruled out Pete Beale.

Still think there's a chance it might be Nick Cotton. His relatives are still very much part of the show and Dot is very close to Sharon. I reckon Charlie could bond with her if they were related, their relationship has seemed a tad formal. It would also be nice to see Sharon and Ronnie getting on if they do turn out to be sister-in-laws.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavin will be Den Watts little brother and Gavin will be the husband of Kathy.
  • Kevin_McGrathKevin_McGrath Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick Cotton? More likely might be Charlie Cotton senior, making her Nick's half-sister, and sort of step-daughter to Dot.

Making anything out of the name Gavin and Kathy's allegedly dead South African husband doesn't seem too promising. Remember, when they dreamt that name up for him they'd have had no idea of Sharon back in the square looking for her dad. And there's no particular reason to assume the name Gavin for Sharon's dad was accurate - remember, that was a case of statutory rape, given her mum's age.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Gavin will be Den Watts little brother and Gavin will be the husband of Kathy.

Den was an only child I remember him saying it to Dennis. Unless he had an illegitimate half brother that not many people knew about.
  • Kevin_McGrathKevin_McGrath Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given the age we've been given for Sharon's mother, assuming it's got to be a known character, Harry Slater would seem quite a possibility. Or possibly Archie Mitchell, given he raped Ronnie at that kind of age.

About the only living possibility would seem to be Les Coker, and somehow that doesn't feel on.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Oh my God! Imagine if Harry was Sharon's Dad! :o!
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I so hope it's Not Nick.
  • iveivaniveivan Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God! Imagine if Harry was Sharon's Dad! :o!

I was saying that the other day. Nof sure if Den knew the Slaters though.