Options

Cameron goes all Neil Kinnock's "We're alright!"

BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
Forum Member
Did anyone watch Cameron's speech this morning? He jumped on the stage like a jack-in-the-box and this happened: http://order-order.com/2015/04/27/the-passion-of-dave-that-pumps-me-up/#_@/ODOPlgzQ3JSMqQ

:D:D:D

He said several times how "pumped" he was. Shades of Neil Kinnock's "We're alright!" no?

I really don't want to think about Cameron being "pumped up" anyway. Seems he's trying a bit too hard after accusations of looking like he'd given up and the campaign lacking passion. ;)

Comments

• Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where has this Cameron been hiding the last few weeks? he's suddenly raised his game in the final stretch. Fair dues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Where has this Cameron been hiding the last few weeks? he's suddenly raised his game in the final stretch. Fair dues.

Yesterday he said Labour can take their arguments and "shove them where the sun don't shine!" Just how many Cameron's is there? Who is he really and what does he believe in? He really is more of a PR man than PM.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »
    Yesterday he said Labour can take their arguments and "shove them where the sun don't shine!" Just how many Cameron's is there? Who is he really and what does he believe in? He really is more of a PR man than PM.

He's a man of a 1000 masks/faces.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »

I have watched him on TV every day as he has been out campaigning. He has travelled the length and breadth of the country campaigning. I have also read about his daily campaigning in the newspapers. You must try to keep abreast of what is happening.
  • Options
    MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he realises he needs one big massive push as he's still within reach of having the numbers to govern after the election, he definitely needs a good performance on Question time Thursday.
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    He said several times how "pumped" he was. Shades of Neil Kinnock's "We're alright!" no?

Not really, Neil Kinnock was revelling in certain victory and got royally punished for it and his opponent managed to get more votes than any other post war PM.
  • Options
    LandisLandis Posts: 14,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very strange indeed.
    A Daily Politics guest is wondering which is the real David Cameron.
    I am wondering how he is going to cope with the real pressure.....after the Election.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    He's been told to pull his socks up by his own party. That performance was so panto.:D
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did Cameron really use language like that? It's very uncultured.

He used to be a PR for the Conservative party. I suppose that's where he gets his experience from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did Cameron really use language like that? It's very uncultured.

Yeah he did. I was surprised too, it's more like something Boris would say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landis wrote: »
    Very strange indeed.
    A Daily Politics guest is wondering which is the real David Cameron.
    I am wondering how he is going to cope with the real pressure.....after the Election.

They could do one of those 'Where's Wally?' thingamejig's
  • Options
    northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All fired up like that- sounds like a football supporter getting behind his team (although football supporters normally remember who their team is) .
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps he's been sniffing Justine Miliband's toilet?
  • Options
    ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah I see the cyberleft are out in force - just as it was before the last election. It's really rather quaint.:D
  • Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    From Joey Jones of Sky " I'm not sure of the Cameron passion strategy thus far . In small clips (how most people consume it ) , risks looking purple and shouty "
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bit of spray-on sweat to make him look energetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks like a dodgy salesman in the second clip. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Bit of spray-on sweat to make him look energetic.

Next week - topless wielding a scythe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks like a dodgy salesman in the second clip. :D

Doesn't he always?
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt this is in response to the criticism that his heart didn't seem to be in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah he did. I was surprised too, it's more like something Boris would say.

Shows that public schooling went to waste if they end up talking like that - crude, rude and uncivilised. Lol
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Pumped sounds like he means drugged up.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ecco66 wrote: »
    Ah I see the cyberleft are out in force - just as it was before the last election. It's really rather quaint.:D

Don't worry, the cyberright will come bowling along shortly .....
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    I have watched him on TV every day as he has been out campaigning. He has travelled the length and breadth of the country campaigning. I have also read about his daily campaigning in the newspapers. You must try to keep abreast of what is happening.

Needless condescension aside, I think most would agree that just because you're out campaigning doesn't automatically mean you're doing a convincing job when you're out campaigning.
    No doubt this is in response to the criticism that his heart didn't seem to be in it.

There is a happy medium between that and being the political equivalent of Mr Motivator, though.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Don't worry, the cyberright will come bowling along shortly .....

Ann is a bit busy bashing the Nats at the moment but will no doubt be back soon....:D