The Nelly Furtado Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D i do love it! I cannot wait to hear more about the album...gonna be massive this summer i feel it!
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annie Mac and Grimmers played it on Radio 1 so all the "cool" DJs at the station will have to play it. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah thats brilliant...i love them so with good circulation deffo! They play the best stuff anyway tbh...them and Zane Lowe i feel are the holy trinity of Radio 1....they are the cool kids :cool:
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep listening now :D

Btw, I went to Cornwall recently and loved it! Bit off-topic but hey :o

I loved the "Loose" album massively and will be buying the new one.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just listened to the full Big Hoops (and yes it is about earrings in a way :p) the lyrics evoke her whole swagger and attitude of WN whilst the music is like Loose made contemporary absolutely amazing song Nelly has surprised and surpassed expectations once again I LOVE HER !!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do love it...my albums still havent arrived yet....almost the two week cut off on Weds...i am worried :( Will keep it open for them to arrive tomos or weds...but on thurs if they aint here im writing an angry joshy letter....spesh as they were shipped last week!!! damnit!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do love it...my albums still havent arrived yet....almost the two week cut off on Weds...i am worried :( Will keep it open for them to arrive tomos or weds...but on thurs if they aint here im writing an angry joshy letter....spesh as they were shipped last week!!! damnit!!!

It is a slice of urban pop with a dash of dub perfect for Summer.

And oh no it's bad enough when not dispatched but to be shipped and still waiting angry Josh letter with lots of colourful language indeed :p
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping she performs this on BGT :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping she performs this on BGT :)

Or The Voice or better still both :)
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I'm really not into Big Hoops she's gone down the Hip-Hop type root which I was hoping she'd pull away from
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that is where Nelly began with the underground hip-hip/trip-hop urban scene of the late nineties/early noughties in Toronto if anything she is sticking to her roots and she has said this will be all English so whether the Spanish Language vibe will remain we will see
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    But that is where Nelly began with the underground hip-hip/trip-hop urban scene of the late nineties/early noughties in Toronto if anything she is sticking to her roots and she has said this will be all English so whether the Spanish Language vibe will remain we will see

Fair enough, I was just hoping she wouldn't abandon the Loose feel all together
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Fair enough, I was just hoping she wouldn't abandon the Loose feel all together

I don't think she has though its definitely evident i think so anyway :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a slice of urban pop with a dash of dub perfect for Summer.

And oh no it's bad enough when not dispatched but to be shipped and still waiting angry Josh letter with lots of colourful language indeed :p

oh i will have colourful language.

Despatched on the 13th....friday! hmmm??? So has had a full week and now into week two...this aint funny :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh i will have colourful language.

Despatched on the 13th....friday! hmmm??? So has had a full week and now into week two...this aint funny :(

Who did you order with i order with Amazon and rarely have issues even with free 3 day delivery :confused:

Get on it either way especially if they have taken money from your account if it got lost or whatever should be able to get a full refund or replacements :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who did you order with i order with Amazon and rarely have issues even with free 3 day delivery :confused:

Get on it either way especially if they have taken money from your account if it got lost or whatever should be able to get a full refund or replacements :)

totally....they are with a store with amazon on the (used-like new/new stuff) so i will be on it or im gonna driiive like a bitch ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    totally....they are with a store with amazon on the (used-like new/new stuff) so i will be on it or im gonna driiive like a bitch ;)

I know i sometimes get stuff with a company coming from Jersey so depending on postage and where its coming from give it a while longer and then start threatening the vender :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know i sometimes get stuff with a company coming from Jersey so depending on postage and where its coming from give it a while longer and then start threatening the vender :D

Yeah i really loathe that.. i mean i just want em in my hands right now and they aint here :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i really loathe that.. i mean i just want em in my hands right now and they aint here :(

I know it is my only pet hate when it comes to Internet shopping the wait especially if it's taking it's time but be strong they will turn up :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im sharpening my pencil :(.....not here....letter of complaint tomos methinks DAMNIT!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im sharpening my pencil :(.....not here....letter of complaint tomos methinks DAMNIT!!!

Haha any longer and you'll be on the internet looking for a letter bomb recipe and with just cause :p

And am addicted to big hoops (bad time to say it i know JP :o) but does remind me of Woah, Nelly so much in its lyrical content and delivery :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAAAV!! teasin :(

I want it now!!! THEM now ehre NOOW :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HAAAV!! teasin :(

I want it now!!! THEM now ehre NOOW :(

I know i do feel for you if they have taken money from you too its not impressive send an e-mail or something now and continually bomard them until something arrives you said it has almost been 2 weeks :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know i do feel for you if they have taken money from you too its not impressive send an e-mail or something now and continually bomard them until something arrives you said it has almost been 2 weeks :(

oh i will...they will face the wrath when i am in from work tomos and they aint here....AAAAH!

yeah so effing frustrated tbh with it.....and yes bombard em, full on asault!!! they wont know what hit em ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh i will...they will face the wrath when i am in from work tomos and they aint here....AAAAH!

yeah so effing frustrated tbh with it.....and yes bombard em, full on asault!!! they wont know what hit em ;)

Rip em to shreds and make sure they feel the full Wrath they wont know whats hit em ;)