SJA : The Eternity trap (5/6 November 2009)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow that was bloody spooky! The way Erasmus kept appearing not just on monitors but behind people was really scary and the nursery scene could have rivalled "The Others" for terror! This was the story I knew least about so was pleasantly surprised! :D

I'm glad I'm not the only "grown up" who found it, and especially the appearances in the mirror/monitors a bit scary! I blame watching it after it's dark, myself!
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    KHC22 wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only "grown up" who found it, and especially the appearances in the mirror/monitors a bit scary! I blame watching it after it's dark, myself!

Same here, I just sat and watched in on iPlayer an hour ago with the lights out! Big mistake!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad i'm not the only one posting who seemed to notice it was Luke-Lite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here, I just sat and watched in on iPlayer an hour ago with the lights out! Big mistake!

Lol, ditto - all the while telling myself that it was a kids show, and not to be such a eejit!! Very enjoyable episode, looking forward to part two!
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    I'm curious to know if it has ever been established whether the Pharos Institute seen in SJA is in anyway connected with the Pharos project seen back in Logopolis, Tom Bakers last episode?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Can someone put it on youtube please, I'm in New Zealand and really want to see this episode, thanx!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    It's already up as of at least an hour or 2 ago? Not just the HD version, but the "normal" version?

I just saw that, thanks !
    But after the episode was broadcast, there was this big "Coming soon" sign, saying it would be online on November 7th only :rolleyes:
    DiscoP wrote: »
    I'm curious to know if it has ever been established whether the Pharos Institute seen in SJA is in anyway connected with the Pharos project seen back in Logopolis, Tom Bakers last episode?

I've been curious about that too, but if I'm not mistaken there are no indications whatsoever in series 1, when SJ goes to the Pharos Institute twice.
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow that was bloody spooky! The way Erasmus kept appearing not just on monitors but behind people was really scary and the nursery scene could have rivalled "The Others" for terror! This was the story I knew least about so was pleasantly surprised! :D

i'm slightly relieved that i am not the only one.

The nursery scene was terrifying
  • Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KHC22 wrote: »
    Tell your 8 year old they're in good company - I did too!

Really enjoyable episode, SJA seems to be back on the form it had in series one.

It was really creepy, all that appearing in mirrors stuff. I'll tell my youngest she wasn't the only one who needed a cushion. ;):D
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »
    It was really creepy, all that appearing in mirrors stuff. I'll tell my youngest she wasn't the only one who needed a cushion. ;):D

she certainly wasnt.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Am i the only one who didnt enjoy it? I found it rather boring TBH.

Hope Part 2 is better.
  • colinbcolinb Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the episode - a bit darker than usual. However, what was with the Pharos Institute science guy? Toby, was it? OMG! Not wishing to cause offence (which probably means I will), but that was poor casting...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. Thought it was a bit scary for a children's show but I don't know what scared them these days so maybe it's tame.

Noticed a few references to other ghost movies: Ghostbusters quote from Clyde and the Amityville Horror's "Get out" warning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    I found some of the scences set in the house, especially those in the library, very reminiscent of 'Terror of the Zygons' - a 1975 DW story that featured SJS as companion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    This may sound a little odd, but why does Rani look pregnant?
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    Why wasn't Luke in it? Was the actor doing exams that week or something?
    I'm thinking the same thing.
    MetAboLic wrote: »
    This may sound a little odd, but why does Rani look pregnant?
    Unflattering outfit I admit, but I wouldn't say she looked pregnant...
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Well Luke's back next week.
    He says something about "wanting me to be perfect, the way the Bane made me!" Wonder what that outburst was about?
  • JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scary story -loved it :D nice to see Luke's back next week :).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    i'm slightly relieved that i am not the only one.

The nursery scene was terrifying

I thought so too! Especially that rocking horse!

I loved both episodes, some really creepy parts! That part where all the missing people appeared on the stairs was spooky and the thing outside chasing Rani and Clyde. :eek:
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colinb wrote: »
    I enjoyed the episode - a bit darker than usual. However, what was with the Pharos Institute science guy? Toby, was it? OMG! Not wishing to cause offence (which probably means I will), but that was poor casting...

Speaking as someone with Asperger's Syndrome, I thought perhaps he was meant to be autistic.
  • Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Speaking as someone with Asperger's Syndrome, I thought perhaps he was meant to be autistic.

I thought that too dodrade, and the field of work he chose and the intensity with which he followed it, seemed to fit too.
    Forum Member
    Why is this not on iPlayer?! :( I need to see part 2 and don't want to wait til the morning on CBBC!
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Why is this not on iPlayer?! :( I need to see part 2 and don't want to wait til the morning on CBBC!

It is - I am watching it at the moment. It seems to be labelled Part One by mistake, but is definitely Part Two:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nrslh/The_Sarah_Jane_Adventures_Series_3_The_Eternity_Trap_Part_1/
    Forum Member
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    It is - I am watching it at the moment. It seems to be labelled Part One by mistake, but is definitely Part Two:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nrslh/The_Sarah_Jane_Adventures_Series_3_The_Eternity_Trap_Part_1/

I presumed one of them would be part two, but was fooled by both of them starting with Clyde's narration. I forgot that even part 2 starts with it! Thanks for pointing this out to me! :D Silly Beeb!