The Nelly Furtado Appreciation Thread

TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is a tread to talk about all things Nelly Furtado and what a great singer she is.

Nelly Furtado is my favorite female singer and she is just the best and she is also so beautiful.

Each album that Nelly Furtado has made has been excellent.

I can't wait to buy here new album which should be coming out here in the UK sometime later this year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a288056/nelly-furtado-confirms-new-lp-for-2011.html

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a288056/nelly-furtado-confirms-new-lp-for-2011.html

Comments

• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nelly Furtado was on fire during her "Loose" era. Such a shame she never really built on that and just seemed to disappear for years once she released the last single from it.
    I hope her new album will be in a similar vein to Loose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loose is one of the best albums I have ever heard :)

I love nelly furtados music ...I've actually forgotten about her since 2008 :o
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I loved the singles off her Loose album. I liked I'm Like a Bird when it came out first and my friend had the Now album it was on. She recorded the song onto a tape off the CD for me.
  • CoffeeNightmareCoffeeNightmare Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm Like A Bird
    Say It Right
    Promiscuous

are the best songs by her IMO

and i loved that era where she, j.t. and timbaland were releasing songs together! give it to me was a classic! #2007 memories!
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Say It Right and Maneater <3

Omfg though I love Nelly so much, she is so underrated
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Loose is one of my favorite albums of the 00s, I'm not sure if she'll be able to pull it off again though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for the new album :)
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqIpLk27E-g&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Video of Nelly driving to the studio with footage from the recording sessions included.It also confirms she's working with Darkchild :cool:
  • gagaaddictgagaaddict Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she's working with darkchild, she'll have a hit! :)
    Forum Member
    So many Nelly news this week :)

She just announced the title and the release date of her album ( http://twitter.com/#!/NellyFurtado/status/188048243320569857 ).

She's also shooting the video for the lead single, called 'Big Hoops' and a picture from the set has already leaked http://thatgrapejuice.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/article-0-127C37E6000005DC-651_468x659.jpg

Excited :D
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it's as good as Loose. That is one of my favourite albums
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe it finally a new album i missed Mi Plan as i don't speak a foreign language :p but her first three albums are amazing great to have her back i wonder what direction she will go in not this recent trend of generic over processed dance i hope.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Can't believe it finally a new album i missed Mi Plan as i don't speak a foreign language :p but her first three albums are amazing great to have her back i wonder what direction she will go in not this recent trend of generic over processed dance i hope.

What producers is she working with? I have faith she'll deliver a great album no matter who she's worked with
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    What producers is she working with? I have faith she'll deliver a great album no matter who she's worked with

I'll have a check now but having been looking around i think she had said she was gonna go in a similar direction of her first two albums but perhaps keeping the urban, dance, pop of loose.

Salaam Remi now this should be good love his work with Amy Winehouse and yes she is going more woah nelly and taking influence from The XX, Florence, Janelle Monae wow this is gonna be good :eek:
    Forum Member
    TH14 wrote: »
    Darkchild, Salaam Remi and Timbaland have been confirmed, I believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Darkchild, Salaam Remi and Timbaland have been confirmed, I believe.

Even better i like darkchild loved his work on DC's wrting on the wall and Timbaland and her just click and release great results its sounding quite R&B urban again
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Do It, Maneater, Say It Right and All Good Things (Always Come to an End) are my favourites
    Forum Member
    Even better i like darkchild loved his work on DC's wrting on the wall and Timbaland and her just click and release great results its sounding quite R&B urban again
    I think the album will have an urban edge to it, but not as much as 'Loose'. That album was a huge shock as it sounded so different to 'Folklore', but I think the new album will mostly be a re-introduction of Nelly with all her favorite genres combined. I'm actually really curious about her work with Timbaland, because his newest material hasn't impressed me, so it'd be interesting to see what these 2 can do together in the studio, 6 years after 'Loose' :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the album will have an urban edge to it, but not as much as 'Loose'. That album was a huge shock as it sounded so different to 'Folklore', but I think the new album will mostly be a re-introduction of Nelly with all her favorite genres combined. I'm actually really curious about her work with Timbaland, because his newest material hasn't impressed me, so it'd be interesting to see what these 2 can do together in the studio, 6 years after 'Loose' :cool:

True but when i listen to Shit on the radio i can see the basic germs thet were then brought to life on loose and she kept some of her roots on the spanish language tracks so i disagree when most say she sold out it was always present.

And yes i think last song of his i enjoyed was morning after datk which funilly enough she featured on something happen when they come together like Madonna and orbit or spears and Martin the results are always top notch and something special and unique so glad they are back together i wonder if timberlake will make an appearance
    Forum Member
    True but when i listen to Shit on the radio i can see the basic germs thet were then brought to life on loose and she kept some of her roots on the spanish language tracks so i disagree when most say she sold out it was always present.

And yes i think last song of his i enjoyed was morning after datk which funilly enough she featured on something happen when they come together like Madonna and orbit or spears and Martin the results are always top notch and something special and unique so glad they are back together i wonder if timberlake will make an appearance
    I agree. I've been listening to Nelly since 'Fly Like A Bird' and I didn't think she sold out at all with 'Loose'. I cite it as an evolution, a really amazing evolution that nobody really expected. Sort of like an artist coming out of her shell and showing a tougher side of her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love nelly furrtado

Loose album - one of the best albums of all time! :)

excited about her new album :)

xx
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Nelly fan here :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I've been listening to Nelly since 'Fly Like A Bird' and I didn't think she sold out at all with 'Loose'. I cite it as an evolution, a really amazing evolution that nobody really expected. Sort of like an artist coming out of her shell and showing a tougher side of her.

Yes definitely it was an emancipation of sorts i view each as a part of her personality there is kooky Nelly (Woah, Nelly), Nelly and her ethnic roots (Folklore) and sexy free Nelly (Loose) which is what i love about her each album is so varied but shares a part of itself with her other work so who knows where she will take us next.
    Forum Member
    The lead single, 'Big Hoops' (Bigger The Better') is apparently going to be released next Tuesday :eek: It's produced by Darkchild and she just unveiled the cover.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/nelly-furtado-big-hoops-cover.jpg
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    The lead single, 'Big Hoops' (Bigger The Better') is apparently going to be released next Tuesday :eek: It's produced by Darkchild and she just unveiled the cover.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/nelly-furtado-big-hoops-cover.jpg

Wow, I'm looking forwards to this as always I have high hopes for Nelly. :p