Options

Peter Andre - How Is He Still Relevant?

Comments

• Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Scone, is that you :confused:. You have been really nice about Pete in this thread :cool: :D

Happy Christmas :)

Well its Christmas ;) happy Xmas to you too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    To be fair his brothers passing is relevant to Andre's life and it would be odd for him not to include this in his show.

To be honest this is his families business...its a personal matter and IN MY OPINION it should not be used by itv2 as a form of entertainment for the show.
    Where's the dignity gone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    To be fair his brothers passing is relevant to Andre's life and it would be odd for him not to include this in his show.

I wonder if they'll change the name of the show to the Last Chapter.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone familiar with my posting habits knows my stance on PA.

As far as I'm concerned he is off-limits at the moment.:(
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    He's never been relevant. ITV simply give him attention because he's a lower level of celebrity who is accessible to them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He makes me cringe so much. He is a sap, a massive sap. I hate the way he speaks, how he thinks he is the dogs danglies, how he always cries etc etc. I avoid anything with him on like the plague.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    To be honest this is his families business...its a personal matter and IN MY OPINION it should not be used by itv2 as a form of entertainment for the show.

Wasn't the headline in a magazine "Peter: My Cancer Hell" when his brother was diagnosed? He is a massive narcissist.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Since he split up from Jordan what has Peter actually done with his life? Other than take an hour from itv2 programming every f**king day of the week.
    How is he still relevant in 2012/2013 the man is famous for essentially nothing yet there seems to be alot of public interest in him (or is there?)

Isn't it about time Peter got a real job!!?

He's creating a career from being a dad (which is wrong!!)
    My sympathy is with him at this difficult time but I have no doubt his brothers death will feature on his new show in some way .... Or we can expect a tell all interview on This Morning very soon.

I really wish he would stop assuming the public have this vast interest in his life and concentrate on living his life AWAY from the camera. I would respect his so much more.

People starting threads about him help keep him relevant.

Not that I dislike him. I don't, but it seems strange that if people don't want him to be 'relevant', they would create a thread in his name.
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's only relevant if you allow him to be. I've never followed him and Jordan and barely know who they are. He does seem to have longevity, though, so somebody must love him!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He must be a little bit popular to still be on the telly! But I stopped watching him long ago. He is too boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is it with PA :mad: due to the fact that he has very little merit or personality of his own to fill shows like these he has relied heavily on the personal lives of his ex, kids and family to fill the majority of air time which should have been about him as a zeleb in the entertainment business while leaving all other very, very personal aspects of his life as outlined influences on him rather than exploiting every second of his families private affairs as a usp to flog his goods :(
    Deepest respect to him and anyone who has suffered a recent loss, its terrible, but it would have been more heartfelt towards him by most I feel if he had shown the appropriate amount of respect towards his own kids and families privacy a long time ago :(
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ylomyloh wrote: »
    He makes me cringe so much. He is a sap, a massive sap. I hate the way he speaks, how he thinks he is the dogs danglies, how he always cries etc etc. I avoid anything with him on like the plague.

Whoops guess the plague caught up with you here :D

However to answer the op, he's relevant to those who keep him relevant, whether that be a love or hate reason...simples :D
  • Options
    Marie_EbbMarie_Ebb Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    What is there not to love about Peter Andre?
  • Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When a pop-star is getting mums and grans in their audience they are no longer relevant...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When a pop-star is getting mums and grans in their audience they are no longer relevant...:rolleyes:

So Mick Jagger isn't relevant?
  • Options
    musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Long before his comeback via reality tv and marriage, back in the 90's he was a genuine big pop star like Justin Timberlake/Robbie even if only for 96-98. Three number one singles and a platinum number 1 album and 9 top ten singles.
    For the teen pop world he was actually good for his time and although perhaps only Mysterious Girl has stood the test of time he still had a period at the top most every wannabe pop star would dream to have. I think he was likeable then.

However the shift after i'm a celeb has been away from music and clearly more about relevance and staying in the public eye/famous and that is annoying. I know he still releases music but it's so dire and predictable maybe he can't work with the producers he once did due to being viewed as a 'reality star' as opposed to a musician.
    At least in the Nineties he was genuinely famous for his music and his physique if we're being honest. He just seems so desperate now to be in the spotlight maybe because he has seen what happens when you are out of favour in the fickle pop world and the big crash afterwards. Wasn't he working in a gym in Australia before i'm a celeb?
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that dismisses a large section of concert attendees and that comment doesn't make sense anyway since many names pull in the older audiences & continue to be relevant. Anyone who puts bums on seats is by definition relevant to those patrons of their shows .

Stupid thread really.And irrelevant.
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marie_Ebb wrote: »
    So Mick Jagger isn't relevant?
    Apparently not. He & a few others. Who knew eh ?
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he'll get the chance to reinvent himself as TV is still interested in him. Obviously he still gets ratings. He may have a signed contract to do many more shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I think he'll get the chance to reinvent himself as TV is still interested in him. Obviously he still gets ratings. He may have a signed contract to do many more shows.

He gets close to a million viewers. ITV won't close down his shows. He's gorgeous.
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Cym wrote: »
    This is it with PA :mad: due to the fact that he has very little merit or personality of his own to fill shows like these he has relied heavily on the personal lives of his ex, kids and family to fill the majority of air time which should have been about him as a zeleb in the entertainment business while leaving all other very, very personal aspects of his life as outlined influences on him rather than exploiting every second of his families private affairs as a usp to flog his goods :(
    Deepest respect to him and anyone who has suffered a recent loss, its terrible, but it would have been more heartfelt towards him by most I feel if he had shown the appropriate amount of respect towards his own kids and families privacy a long time ago :(

EXACTLY!!!

Great post!
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    ITV2 seems to be the only channel interested in him and that's only because his management also make his "reality" show to hand over, ready made, to be shown on a channel not known for its taste and quality control.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand the twerp but I am so sorry he lost his brother at such a young age. Wouldn't wish that on anyone- not his brother, family or Andre himself. Very sad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Peter Andre is currently off on his skiing holiday with his cross eyed, seven feet tall girlfriend, as some photos from Twitter prove.
    http://twitter.com/TalithaElkins/status/283994512857108480/photo/1/large
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Andre is currently off on his skiing holiday with his cross eyed, seven feet tall girlfriend, as some photos from Twitter prove.
    http://twitter.com/TalithaElkins/status/283994512857108480/photo/1/large

Add those two girl's ages together, and you would have someone who is a little younger than him. And yet infinitely more mature.