Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
Forum Member
New album from K. Dot available now!

Stream: Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly

Comments

• JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Managed to get a quick listen to it on the way to work this morning and another one the way home.

It's incredible. Tough job to follow G.K.M.C but he's done one hell of a job here.
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to giving it a go.

GKMC was incredible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Going to get bottled at Reading.
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great surprise to wake up this morning to see the album released early. Gonna give the album a listen tonight hopefully. He set the bar way too high with GKMC but going by early reviews he might have actually matched it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Blacker The Berry was an excellent single.

if it's all as intense as that it should be great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've listened to it 5 times now. I like it a lot. This level of social commentary has been missing from mainstream rap for a while. Kendrick really is one of the best of the new school. The way the album begin and ends is perfect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kendrick hits the top spot in the album charts. Didn't realise he was that popular!

It's a good album, i'm not convinced it has as many solid tunes as GKMC, but it hangs together as an album really well, and i like the jazz stuff.
  • Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it. Rarely does an album come round that I instantly like. Forward thinking whilst taking the past and running with it. A true multiple listen album. Could get continuous play in the car for the next 3 months!

Many a modern day artist could take a thing or two from this album.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, i will look forward to listening to this. My sister is huge fan of his and some of the work he has done on the past is good.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Only just got round to listening to this album. Wow. Incredible. I listened to a couple of tracks by Drake & Jay-Z afterwards (both of whom I'm a fan of) and they just paled in comparison. 'Mortal Man' is quite eerie but I like it, good finisher.